Book Question

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by MR-FAN, Mar 10, 2011.

1. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

When all else fails (ie when google search fails) I'm only left with FSU for the rescue!

I'm wondering if someone can help me figure out the title of a book I read a few years ago. It was one of the novels we read for an English class in high school, and my friend and I just can't remember the name of the book. I think the main theme in the book was good vs. evil (doesn't that narrow it down? :p ) It was a family drama where an "evil" character with connections/relations with various members of the family enters back to their lives, and their lives spiral out of control. A lot of people die in the end, and I think someone drowns in a pool. The one event that really sticks in my head was this chapter where one of the characters (who is gay) was I think describing the first time he realized he was gay, and that's by staring at a greek statue of a man, and he found himself licking the statue (and I think the evil man saw him and that how they first met) you can't get an image like that out of your head!

I know this short summary is full of "I think" and "maybe" and barely any details, but if any of it rings a bell to anyone who knows the name of the book, I'll be very grateful :encore::encore:

Thank youuuu!

2. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but I wish I had gone to your school.