Bobrova & Soloviev Fans Clubhouse

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by BlueRidge, Mar 28, 2014.

1. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

I have the impression from the google translation of the snippet of an article that Zhulin intends for Dmitri to rest up. Hopefully, that is the case.

2. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  3. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

I must admit I strongly disliked them, but they have grown on me. They come across as such nice, drama-free people who never complain or blame anyone and actually seem to like each other. It's almost like they're not Russian ice dancers :D I hope they do better next season and retain the Russian no1 spot.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

5. ichiro

ichiro Member

I feel the same way with this team the more i watch their programs and their reactions.

6. aemeraldrainc

aemeraldrainc Active Member

7. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I think those are right after the Olympics, for the Audi "red book" collection. Bobrova is a redhead currently :)

8. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I have liked watching these two since their sailor routine. I think the hate for them is - as hate can sometimes be on FSU - completely over the top. I am looking forward to watching them this season!

alchemy void and BittyBug like this.
  9. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Kasey likes this.
  10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Of course she did! She is like the perfect person, lol.

11. BlueRidge

Is there any news on Bobrova & Soloviev? How is his recovery? Do they plan to skate at all this season?

12. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

13. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

I feel so bad for them. They are lovely people and Dima is so talented, but unless he dumps her which it doesn't look like he wants to do, they will never be more than World broze contenders and probably not even that.

14. BlueRidge

Ekaterina is plenty talented. Making the world podium ought to be their goal at this point. Not everyone can be world champion. He'd be an idiot to "dump" her in search of some pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Thankfully, he is not.

I hope they can skate this season, but if not, I hope they are able to fully come back next season.

15. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I really like this team and am looking forward to seeing them back on the ice.

BlueRidge likes this.
  16. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

If only he wants to train or skate you mean. Because it looks like he doesn't want to :(

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

The Accordion and blancanieves like this.
  18. BlueRidge

that is good to know!

19. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

This interview link was also posted in the same GSD thread (I missed seeing it earlier):

20. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Sad to see them struggling with this injury for so long. This could have been their year. May be they need to take the entire season off, focus on him getting healthy, then come back stronger next season.

21. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

So sad to see them continuing to struggle; they both seem like such really nice and decent people, and I wish them greater success as they come back to competition. Oh, and YAY for the skates coming home!

22. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

supergirl573 likes this.
  23. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

supergirl573 likes this.
  24. BlueRidge

I always felt that came through when they are on the ice that's part of why I've been such a long time fan.

I am concerned about them being able to come back from this injury. I'm glad Dmitri got his skates!

25. newyearsmovie

newyearsmovie Member

They were the clear favorites for the world title this year before all this. So sad. I don't think their chances of a gold medal will ever be as high as this year. Teams like Weaver & Poje (with 2 world medals, regardless the color of the 2nd), Chock & Bates (probably a gold or silver at worlds and a home country worlds upcoming), and Papadakis & Cizeron (shot from 13th to a likely medal this year) will be more established than B&S going into next year.

26. newyearsmovie

newyearsmovie Member

He is the one who has trouble staying healthy. Numerous back problems, and now leg problems.

27. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

Yes, you're right and I was too harsh in my post, but on the ice he is the much stronger skater for me. I really hope they come back and retain their no.1 spot in Russia just because they are such sickeningly nice people, which is so rare in elite sport and should be rewarded.

28. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

I am hoping they come back and skate well too, but not at the cost of his health. I cant help but keep thinking of Shabalin. I would much rather them take the season off, get really healthy, and come back next year. Ice dance is in flux right now. for the first time that I can remember no clear leader in sight. Whoever wins worlds this year, I dont think they will be so entrenched in that position they cannot be ousted. If they can come back really strong next year, I dont think they will have lost too mcuh ground with the judges.

OTOH, I think coming back half-baked, looking ragged, and not skating all that well [from lack of practice] would hurt them more in the eyes of the judges - to say nothing about Soloviev's health.

BlueRidge likes this.
  29. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

30. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Re-posting from the From Russia with Love thread: