Bobrova & Soloviev Fans Clubhouse

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by BlueRidge, Mar 28, 2014.

1. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

I just needed a place to say,

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGH!

What a season for Bobrova & Soloviev. :fragile:

Well they are Olympic champions of course! :cheer:

Can't believe they had to withdraw from Worlds due to injury. Anyone have any more information?

btw, don't like 'em? No hate here please. Just a request. :p

The Accordion likes this.
  2. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I actually liked the free dance they performed at the Olympics. It was from last year, right? It was different. :) I do find myself straightening my back when I see her skate, but ice dance needs more different programs. I hope they come back next year.

3. BlueRidge

Yes they went back to last year's Madness FD after the geese flew away. I think they skated it very strongly at the Olys.

Was hoping for a good result with it at Worlds. :(

4. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Wishing them a fantastically different and better season next year. They both seem like very nice, hard-working people, and there is certainly room for different styles in ice dance; it doesn't always have to be about the perfect form, posture and toe point. Diversity is good for the sport, and I hope very much they come back strong and confident.

ioana and (deleted member) like this.
  5. BlueRidge

Russian-figure-skaters-Bobrova-and-Soloviev-to-miss-world-championships

Can't find much on the injury that caused them to withdraw; it doesn't sound serious, just sadly enough to knock them out of Worlds.

6. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Despite the disappointment of this season, I hope they can regroup and use their challenges this year to motivate them for next season and beyond. I think a first step would be a coaching change. At the beginning, Zhulin seemed to be a positive force, but after the shenanigans he pulled with their free dance this season I have no confidence in him at all.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I am not their fan but I don't dislike them the way some posters do. I am truly sorry that they had to withdraw due to his groin pull. I hope it's not serious and I hope they can come back strong next season.

8. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

It only seems fitting they'd have a clubhouse instead of a fan club or something else that's uber-traditional :p. Fingers crossed Dmitriy makes a quick & complete recovery and they come back to :kickass: next season. With fowl-free programs.

BlueRidge and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I am a fan of this team. I am gutted for them but wish him a speedy recovery. I wish them 2 kick butt programs next year!

BlueRidge and (deleted member) like this.
  10. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

They have come up with some really good programs. Like their 2011 SD & last years FD. I think they will come back much stronger next season.

11. stojkoquad

stojkoquad New Member

I hope his back injury isnt too serious. I am not that upset about them missing this year worlds, as I dont think they were ever medalling. As long as they are good to go next season where with better programs and coaching they can be contenders again maybe.

12. BlueRidge

13. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I am not their fan yet but really want to be .I hope they have great material next season and :kickass:
    As P/B and probably D/W have now retired I am currently without a favourite team .No other team has grabbed my total interest yet only Stepanova/Bukin:p

14. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I became a fan of theirs at SkAm 2012. They skated their Madness program there. I found they are one of those teams who are just so much better live than on TV. And they can really tell and sell a story. No one has to issue a long press release to explain a B&S dance, even when the story is as off-center as Hunted Birds. When you watch them, the storyline is clear. Of course, there is little reward for this is the IJS, but I really appreciate it.

What a sad, dreadful year they have had, and yet they do have a team gold medal. Best wishes to them for a better season next year.

15. lulu

lulu New Member

I really enjoyed their Madness FD, and hope they are able to hit their groove next season.

Ekaterina looks like she's having a great time at (Euro?)Disney World!

16. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Ekaterina has such a lovely bubbly personality.I think with the Paso SD next season they maybe should consider having a fun FD .it would be in contrast to the SD and show off her natural personality :)
    Their Sailor SD was such a hit maybe something similar.Not circus though :rolleyes:

17. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

I am sure with the recent drama around I&K, even if they stay together Bobrova & Soloviev are now back to being Russian #1. Whee!

18. SochiDid

SochiDid Banned Member

I like Bobrova's personality. But I wouldn't want to be in a romantic relationship with her, she seems like the psycho jealous type.

19. BlueRidge

TAHbKA posted this article in the GSD thread: http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140407/741381539.html

Dmitri is apparently back on the ice and mending. Here's a quote with google translate:

20. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

What wonderful news!!

21. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Yes. You are totally right!!!

22. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Does this mean that they are staying with Zhulin? Ugh! :wall:

They aren't my favorite team but I don't hate them at all and felt terrible for them this past season.

I think they should have stuck with the original birds program with the original music for last season instead of changing the FD every couple of months.

23. BlueRidge

It certainly doesn't sound from the article like they are considering a change of coaches.

24. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

It should be made official that if you win Olympic Team Gold, then you are referred to as "Olympic Team Champions."

25. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I am glad he is back on ice, but hope he isn't pushing himself to return too soon. It is off-season, after all, and they can afford to take a little longer break if need be so he's fully healed for getting back to training. Hoping that they end up with better programs this year that aren't inspired by dreams brought on by eating too much spicy food at night! ;)

26. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

They're my favorite team now that Tessa and Scott have retired

27. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Now that I&K have split, B&S will be Russia's Number 1 again. Hopefully they will get the support of their fed, since there is really no competition against them for at least a year or two.

28. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

I really do like Bobrova and Soloviev, even if I poke fun at the Bird program sometimes :p I love their Madness FD and it was a shame it didn't have the same impact at the Olympics that it did at 2013 Worlds. I'm hoping for the best next season!

29. The Observer

The Observer New Member

We have to remember that it's not 100% official that I&K have split (or that V&M have retired) until it is publicly confirmed and the official paperwork is filed.

But if the above does happen, there will be a couple less teams standing in the way of the podium for B&S.

30. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

I dont agree. Olympic gold is Olympic gold, period. Dont like Soloviev and Bobrova but they will always be Olympic gold medalists. Sometimes the team gold is worth more than the individaul gold anyway (eg- Lipnitskaya vs Sotnikova). It depends how much you contributed, how great the performances were, and how celebrated your victory and your contribution to it is.