Board Issues?

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by GarrAarghHrumph, Mar 10, 2014.

1. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Hi:

Should we be expecting issues with the functionality of the board as the software is upgraded, or is something else going on? Because the board is going crazy! And yes, that's the technical term. ;)

2. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

The software is not being upgraded, which is part of the problem. We're moving to a new board when the season is over.

This board should be working now.

3. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I'm having some funky things happening - the most current thread doesn't show correctly or the last post. For example there might have been activity in the snark thread by poster x at 8:30 but the link shows that poster y at 7 :45
    Not a big deal, just that I don't usually look at the thread if I don't think there is new activity

4. Prancer

Argh. That's what it was doing last night.

There are some problems with the database.

5. GarrAarghHrumph

Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing.

6. Prancer

Weird. I was seeing it earlier, but I am not seeing it now. :confused:

7. GarrAarghHrumph

It seems like, as threads get updated this late morning (eastern time), the situation fixes itself. So perhaps as posts happen after a certain time, life is good?

8. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

That's the idea. If it doesn't resolve itself by tomorrow, I'll run a few things on the database.

9. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

last night when I started getting database error, first I thought something was wrong with my computer. Then I realized it was the board. This morning (around 9 am PST) I was able to post something. Now (around 1 pm PST) I am still able to post, but it is very very slow. I assume we just have to be a little patient right now. :)

10. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it isn't just me. I always view through "new posts" and when I click a link, it isn't taking me to what the preview appeared as.