Bizarrely titled Reuters article on Davis & White

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Mar 9, 2013.

1. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

rude. thats really insulting to plushy.

I thought Scott was the only arrogant one in ice dance ;)

2. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

No it isn't. You're seeing what you want to see, not what isn't there. It's known how much you hate Davis & White so you'd not find anything good about them in any article.

3. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Yes absolutely you can and I'll be right beside you! I was in London for the Short and I can not tell you how glorious it was to see these 2 teams live! It was absolutely breathtaking (literally!) and I doubt that I will ever see that level of quality/rivalry again! Scott and Tessa were fantastic and the twizzle bobble was obvious to everyone in the rink, even to the uninitiated. The whole audience was completely dismayed and fell silent. It was hard on the next skaters because we were all sitting in stunned silence. But we all snapped out of it and Meryl and Charlie got a very warm welcome. They were beyond brilliant.
    The Long I saw on tv and it was wonderful to see them both deliver their best, skate the way they've wanted to. Meryl and Charlie, worthy world champions!

4. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

well it seems like d/w's passive aggressive whining has won them the gold!
    imo the isu should've awarded their pr team a platinum medal for gems such as this article

5. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: It's quotes like that that make me happy this site has an ignore feature.

6. michaelfsfan

michaelfsfan Princess Glee (TM)

I suggest you watch this video before spreading your lies. Jamie & David looked disappointed and possibly crestfallen, but she was hardly sobbing all over the podium. :blah:

7. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Thank you for that. I've read numerous times about her bawling on the podium. Watching the video, she seems sad but smiling during almost all of it, and then holding back tears as the anthem plays. But NOTHING like a tantrum. She's obviously just disappointed.

8. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Well depending upon how you feel about the skater/result/competition, it's amazing how different one's recall is compared to the actual events -- especially when there is video around to show the reality.

9. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

They came across on television as genuinely admiring of Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze's performances. I recall they seemed to accept them them as the champions and the silver as a great accomplishment. This was the impression I recall they gave in some interviews. I have no insights about what she/he felt, but what they said during the prolonged coverage was 1000 times more dignified and intelligent than the ratings driven press. What an embarrassment Sandra was.

10. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

I agree that fans can interpret skaters' faces and body language based on biases--especially as you point out when it comes to memory (I know I am guilty of this too). None of us have ever been at the Olympics as reigning world champions or heavy favorites and had to deliver that kind performance. Some of us can draw analogies based on big moments when we had to perform in sports, work, theater, or school. I think they looked fine with the result, because I imagine my own feelings experienced in a similar situation. You believe you had the chance, gave it your best, had an incredible high in the performance, and discovered it wasn't enough--that the particular dream that inspired your performance wasn't to be. You had an Olympic high, and now 30 minutes later you have an Olympic disappointment. You mentally are not protesting, but your body is likely to show some of the feelings of tiredness and emotional adjustment-- no matter how good your thoughts or attitudes are.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013