Billy Ray Cyrus blames "Hannah Montana" show for family troubles

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by deltask8er, Feb 15, 2011.

1. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

A little respect? To Disney? ....:shuffle: ....ooooookay.

2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Victoria and Nicholas Newman are named for their parents, Nikki and Victor Newman!

Really? If she grew up under difficult circumstances and managed to rise above it, I'd give her some points for that. And if she used some of her millions to help those less fortunate than her overcome similar challenges.

My issue with her is that she looks like she works out WAY too much, and has that dehydrated look of bodybuilders right before competition - her arms may look great on the red carpet, but it pulls her face in very weird ways.

3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

She was a supposedly a big ol' drug dealer back in Baltimore before coming out to Hollywood. She owns a property in Baltimore, IIRC, that was involved in a huge drug sting a few years back.

Lots of people grow up under difficult circumstances and they don't sell drugs in order to make it. I could never justify that. I cringe now when I hear some celebs, especially in the hip-hop community, talk about how they sold drugs before they hit it big. Someone could have possibly OD'd or DIED because of them. I've seen too many people die from drugs and all of its nasty aftereffects to give someone "points" because they sold them to "get by". No one. I know of a couple of "mainstream" actors - a big sitcom star and an Oscar-nominated actress who sold them too. Don't have time for them.

She's botoxed. Lately she's been wearing wigs to hide the immobile parts of her face. Sandra Bullock did this recently at the Globes. She had that horrible wig on to hide the fact that she could barely move her face.

4. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

I had forgotten about Pursuit of Happyness, and I LOVED Six Degrees of Separation. I Am Legend was good too. But there were so many bad ones . . .

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

The Wild, Wild West, Hancock, The Legend of Bagger Vance....allegedly, he's in talks to do a remake of Alfred Hitchock's Suspicion. Leave it alone, Will.

6. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

I liked The Wild, Wild West. It wasn't necessarily a good movie, but it wasn't a bad movie either.

I've liked him in pretty much everything he's been in that I've seen. But I haven't seen most of the movies that people are bitching about. (Mostly because they looked stupid.)

Um, so what does this have to do with Billy Ray Cyrus? :lol:

7. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Showbiz parents with kids in showbiz. And their respective successes (or lack thereof) in parenting.

8. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

Jurassic Park remains my favorite movie of all time for a reason.

9. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Billy Ray liked that show enough and wanted his daughter promoted so he posed for magazine pictures with her etc.. He could have said no, could have limited her exposure, but that taste of big money just couldn't be spit out. Now it's biting him back.

As for the Smiths... i didn't notice willow at first because Jaden looked like the most spoiled cocky kid ever. His facial expression in pictures just made me want to turn the page because he was so smug. Willow is no better. She just looks totally entitled.

When you grow up with parents who have everything, and who probably told them they could be whatever they wanted, and seeing the Hollywood crowd come visit all the time, of course they'd grow up thinking they could act that way and of course that behaviour makes them appear precocious. What 10 year old from small town America has that confidence and support system? Not many.

10. Andrushka

Andrushka New Member

Badams I have seen the show,and I still wouldn't let my kids watch it,sorry.It's too mature for the audience that was being drawn into it. I've had piano students in the past who were in the 1st-2nd grade,dressing like Hannah Montana.It's not cute.Kids should be kids.

11. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Watching the show is one thing, allowing your small girls to dress like Hannah Montana another, although I have to say that I never thought that Miley's wardrobe on the show was particularly racy, especially not for a high schooler. But even if she had dressed like a Vegas showgirl, it wasn't the show that bought Hannah Montana clothes for those little girls. Responsibility for that lies squarely with the parents.

I've been subjected to a lot of Disney, and I always considered Hannah one of the better shows. Not having to listen to the incredibly obnoxious and unfunny iCarly or the stiff and unfunny Sprouse twins has been one of the better things about my daughter finally outgrowing the Disney channel.

12. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

I thought icarly was nickelodeon?

13. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Probably is. I can't tell you how happy I am not to need to know the difference any more :cheer2:.

14. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

15. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Eh, it's just FSU thread drift... ;)