Biggest Loser Couples: Season 9

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rob, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Murdoch

Murdoch New Member

What did she say?!
  2. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Something along the lines of she was really disappointed in Lance for not losing as much as he has been and therefore putting them in danger of going below the Yellow Line. Also that he ended up putting all of the pressure on her and other such garbage.

As I said...Considering Lance has been the one carrying Team Red for the most part, takes an awful lot of nerve for Melissa to say that.
  3. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing Rockne tonight. He looks *hot* in the preview clip!
  4. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:mitchell: Cheater! Unfair advantage! She'll have her [what's another superfluous organ?] removed before next weigh-in. :p
  5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

NBC aired a Biggest Loser rerun Sunday night and I ws psyched since I missed last week - and they showed the previous week's episode! :wall:

I hope Rockne's in the first hour tonight, before I have to switch to ABC for LOST.
  6. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Am I the only one jumping up and down on the couch right now???!!! I am so over her right now. Can someone just get her off of my television right now? She talks entirely too much. She's extremely condescending. I couldn't be happier with her falling below the red line.

I didn't like the final elimination challenge--but I like that no one had to vote. And they were really wrong for that cliffhanger!
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

hell no! :cheer:

but what is this survivor type challenge where they balance fire or whatnot? what isnt mrs red just going home?
  8. FiveRinger

Nope. This week there was the red line where the person with the lowest percentage of weight loss was eliminated immediately. The two people with the next two lowest percentages of weight loss were then in danger of being eliminated. At first, Ali said that the house would vote. But, then, after Mrs Red went home, she announced that there would be a challenge since this week they were celebrating the Olympics. Balancing torches on their heads. How your thighs must burn after that one!
  9. my little pony

thanks

I was so excited to see Mrs Red leave that I totally missed that
  10. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

I thought Ms. Red's comments were inappropriate. She made it sound like she was choosing to go home rather than being sent on her way. I also thought it was a tad snarky of her to say it was okay because she was so much nearer her goal weight than anyone else, and unlike others she didn't have major medical issues so it was okay for her to go home now. To me it just came off as saying she was far better than the others.

Oh well, hope the door didn't hit her on the way out :D
    FiveRinger and (deleted member) like this.
  11. FiveRinger

I was thinking the exact same thing when I posted, but I didn't want to say because the show wasn't over yet.

My question was if she had it goin' on like that, what the hell was she doing there in the first place? If she was so together, what was her purpose except to babysit and belittle her husband.
  12. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

YAY!!! I'm so glad the annoying Red lady is gone!! I have to catch recaps now that Lost is back but catching up will be SO much easier now that this twit is gone. :biggrinbo
  13. agalisgv

Bless us all with her magnificence?
  14. genevieve

only got to see the first hour and missed Rockne, but thrilled that Melissa the Red Lady is gone :D Was :rolleyes: at her declaration about how her team is soooooooo different (aka more important) because they are married. Married, I tell you! That's a lifelong commitment to helping each other!!!! I rather think their kids will happy to have a parent home.

Also :duh: at Sunshine and Melissa for using their challenge advantage on Sam (or was it Koli?). Of course he repaid them in kind :lol:
  15. AragornElessar

I wasn't jumping up and down due to being on the home stretch of my time on the Stationary Recumbent Bike, but laughing like a delighted loon? Oh Hell yeah!! :D :D :D

As for her spiel at the end, same ol, same ol Melissa. Hope the door slammed itself and HARD on her ass on her way out the door. BTW, and I forgot to mention this a couple of weeks ago, when Bob did Jay, he mentioned that Melissa's a Lawyer.

It now all makes perfect sense. ;) (No offense to any FSU Lawyers here in the thread. She really did all of you a disservice by furthering the stereotype w/her behavioue IMO.)

Anyone else also get a real kick out of who it came down to in the Biathlon Challenge? LOVED it came down to the two Dads for Immunity and O'Neal won. I would have also been thrilled for Darrell if he'd pulled it out.

And how about Miggy this week? Awesome for her and I wonder how much of that is due to the drama and negativity Migdalela had oozing out of her, not being there anymore. W/that gone, all Miggy has to do now is worry about what needs to happen for her to succeed. Not to mention how sick she had to have been leading up to her Emerg Appy last week.

Oh and she w/out a doubt needs to wear her bangs down more often. Took ten years off of her. I was amazed at the difference just that one little thing made w/Miggy.

One last thing...Is there one sentence in the English language more evil than...To Be Continued. Grrrrrr!!!!

At least when we come back after the Olympics, TBL will be far more enjoyable to watch w/no Meliisa there!!! YAY!!!! :D
  16. genevieve

Any recap on melissa's goodbye rant?
  17. The Observer

The Observer New Member

18. genevieve

19. agalisgv

Looking at scenes from next week, it looks like the Darrell gets eliminated from the torch challenge.
  20. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Yay, Melissa gone. She was so annoying. She acted like she just did this show for Lance and like she had no major issue herself. I could see her deciding that she needed to get back to work and the kids and throwing the weigh in to "prove" she wasn't lying before.
  21. Nan

Nan Just me

I'm glad Melissa is gone, I'm just sorry I wasn't home to see it. Now, I have to consider if I even want MR. Red to win. I don't have a lot against him, but if he takes home the money, Melissa will benefit, too.
  22. genevieve

Oh, I already know I don't want Mr Red to win. I think he's just as arrogant as she is.
  23. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I don't want Lance to win either. My faves are O'Neal, Sunshine, Koli, Sam, and Michael- I would love for any of them to win. But I like all the rest just fine too. I think I dislike Lance by association.
  24. FiveRinger

My favorites are the same as yours. Although I like Darus, too. Something about him is really endearing.
  25. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I love Sunshine & O'Neal! I'm so glad that they're back, they just seem like great people and are embracing everything that the show is about.

I'm loving Miggy more and more now that her sour-puss daughter isn't there. It was great to see her so happy after she weighed in!

I think Stephanie is going to be the one who has the most amazing transformation when it comes to the finale. That girl is determined.

I hope Cheryl wins the elimination challenge. Darrell is way too :yawn: Cheryl still has one of the most memorable moments of this season for me, from the very first week when she was in the gym for one of the first times and was being a complete warhorse and was giving 1000%... probably not memorable to everyone else, but that image is just stuck in my mind for whatever reason.
  26. Nan

Nan Just me

There are quite a few contestants I like on the show this season. I really like both of the men on the gray team and I do like Cheryl but there is something that draws me to Stephanie. I don't think she was noticed while her mother was there and then she was kind of all alone but she just keeps plugging away, not drawing too much attention to herself.
  27. genevieve

I like Daris and his mom a lot, Sam and Koli, Sunshine and O'Neal, Michael, agree that Miggy is doing much better without her daughter. I'm having a hard time remembering some of the others though. Pink team I can do without. They're not mean or awful, just kind of boring.
  28. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Ashley from the pink team is a really good friend of mine and she is so not boring in real life, but is kind of coming off a little bland on camera, which really surprises me.
  29. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's mostly due to them being a blonde mother/daughter pink team, but so far they are just Helen/Flower Power v2.0 to me.
  30. GaPeach

GaPeach New Member

She is one of my favorites.

I'm so glad Ms. Red is gone. Next, Mr.Red pleeease!
  31. AragornElessar

I think it's more than likely the edit they're getting. Not only that, but they haven't been part of any real Drama yet. Sure they won that one challenge to determine Student Teacher Week, but other than that, they have been in the background more than any other team so far this season.

Which is odd to me, because I really do get "the bubbly vibe" from Ashley. Maybe as the Season goes on that'll change?

I also like Michael, Sam, Koli, O'Neal, Sunshine and Stephanie. Like someone else has said, there's just something about Stephanie that's just blossomed in the last couple of weeks. She also seems like a really nice person too. Loved how she helped out and cheered on Sunshine last week during that run on the Treadmill.

You know, I can see her ending up becoming one of the Contestants that becomes a Trainer afterwards. Just from things I've seen the last two weeks...Can't explain it, but I have a feeling she's one of those people that was meant to help out other people. Hope that makes sense.

Oh and remember Curtis Stone showing the Teachers how to make that Chicken Caccatore a couple of weeks ago? I went and printed out the recipe and...Oooooh la la that thing is soooo yummy!! Highly reccomend it!! :D
  32. genevieve

I think the comparison to Helen and her daughter is def. part of the problem - if they weren't in pink shirts it might help. Editing overall is a bit odd this season. There are still a LOT of people that I can barely remember from week to week - Darrell and his daughter - I can't remember her name or what she looks like. Stephanie I finally remember but don't know who her partner was who's now gone. Was it her mom? I feel like there's a smaller group of strong personalities than usual that have gotten most of the camera time and the rest of them just show up occasionally for weigh in :lol: maybe now that Melissa is gone we'll get to see some of the other folks.
  33. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I was laughing at Bob talking about how Rockne was initially afraid to really push the contestants hard. But then Rockne seemed to really get into his version of the last chance workout!

And yes, i was so happy that she-Red went home!
  34. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

They seem perfectly nice, but yes, they are coming off a little bland. Same with black team. Maybe its editing. Or maybe it is because they just don't have as many drama moments like Koli, Michael, Miggy, Red team, etc. -- this would make me like them better in real life, but it doesn't make as many TV moments for them.

Yes, Stephanie is very motivated - I liked when she was egging all the women on to complete the run Jillian assigned and being particularly nice to Sunshine when she got back. She and Darus are flying under the radar right now. Now that they have identified Darus as leading by % of weight lost, I wonder if the game playing will start. So far, the only obvious player was Ms. Red. It seemed like Pink was willing to play early on, but then they backed off.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  35. FiveRinger

I think the pink team may have a little bit of competitive spark. After all, they did win the teacher/student challenge. But, as soon as they one, one of them commented that they didn't want/like the pressure of having to make decisions.

Whoever made the comment that this group of people is nice was right. Plus, the nature of the show makes you root for your competitors as much as your self. The end goal for most is to lose weight. Winning the game is an added bonus.
  36. Fridge_Break

Digging this thread out... did anyone watch tonight? Quite an impressive underdog victory!
  37. my little pony

are the grey team and Michael still there?
  38. Nan

Nan Just me

Teams are split into blue and black now. The former grey team is split. Some interesting game-play going on.
  39. Fridge_Break

Yes to both. Here's a quick recap of the show if anyone missed it:

They started the episode with the cliffhanger from a few weeks ago (before the Olympics) between Cheryl and Darrell. Cheryl won after about 9 minutes or so and Darrell was sent home. The teams then were told they would be split into blue & black and there would be a temptation game to determine who would get to pick the teams. Only Andrea and Michael participated and it was a memory match game. Each time they didn't make a match, they had to eat a cookie that had 100 calories. If they matched up food, the other person had to eat it (cakes, pastries, chocolate, etc). In the end both had eaten over 2000 calories before Michael matched up the "Choose Teams" cards.

He decided to stack the teams so that all of the strong people who can pull big numbers were on one team, and all the 'weak' people were on the other. He chose to give O'Neal immunity, and he would join the losing team after this week's elimination.

Teams are as follows:
    Blue team (working with Bob): Michael, Koli, Miggy, Sunshine, Lance, and Daris
    Black team (working with Jillian): Sam, Stephanie, Cheryl, Sherry, Ashley, and Andrea

The black team barely squeaked out the weigh in victory, even though everyone believed the blue team would. Michael won immunity because he lost the highest percentage among his team. The vote boiled down to Lance and Miggy for who to vote out because they both pulled low numbers this week (-5 for Lance, -4 for Miggy), and Miggy was ultimately sent home. Next week, O'Neal joins the blue team.
  40. harekrishna43

harekrishna43 Active Member

I couldn't watch tonight - it seemed to be endless commercials - eventually I switched over to American Idol during the breaks and every time I checked back at Biggest Loser, it was another commercial. If they have to show that many ads during a 2 hour show, then the show needs to be one hour or 90 minutes at most.

Thanks for the update though - I'll try to watch again next week but if it's the same amount of commercials, I'm giving up.