Biggest Loser Couples: Now With Sekret Trainers

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Nora_Charles, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Nora_Charles

Nora_Charles New Member

Did anybody else watch last night? For me, this season is already 1000x more interesting than last season. I'm liking pretty much everybody, except whiny orange mom who ended up going home anyway. Couldn't believe it when Arthur (blue team son) said he'd already lost 150 pounds...to get to 507! :wideeyes: I felt so bad for him when he was walking....it can't be easy to have to lift that huge stomach. :( But I just wanted to hug Bob for holding his hand while they walked. So sweet!

2. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I'm watching too. Will be interested to see how the new format plays out.

3. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I'm also watching, but since I started last Season's thread, decided it was someone else's turn this time. :)

So far, I like everyone, but since we're not really seeing much of those who are training w/the Unknowns, that could change once we do see more from those teams. Ana (?) looked really great in her post elim interview/how's she doing at home. My main worry about her though was what she said her motivation is. Even w/all of the positive changes going on since the weight loss, she's still saying she's doing it for her Daughter because she promised her she would at home.

That to me doesn't bode well for a long term success story of weight loss w/her. Really hope I'm wrong there though.

Poor Arthur, but I'm glad he's w/Bob and Jillian for the very reason Nora Charles touched on. Yes, they're tough and need to be, but they also know when it's time to back off and just talk to someone. We don't know if the Unknown Trainers are like that or not right now, so in Arthur's case, I'm glad he and his Dad stayed on the Ranch.

So far, very much enjoying the Season and this is a twist that worked. Unlike the last time they tried to a twist at the very beginning, which was talked about last night w/the bike challlenge of a couple of Seasons ago. Already really like Arthur and pulling for him!! :)

4. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

It is far more interesting than last season. I like that the Unknown trainer group is not totally off camera. But I wish they'd just introduce the trainers already. It is going to be kind of anticlimactic. Unless they are total household names, a lot of the viewing audience is going to go "who?" at the big reveal time.

I were up for elimination with Arthur, I would just have to pack up and leave. He needs this soooo bad.

5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Wasn't the finale on just a couple of weeks ago!? I hate these shows that never give it a break!

6. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

it's interesting that both Arthur and one of the women have already lost over a hundred pounds - they've definitely got an advantage over the others, as they have already started doing something and the physical tasks probably won't be quite as much of a shock to the system. The workouts - yes, as we saw with Arthur, but think how much harder that first workout would have been if he were starting from scratch. Rulon also has an advantage, as he knows what it is to train hard and his body will probably remember it sooner than others. I can't remember - what's his teammate's connection to him?

They need to just introduce the mystery trainers already.

7. Nora_Charles

Nora_Charles New Member

Rulon's teammate is a friend of his (according to the little titles on-screen. lol) I have to agree with everything you said - Aqua girl (every time Alison called that color, I kept thinking she was saying someone's name! :) ) and Arthur have a much better set up than, say, Orange Mom who had never even been on a treadmill before. And I knew Rulon and Justin were going to win the treadmill challenge....Rulon knows what it's like to push your body waaaay past the point of what you think it'll do. I clearly remember watching him win his Olympic gold -- can't believe how he looks now. I read somewhere that he's suffered a lot of personal tragedy (plane crash, lost a toe to frostbite, daughter died) in the ensuing 10-ish years. :( I hope he can get his health back on track!

I also felt HORRIBLE for Da/on (whichever cop twin it was) whose son stopped talking to him. I know each person reacts differently to emotional pain, but I'm not sure how cutting your dad out of your life because he's fat is going to help. (I know if someone I loved stopped talking to me because of my weight, that would drive me to the Oreo bag, not the treadmill.) I'm thinking there's more to that story, or the son's coming off as kind of a jerk. :(

And ALRIGHT ALREADY with the super sekret mystery unknown trainers! I think, like Rob said, that by the time they do the reveal, it's gonna be about as exciting as Geraldo opening the vault. (Yes, I do know how old that reference makes me. :lol: ) I would have no clue who a famous lady boxer is (or male boxer for that matter, except that Leila Ali and Floyd Mayweather, adn that's only because they were on DWTS!), nor would I know "one of the most famous trainers in the country"....because I really thought, as far as name recognition, that Bob and Jillian already filled that spot??

8. genevieve

Woah, I missed that part! :eek: Agree - if someone cuts you out of their life because of your weight, it's not likely to make the person go "wow, my son is such a great guy I should do whatever it takes to get back into his life!". More like "how did I raise such a jackass...where's the nearest Burger King"

9. Nora_Charles

Nora_Charles New Member

The other sad part was that the other twin's son actually DIED. That twin had already lost 100 pounds, and they were at a family thing, and his son was told him how proud he was of him, and a month later the son died of an overdose. The dad then proceeded to pack on all 100 pounds and then some. And here's this other idiot who won't speak to his dad because of the weight issue. :( Life's waaaaay too short and precious for that kind of b.s., in my opinion.

10. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Did I see someone named "Q"?

11. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

You did. The male half of the Red Team.

12. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

13. genevieve

I thought there was an intro of the new trainers at the finale a few weeks ago? Is it really a secret?

14. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

Actually my least favorite team was "purple" They just strike me as "we are going to have an attitude"

And does anyone else find it sad that it seems so easy for the producers to fill the slots on this show? :(

15. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

There was an intro, but they kept their identities secret. I'm going to :rofl: if we spend the entire season with these trainers shrouded in secrecy and they announce them at like the finale or something. :lol: I know it's not going to happen, but seeing as they've been hyping this so much, it almost seems possible. More realistically, we might not find out who they are until the end of the four weeks their contestants are immune for.

16. genevieve

Maybe they want to see if their players do well before committing to the show :lol:

17. Carolla5501

One of them, at least, will probably get a spot next year. Jillian has said that this is her final season.

18. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

One of the early season had 3 trainers so maybe they will do that again.

According to wiki, Arthur has a BMI of 77.1.

19. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

Poor little thread buried on page 5 of OTBT... :fragile:

So I guess we're supposed to be rooting for Bob & Jillian's "underdogs"? Since they are barely showing us any of the sekret teams in the challenges and weigh-ins?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. genevieve

I'm not a fan of sekreting away half of the players, and only getting to see them in grainy shots as if some spy was hiding in the weeds. I mostly listen to the show for the first 90 minutes and do other things - so have they shown us the new trainers' faces yet?

Glad that Arthur's overconfidence didn't backfire. His dad looked like he wanted to crawl under a rock. Love that the chick who was in the bottom team last week had the highest % weight loss of the whole show this week.

The highlight of the episode was Bob breaking in during Arthur's weigh in to say "stop the damned beeping and show me the weight already!!!!!!!" :lol:

21. Freespirit

Freespirit New Member

I don't like this new format where we basically only see half of them training. My favorite part is the weigh-in at the end of the show and we're getting gyped in that respect too.

22. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

No, next week is the big whatever reveal of the new trainerzzzzzz. I hate that spycam look too.

Glad everyone got another week.

23. Carolla5501

It got so boring this week I turned out until the weigh in. (Still sticking to my view that Ms. opera singer is going to turn out to be a Diva PIA)

24. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

For me, too! :lol:

I'm enjoying the season so far, but I don't like the already highly competitive attitudes. I thought the team with the sekret trainers was pretty obnoxious at times. Of course, we haven't seen much of them yet.

I also liked the way Bob called Jillian out on her language in the beginning of the weigh in.

25. lise

lise Well-Known Member

watched this last night; I agree with a lot of you that only seeing half the players is ridiculous.

I was not impressed with Don/Dan and throwing the weight in but it does not surprise me Dan's excuse that he can't be a father to his young daughter while he is on campus is a poor excuse. I knownhis missed his daughter, which is normal, but he needed to get his health back.

As much as I liked Courtney before (aqua team member that lost over 100 pounds on her own) I think shes coming across as too full of herself. I think she wants to be America's inspiration, but it's just not working for me.

Apart from that, I was just not impressed with the unknowns to throw the challenge like that.

What did you all think?

26. genevieve

I didn't watch last night. I was watching a movie that I have to return to the video store today, and I planned it so I could tune in to the weigh in (the only part worth watching anymore), and then found I didn't care. This season isn't doing it for me.

So Dan/Don threw the weigh in and Dan went home?

27. lise

lise Well-Known Member

Yes, when it seemed that the the other blue team was going home for low weight loss, Dan adn Don each seemd to gain 9 pounds. Earlier in the episode, Dan complained that he was homesick and that he missed his daughter and he couldn't be a father to her while he was away. He is also carrying the guilt that his son died (drug overdose 6 years ago). He felt he could do better at home than on the ranch so they threw the weigh in.

Jillian and Bob did not buy it; they knew that they must have thrown it.Bob was insulted; saying that millions applied to be on the show and here this guy was, selected for the show and he's throwing everything away. They wished him well and hope that he loses weight at home. So far from the little clip he's done well enough.

28. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

so whatever happened to the wrestler guy?

29. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

He's still there, on the unknown team.

I've never watched this before and watched last night (I got into it before I realized it was two damn hours long.) I watched in horror, empathy and support for all the contestants. I can't compare it to earlier seasons but it's a weirdly fascinating show.

30. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

I watched a little last night for the first time in a long long time, just to see the wrestler guy.. because I remeber him winning gold at the olympics, beating the unbeatable russian guy.