Big Brother US--Season 16! Premieres June 25, 2014

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

As of late last night the noms seem to be:

Donny: Victoria and Caleb

Nicole: Jocasta and Zach

Hayden wants to backdoor Frankie so we'll see if he can get whoever ends up being HOH to do that.

2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Just read a very interesting conversation between Nicole and Derrick - oh he is good, he is *very* good.

I think Frankie's and Zach's games are about to fall off the rails - not saying their done, but they've been coasting along with their own strategies and now we'll see how flexible they are. Christine as well - will be interesting to see what happens when she doesn't feel so secure.

At this point it sounds like Nicole's backdoor target would be Frankie, mostly because he put her in bad spot making her lie in the post veto blowup, although I do recall her saying several times "I'll lie, just tell me what to say." Also hints that Donny's backdoor target might actually be Christine, which would be a yay for me as I don't like her as a player or a person.

And double eviction next week! Always a good :watch:

3. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

It almost seems like trying to backdoor someone is the only way to really target someone with the new twist. Anyone who is a strong player just has too much of a chance to get off the block with both the battle of the block and veto competition.

4. Catherine M

I agree, Jenny, things are about to get very interesting for Frankie, Zach and Christine. Christine especially has seem very secure in her "Detonators" position and I don't think she has a clue what's really going on with Derrick and her boyfriend, Cody. I personally hope she goes out in some epic blindside. If anyone deserves it, its her just for embarrassing her husband the way she has over the past month.

Edited to add that Derrick is the best player I've seen in a long time. The fact that NO ONE has sniffed out that he is a cop is pretty amazing.

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Also, all the focus has been on Caleb's sad obsession with Amber and his ridiculous delusional boasting, but last night he was telling stories about killing things and almost getting into a bar fight with some people who were speaking Arabic - so the Caleb people had sussed out pre-show is most certainly there. I'm no Amber fan, but this guy is bad, bad, bad and I hope he is gone very, very soon.

6. Catherine M

Caleb needs professional help so badly but I don't think he believes anything is wrong with him. I don't think he'll hurt anyone while he's in the house but you never know.

7. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

The best thing about Amber's eviction is now she is FREE from the BeastModeStalker. There were times I feared for her.
    He has taken her bunny slippers and expensive brushes hostage and said he won't give them back to her unless she agrees to see him face to face.
    :scream::scream::scream:

8. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Derrick is one of the best BB players we've seen in a long time. I'm sure his police background is helping and I'm amazed no one has him figured out yet. He's a solid BB strategist and the rest of them have no idea how hard he's playing.

9. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

ITA Habs - obviously we need to see how far he gets, but IMO he's well on his way to toppling both Dan and Dr Will as best BB player ever. It's not only his strategy, but his social skills are extremely adept. And even the fans like him!

I think Frankie is nearly as good, but I think there's a greater possibility that his emotions and/or his love of putting on a show might do him in. Plus, he's managed to make at least some of them wary of him, and there's still a lot of game to play.

10. Catherine M

I think Derrick did two things right early on to hide the fact that he is a cop:

1. He told people that he has lots of cop friends but a "problem" from his youth keeps him from joining the force himself. That's to hide any slip ups he could potentially make but I don't think he has all that much

2. He's a former baseball player and spent lots of time at the playgrounds around his home town and even had a summer job there at one point so he knows everything about the parks department. So his fake job is very believable, even to Donny.

11. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

As always, I'm excited for the double eviction and plus I hope it ends this dual HoH twist.

12. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Regarding Calebs story:

Caleb called them "a table full of Haji's" - which is racist. He was at a bar in Texas at the time of the table flipping, and said "these are the people that were trying to kill him". :rolleyes:

The fact he was allowed to treat American Arabs like that and not be arrested is disgusting.

13. Catherine M

Big POV comp coming up for Zach today. If he doesn't win, there's a good chance he's going home but if he does, it looks like Frankie is going up in his place. So come on Zach, win this. And you too, Jocasta but I'm not going to hold my breath or anything. Not sure if the other four players--Nicole, Christine, Caleb, Victoria--will go all out to win so I think Zach has a decent shot at winning.

14. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Sadly he did not win; Christine did and has been adamant that she will not use it. Not sure on this, but it's sounding like Zach's toast.

Sad that it's so one sided. There's no discussion whatsoever about Jocasta - it's all about whether it's a good or bad thing to keep Zach. The way this crew votes is becoming an extra challenge, because no one seems willing to even say "well maybe I might change my vote" until they are sure the entire house is voting the same way, so it's chicken and egg, and nothing happens.

This is why we need the DE, so they are forced to do things on the fly without consulting the entire house first.

15. Catherine M

Sounds like veto was some timed puzzle that Zach struggled with so that's why Christine was able to beat him. Sigh. Will be sorry to see him leave but hopefully Jury really is starting on Thursday and he'll at least get to spend the summer in LA and get his full stipend.

Only got to catch the end of the show last night but did see the Battle of the block. Nice win by Caleb & Victoria as I never thought they'd work that well together. Taking an extra minute to work on their corners gave them the win. Who knew Caleb would be smart enough to figure that out!?!

16. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Zach has made so many missteps that although he's my favorite person this season, I can't be surprised or saddened by his impending doom. #1 getting out Brittany - they should have targeted Amber or Donny that week. Brittany could easily have been brought in by Team Derrick/Cody if they just made some effort. #2 Zach nominating Christine and Nicole and causing such a ruckus through the house after winning HoH. It was fun to watch, but also sort of painful like a car crash in slow motion. All he needed to do was nominate like Donny and Nicole, and say, you're not my target, or something. The whole Caleb and Amber thing had become such a nuisance that I think Frankie and Zach particularly took their eye off the prize and essentially cannibalized their own allies or potential allies. People put so much trust in Donny but he is not working with/for anyone but himself, its crazy that Zach would want to keep him. Its sad that Zach basically destroyed the trust from Derrick and Cody with all his foolish shenanigans. Its gonna be a much more boring season once Zach and Frankie are dumped, but oh well. Zach may think of himself like an Evil Dick or Dr. Will type, but he's missing the ability to execute and convince the others of much without also thinking he's crazy. The strategy is definitely lacking there.

17. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Hold onto your hats folks - after what looked like yet another inevitable house wide vote to send Zach home, the tide has turned overnight to keeping him, but it's not unanimous. And tonight is double eviction - as Julie would say, stay tuned!

18. haribobo

Awesome, Bomb Squad is basically back in action with renewed purpose. Nicole, Donny, and Hayden really got themselves in a lot of trouble this week- Nicole tried to make moves without asking most of the house what they really wanted, and it really backfired, HA! A lot of people were doing shady shizz this week, but its always fun when they put the stories together and flip it. Double elim should be pretty sweet tonight, so pumped! :)

19. Catherine M

Trying not to get my hopes up that Zach has the votes to stay but that would be great if he does as he adds so much to the feeds versus Jocasta that really doesn't. Well unless you like hearing her talk about her bathroom problems over and over and over.

So looking forward to tonight's episode. Have to cut my grass but will be done in plenty of time to watch when it comes on at 8pm

Just want to warn folks though in certain areas, your local CBS station might be showing NFL preseason football and not CBS programming. I know the Washington DC area is going to get Redskins/Pats game instead as I've seen it being discussed on another board.

20. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

21. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I too am looking forward to tonights episode. Hopefully it will be entertaining and lead to some fun for the week.

Zach - things could be boring without him. Not sure if I read it here or on another board - he really thinks he is a Dr Will type.
    Jocasta - she can do well in the DR - but I think that is all they show other than when she is nominated.

22. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I wish I could say yay because power has shifted in the house, but the only good thing that came out of tonight's DE is that there's probably going to be some good feeds/After Dark tonight because everyone's all riled up.

The one week the non-majority wins HOH and... Jocasta goes home. :rolleyes: I'm definitely not excited that the 2 HOH twist is continuing on. That pretty much means Victoria (or possibly Nicole) is going to go home this week. Yay for massive gender imbalances... meh.

I am excited that there's going to be a returning player (Julie kept saying "may" but they extended the season another week so it's going to happen) because if they come in at the right time, two sides of the big alliance could be fighting to get them on their side for the numbers.

Been a very boring season thusfar with one side getting their way the entire time. Hoping Nicole or Donny or even Victoria wins HOH tonight.

23. Catherine M

Who knew Caleb would be so good with Q&A comps. Guy is a creep but he has been paying attention to the comps.

Its going to be hard for Donny/Nicole to get anything going with this double HOH still in play so things won't get good to this big alliance has to finally turn on each other.

24. haribobo

Victoria winning HoH would change nothing- all her crying is to Derrick so he would be the de facto HoH. I'm fine with that though, I hate Nicole. Nobody is going to get rid of Victoria unless both Donny and Nicole manage to get immunity/win HoH. Victoria already told Derrick she would throw the BoB if he puts her up with Nicole if he wins HoH.

25. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Nicole and Christine won HOH. BUT, apparently Nicole no longer trusts Christine, and she is pissed about Hayden as you could see on the show last night. Two female HOHs and it sounds like the third remaining female will be nominated, plus Christine still wants to target Zach.

Also sounds like lots of secrets spilled last night - people like Zach and Nicole seem to be all "well it's all screwed up now so I guess I have nothing to lose" and Cody continues to go rogue telling people stuff (and he also voted to evict Nicole last night, not Hayden everyone else but Donny did), so one wonders how long Derrick will stand for that. Derrick is of course working overtime - while others sleep, he's working everyone, especially Nicole.

Many of them have now turned on Christine, including Nicole, so I'd say there's a possibility that Christine could be a renom if Nicole stays HOH.

Wish they had dumped the double HOH/BOB thing. I think they must think this is a huge innovation and smash success, but it's certainly not as fun for beyond-tv fans because until that BOB is over it's almost pointless trying to run the scenarios.

26. Catherine M

I'm glad there is the potential for Christine to feel some heat if she doesn't stay HOH so hopefully her nominees will will BoB and she'll go back into game as someone who can be voted out as I've had enough of her.

And I've had enough of the two HOH. Why Grodner thinks this what the audience wants to see is beyond me. Sometimes I wonder how the hell she got her job in TV-land.

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Catherine I agree - it's complicated for the superfans, let alone making it work on tv. Every week my husband (tv only) tries to sort it out again, and I just say "I'll tell you what's going on after the veto - for now, just watch."

I think they sit around trying to come up with more stupid twists, when what they should really concentrate on is improving what they already have, as Survivor has now done after all the RI crap. BB needs to focus on better casting (ahem Jocasta), and stimuli in the house that increase the entertainment level and get things going in the game - ie tasks, toys, booze, etc.

28. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

I'm surprised they kept the dual HoHs going as they had the perfect chance to drop it after the DE. I kind of see where AG was going with it, but I think it would have been more effective in a season where you actually had a split house. Especially now with fewer HGs it kind of just needs to go away.

If they wanted to drop Team America, too, I would be ok with that. Those tasks are getting more and more ridiculous.

29. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I looks like Nicole will put up Frankie and Caleb. Caleb volunteered to go up and throw the BoB comp to keep Nicole as HoH and with the purpose of sending Frankie home. Christine will put up Zach and Donny.

The TA mission is to get someone to volunteer to go on the block, throw the comp, and get that person sent home.

30. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

I miss the good old days where we voted to vandalize someone's stuff with mustard.