Big Brother US--Season 16! Premieres June 25, 2014

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jun 17, 2014.

1. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Victoria to get home and see that her 50-11 nominations are the only reason she's gotten any airtime.

2. watchthis!!

watchthis!! Active Member

Yes, the men formed an alliance and that's just fine, but when Joey tried to start a female alliance, she becomes the worst Big Brother player ever? The women are just letting the men pick them off one by one. They deserve to go for enabling the men to off them so easily.

3. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I think a girls alliance was doomed the minute Christine was pulled into the cool guys alliance early in the game. She LOVES the attention and its actually pretty cringe worthy to watch her interact with Cody. Plus too many girl recruits--Joey, Amber, Brittney-- and viola you have four girls left after Thursday.

Watched some of the feeds last night and Team America is going to try to get the cash today by having Zach do a speech at the POV ceremony when Amber is put up in Victoria's place. Not sure if it will result in a 20 second fight but we'll see.

4. Catherine M

Well its a official, Amber is now on the block.

They--meaning Derrick/Cody/Frankie told her that she's a pawn but I think its dawning on her that's not exactly true. I feel bad for her in a way but she has been really clueless the whole game and it goes to show you when you throw in a recruit against guys like Derrick that have watched the show for years. And its probably for the best that she goes out now before jury and doesn't have to spend anymore time with creepy Caleb.

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

The girls have dug their own grave this year. Even Nicole and Christine, who are fans of the game, and Victoria who apparently watches BB Israel, are blowing it. They guys are rolling over them and they have no one to blame but themselves.

6. Catherine M

Like I said before, Christine is just sooooo thrilled to be with the "cool" guys that she has been more than happy to see the girls walk out the door. More time for her to be the lead in Cody's harem and that's actually pretty pitiful. As for Nicole, for a "fan" I don't think she has a clue on what's going on and will go to jury when Derrick decides its time for her to go, unless Hayden ends up flipping control away from Derrick/Frankie and would want to still have Nicole as his pretend girlfriend.

7. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Every season I find the fan reaction to players and what they do just as intriguing - maybe more - than what's actually happening in the house. It's amazing how people can see the same footage and have completely different views on what's happening.

8. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

It's funny how Joey's prediction is becoming true, (albeit she went about it in totally the wrong way). I'm liking that they cast less wannabe mactors for this season and a few more weirdos, but it's been pretty predictable with plans pretty much being solidified early in the week.

Also, am I the only person who was like "Arianna who?" :shuffle:

9. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

No -I do not know who Frankie's sister is.
    This season has been very predictable. Caleb is nuts and there could be some entertainment there - but he is so cra car, not worth it.
    This group does seems to get along better than most seasons. The one thing I do find refreshing - how much Donny is liked. I think in other seasons the younger 'cool' kids would have ignored him or made fun of him. At least they all seem to like him, some respect in a way. I do love how they think he is way more than he is professionally.
    And so true - Joey is looking quite smart right now. ha ha

10. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

No :)

11. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

The name was vaguely familiar - but I had to Google her.

12. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

The only reason I had heard of her was because I heard one of her songs on the radio a few days before the BB premiere. I promptly changed the radio station. :shuffle:

13. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Never heard of her until Frankie started promoting her.

14. CantALoop

It'd be great if the producers or Big Brother had some "big reveal" that Frankie's sister is some pop tartlet, and the HGs had the same "Who?" reaction we did :EVILLE:

It would be comedy gold if Frankie queened out and melted down/threw a big fit if he found out Arianna or his "secret" aren't as much of a big deal as he originally thought :lol:

15. watchthis!!

FYI to any of you who might be cast on Big Brother next year:

Justin Bieber is a pop singer/dancer/entertainer

Jennifer Lawrence is an Academy Award winning actress

and Miley Cyrus is a TV actress/singer/movie actress.

Just in case any of their siblings are your cast mates.

:p

16. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

That would be fun, but at least some of the youngest ones know who she is - her name has come up inside the house.

17. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Ariana Grande is a famous person with multiple songs out right now near the top of the charts. Is she Gaga or Beyonce or Madonna famous? No, but she is more famous than not famous. I'm sure everyone besides Donny is aware of her.

18. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I think Ariana Grande is one of those people who is definitely famous but not yet known by name by everyone. My husband swore up and down he had no idea who she was and then I played a clip of her song and he was like "oh yeah, I hear her all the time!" She hasn't done anything big enough to make her name known, her songs are doing their job but she hasn't broken through like some huge stars in music where people may know their name but can't even name a song of theirs.

19. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

20. CantALoop

I've heard Ariana's songs before after I googled her, but she sounds like every other R&B pop diva out there, so maybe that's why her name/songs never really stuck in my head.

Otherwise, the only Grande I'm concerned about comes with shots of espresso :p

Yeah, he's nutso and any girl who dates him should consider filling out a restraining order in advance, but without him and Zach to stir things up, this would be a painfully boring season :yawn:

I'm thinking Zach is more legit crazy than crazy like a fox, but if his antics really are a calculated strategy, much kudos to him. Either way, I think he's amusing to watch.

21. watchthis!!

Christine knows that her alliance wants to get rid of Andrea, right? And that Caleb isn't part of their group really (but he thinks he is). If this is the case, is it too early for her to ask Nicole and Hayden to work with the floaters (Donna, Jacosta and Victoria) so they have a six person voting block, then let Andrea and Caleb know what's going on, making them a group of eight? That would leave Frankie, Zach, Cody and Derrick the next four to be evicted.

22. Catherine M

Well this Team America twist is really in play now with Donny refusing to do the task--having to do a hinky vote with Derrick and Frankie and then pin it on someone else. So now Derrick & Frankie want Donny out next and if the next HOH goes their way, they probably have the votes to do so. Donny did get the news of the task when he was sleeping so maybe this morning he will feel differently.

23. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I like this Team America task because there's a little bit of risk to it. So far, they've basically done nothing and earned their $10K each. I hope Donny relents and does the task, if only because it will make the live show and subsequent fall out a bit more interesting.

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Much ado about nothing IMO. Think about how this is going to play out - to date the house has voted together, and there's no hint that it will be any different this week. If there was one hinky vote tonight, everyone would assume Caleb gave a sympathy vote to Amber, no matter what he says. But in this case, there will be (at least) TWO hinky votes. I'm sure there will be chaos - everyone will be accusing everyone and all Donny has to do is say to Caleb "I think you gave Amber a sympathy vote" in his usual quiet and thoughtful way, and he's completed the task. I don't think anyone will remember much of who said what in the few minutes they have before the competition starts, and after that it's a whole new playing field and they'll move on. The only one who will keep fretting about what happened is Caleb, and Frankie and Derrick will go along with it to disguise the fact that they know what actually happened.

If Donny refuses I think Frankie and Derrick will go after him for costing them the TA money; but at the same time, Donny's days are numbered anyway so I don't think this is going to affect his gave overall.

Also, in addition to Caleb there's another easy pin, and that's Zach. Everyone knows he likes to stir things up, and it would not surprise me at all if he accepted "credit" for one of the votes just for the fun of it.

25. Catherine M

Forgot that Frankie doesn't vote so I do hope after sleeping on it, Donny does change his mind and do the task as it will be easy to pin the two votes on Caleb and I guess Zach. But could you imagine if Christine does a hinky vote? Could be crazy!

26. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Yes I'm kinda hoping that Caleb will do one last effort to win Amber, and that someone else will try something too. Right now this will throw everyone into a tizzy except TA, but if there are more than 2, it's going to freak them out too. Plus easy enough to blame two votes, but 3 or 4? That would have everyone scrambling to cover their butts and dodge accusations.

27. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

It's not going to happen, but could you imagine if Donny & Derrick follow through with the TA task, Caleb throws Amber a pity vote, and Christine & Nicole throw out "hinky" votes like they have conspired to before (just to cause a lot of paranoia) and Amber ends up staying? Hello shit, meet the fan! :D It'd be just the shakeup this game needs... desperately rooting for a Nicole/Hayden/Donny/Jacosta/Victoria HOH win tonight. I want to see the big boys squirm and throw each other under the bus.

28. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Could not have said it better myself. I would love if this happened!!

29. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Nicole and Donny won HOH!

30. CantALoop

:cheer: I'd be happy with either winning BotB! It'll be interesting to see who they choose and if they want to backdoor anyone...I'm guessing if anybody is a target for that, it'd be Caleb since he is good at competitions and keeping him out of BotB and Veto would be for similar reasons as when they kept Devin from pre-veto noms.