Big Brother US--Season 16! Premieres June 25, 2014

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I thought Brittany got a bit of redemption after completing the soccer task? Or has nothing changed?

Veto meeting is on right now - from Joker's transcripts, sounds like Donny had a very good talk with Cody and got himself out of hot water, and then Derrick basically told him "it's your HOH" and that Caleb would be voted out if he's nominated. Frankie was buzzing around trying to get in some last words perhaps, and who knows what happened after the fish started, but could be interesting!

If Caleb goes up and the girls don't get a brain and vote him out, then they deserve to get picked off one by one while the boys sail to the end.

2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Well so much for that. Cody wimped out and nominate Donny, and now he's (Cody) is crying and kicking himself in HOH.

Not the way to get jury votes you idiot, although this is good news for the juggernaut that is the boys this season as I don't think there's any way that the girls will band together to vote out Donny.

3. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

In a way I can't believe that Cody didn't nominate Caleb but in another I can as he's been attached to Derrick and Frankie for so long, that at this point, he really doesn't have an individual game going.

I don't see how Brittney can get the votes to stay but you never know, things might change by Thursday.

4. Catherine M

one more thing: Cody's edit is going to take a nose-dive for shaking hands with Donny pre-POV meeting and then going back on his handshake and nominating him anyway.

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I'm beginning to think Zach has a chance of winning this thing. From Joker's, he and Frankie had a conversation about who would win America's Favorite - Frankie was insistent that it would be Nicole, no question. Zach said "don't you think Donny?" and Frankie was no way.

You'd think Frankie would have some idea given that Donny got the TA nod, no? He might think he's popular too, but I think he probably realizes that his online following plus his sister's probably got it for him. So why not Nicole? You'd think they'd be wondering about that, but maybe we just aren't seeing it.

Also, Frankie and Cody apparently asked Zach if he was a saboteur, and he responded "I'm not supposed to say anything until week 5." He also went along with the Amanda's cousin ruse - which in itself seems to have killed the rumor either because he admitted it so it's no fun to speculate konspiracy any more, or they're assuming he's goofing around and the rumor was never true.

It's a sloppy style of play, but with a touch of Dr Will's "I'm probably lying to you" strategy, and I think he might actually have a better read on the others than most of them. Derrick knows the game and the strategies, and he's smart no doubt, but perhaps Zach has the kind of social skills that will get him further than Derrick - what does everyone think?

6. Catherine M

I'd love to see Zach go far in the game but he needs a spazz wrangler to keep him in check and I'm not sure if he has one at this point.

Besides Amber, I don't know of anyone that is really gunning for him at this point so he should be ok for awhile but as we all know, things can change very, very quickly in the game of big brother.

Frankie's probably just jealous that Donny would be more popular than him so I'm not surprised he isn't touting Donny as "America's favorite". And he has a terrible read on America if he thinks Nicole is the most popular. Her voice alone has turned off most of the feed watchers I see posting on the net about her. That and her whiny attitude about the stupidest things.

7. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

A little tidbit I saw yesterday afternoon on the feeds: Nicole said she totally believes Zach is Amanda's cousin.

8. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Interesting - but still, given that Zach "admitted" it, then the story is pretty much dead as he's given the impression that he's not hiding anything. I think enough of them are there for reasons beyond sending in an audition tape, so it's not really a big deal anyway, especially since Amanda wasn't very popular and isn't likely to influence any of America's voting.

Further on Frankie, some on another board have suggested that his talk of saboteurs and another idea he's floating - that the cast consists of 8 superfans and 8 "students" and that's the twist - has been designed to deflect any speculation on an America's Player as being too close to the truth. To give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe that's why he's also trying to downplay Donny's popularity and instead make people think Nicole would be the likeliest for any role that America can vote for. After all, he came in knowing he had a big secret and the potential to be recognized, and might have already had a few strategies ready to deflect attention from himself and onto others.

9. Catherine M

I just hope that if by chance Zach does make it to the final 2, the jury doesn't hold it against him that he comes from a wealthy background. But they probably will so he probably needs to be sitting next to Victoria, another rich kid to have any hope at winning.

10. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Do they know what his background is? And I thought I heard Hayden came from money too.

Brittany certainly talks about "who needs the money" quite a bit, but if she's gone early enough, then will it be a factor?

11. Catherine M

I'm pretty sure everyone knows about Zach's background as when he was talking to Victoria in the storage room on Saturday after the POV competition, they both mentioned that they were fighting a battle about their families having money. But Brittany leaving before jury does help them out as there won't be the leader of who "deserves" the big money in the house anymore. Whether the jury will remember what Brittany has been prattling on come September, who knows.

12. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

:lol: I think Victoria is battling more than that!

13. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

No one really buys Brittany's "who DESERVES" being in the house. They all know she was a video dancer, used to go to the Playboy mansion all the time, and still drives an expensive car.
    Christine grew up extremely poor and she and her husband make less than 20,000.00 a year combined.
    All of this should have no bearing on the game.
    I flashed back to early this morning and now I understand why Frankie said Nicole could be America's favorite. She took one for the team during the veto comp as we will see on Wednesday.
    Caleb gave away the veto to Victoria for 5,000.00 and most people are pissed at him for that. It put Cody in a very bad spot having to put up a replacement nominee.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  14. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

:encore: Congratulations Cody, you pretty much extended Derrick's HOH another week! :encore:

You're still :grope: though...

15. Catherine M

I was at work so I didn't see the whole telling Donny he wouldn't nominate him, then frankie and Derrick getting one last earful in and viola, Donny on the block.

Frankie's grandfather has died and like Ryan from season 9, he was given a letter by production. Unlike Ryan, Frankie has decided to tell the whole house so now folks are going around saying they are going to throw HOH to Frankie tomorrow. So we could be looking at another week of Derrick being in charge as a Frankie HOH is a Derrick HOH too.

16. watchthis!!

watchthis!! Active Member

:confused:

Why didn't Cody nominate Jacosta, Hayden or Nicole?

17. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

Jocasta wasn't eligible since she won BotB. I don't know why the other 2 weren't considered.

18. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Hayden and Nicole are good little soldiers who are doing the right thing by Cody so far. I think Cody is worried about alienating the both of them by putting one of them up. Donny was too much of a wildcard for Cody's group, and Caleb was the only other option. Both are sort of loners in the game (Caleb doesn't think he's a loner but he is) so they were the safest options.

19. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Yes. Also, Cody told Brittany he didn't put up Nicole because she did the right thing in the VETO competition. Hayden's name wasn't mentioned mentioned.
    Both are numbers for The Detonators.

20. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

So is this season getting boring? Getting predictable.

I do not think I can watch any more of the Wil show - on the real show - whenever Julie says 'But First' it seems like a parody now. She does is so much and Will got her pegged.
    hee hee

21. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Frankie and Zach discussed- F wants to put up Hayden and Donny as hopeful winners of BoB, while Z to put up Victoria and Jocasta. Plan is to backdoor Caleb. If Caleb wins veto and doesn't use it, Jocasta goes home. Unless V and J win BoB, then Donny would be the target if they can't get Caleb on the block, I guess. I'm trying to figure out what twisted circumstance would put Amber on the block as a replacement, maybe Caleb winning it and using it on Hayden, which I really have a hard time imagining.

ETA- They are working on backdooring Amber. Hoping to get Caleb to volunteer to get on the block and throw it, saying the target is Victoria. Not sure if he'll go for that though...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  22. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I must say I really enjoyed seeing Brittany's kids - what a nice moment that was! Years and years ago there was always someone waiting to greet an ousted HG before jury, but I can't remember the last time they did it, so it was a happy surprise. Julie posted a cute selfie.

smurfy I don't watch the feeds but sounds like Zach put on quite a show last night, so you might want to tune in Sunday :) Otherwise I'm looking forward to when they go back to one HOH because with 2 + 4 noms I find there's little point even thinking about it until after the veto comp this season.

23. Catherine M

Yeah Zach was off the charts last night on the feeds. The boy has ZERO filter and will say anything. The fact that he plans on nominating Christine, someone in his alliance cause all she does is laugh and stroke Cody, is hysterical.

I still think that Caleb is his true target but he won't nominate him cause he doesn't want him to have the chance to play BTB or POV. Or who knows. For all we know, Frankie might be Zach's true target!

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Catherine, I'd love a segment on Zach where they talk to his family and friends so we can get a better idea of how much is game and how much is the real him. As hamsterwatch put it, is he crazy, or is he crazy like a fox?

25. Catherine M

I'd love a home visit too with Zach's family/friends. His mother is suppose to be quite active on twitter but I don't want to clog up my twitter feed with Big Brother tweets so I haven't read them.

He def has the potential to make things interesting this week and maybe it won't be just another pseudo-Derrick HOH.

If he does indeed nominate Nichole & Christine and does his speech like he was practicing last night, I for one will be watching on Sunday to see it all go down.

26. Catherine M

Noms are out.

Frankie: Victoria and Jocosta
    Zach: Nicole and Christine

Sounds like Nicole/Christine didn't take the nomination very well. Heeheheheehe Bout time they felt some heat!

I'll be hoping for a big win by Jocasta & Victoria. Come on ladies, you can do it as I'd love to see Zach continue his HOH reign.

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

It's worth noting that the TA assignment is to get two HGs to fight during either the noms or POV ceremony, and they chose Zach and Christine. Some think they were egging on Zach so that he'd do it during today's noms, and then if it didn't work they'd have a second shot during the pov ceremony. Sounds like he delivered the drama, but not the actual fight. Guess we'll see on Sunday's show!

28. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

The only two males who have been put on the block as original pre-veto nominees have been Donny and Caleb, who volunteered. Maybe the women should have listened to Joey a little bit... :shuffle:

ETA: Whoops, Hayden was, too. I guess he's been such a non-factor so far that I forgot.

29. Catherine M

yeah, it looks like another girl is going to go home this week too. Jocasta and Victoria are on the block, Frankie doesn't have the guts to backdoor a guy so if one of Victoria/Jocosta come off the block, Amber is going up. Well that's how it stands as of this morning. Things could change.

Another death for a houseguest as Derrick got a letter that his grandfather died.

30. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Why did Caleb shave his arms for a date he wore long sleeves on?

Or, just, why did Caleb shave his arms?