Big Brother US--Season 16! Premieres June 25, 2014

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Well its almost that time again for another season of "Big Brother". Premiere date is next Wednesday, June 25 from 8-9pm, EST. Thursday's live eviction show will begin June 26 from 9-10pm, EST (first eviction is July 3rd) and Sunday's show will begin airing June 29th from 8-9pm.

As usual, the thread will be full of live feed stuff so if you don't want to know stuff ahead of the CBS show, than this isn't the place for you.

I enjoyed watching the feeds last summer but am not sure if I'm going to buy them or not this season. I guess I need to see what the cast is like first before committing.

2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Normally I'm all over this, but I'm not sure I can commit the time to really follow this again this summer. I watch a bit of Big Brother Canada in the spring - what I saw was much better than the US version in terms of production quality and challenges - but I couldn't keep up with 3 shows a week plus their after show (which from what I saw was excellent).

Will likely tune in to ep 1 to see what their spin is this year and if they've made any improvements (especially since BBCAN had a ton of US viewers/followers, so they've seen what it can be), and see what Hamsterwatch has to say.

I'll probably get sucked in as per usual though. :shuffle:

3. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

4. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Catherine - Thanks for the starting the thread!!
    Can't wait. One of the best Guilty Pleasures

Jenny - please watch. I enjoy your comments here and for Survivor!!!

5. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I never watch the live feeds, but LOVE reading the live feed reports. Can't wait to see what this summer holds.

Unless Rachel Reily is there, then I'm out.

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

As always, very excited. I will probably do what I have done the last few years and just follow online and only watch the live evictions/HOH episodes. This show is completely ruined if you stay spoiler free so why bother watching those episodes when I know everything that happened? Hope they have a good cast and that producer manipulation is at a minimum. Oh, and as always, keep the past players at home, please.

7. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I just checked a few of my regular sites (I know I know this is how fast this can suck me in) and there's nothing much out there other than that the house decor is log cabin (um, Canada??), and
    it may or may not be a blood vs water sort of theme, with some returning players and their relatives. Ugh.

8. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Julie Chen will talk about the twists tomorrow on The Talk.
    I have a friend who will share his feed with me. OMG.

9. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

10. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Big Brother without Jenny?! Noooooooo! :wuzrobbed

I plan on watching this year, and I'm going to do a better job of keeping up with this thread. Can't wait to spend the summer in here with all of you!

11. BigB08822

Apparently the twist is that there will be 2 HOHs and 4 nominees. I am assuming that means each HOH makes their own nominations. Then there is some kind of new competition which could put one of the HOHs in danger? Sounds complicated but I am sure it will become obvious the first week how it works.

12. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I'll likely do my usual - watch everything initially to see who everyone is and what's going on. Then read what everyone posts on here so I know what's REALLY going on.

13. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

That's my tactic too. ;)

14. Catherine M

Cast is out. Can't bring the link over though. First glance has positive response from me but I guess I need to watch the videos to be 100 percent sure

15. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

16. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

No retreads! I don't mind when they bring back previous players to host comps or something, or even have a role in the game, but I'm very happy to see 16 new players.

17. AliasJohnDoe

18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

And the "it's fixed" chatter begins - one of the contestants is some sort of performer who already has a bit of a following, but his sister is Ariana Grande (who I only recently learned is apparently a Big Deal among the younger set).

Remember when everyone was freaking that Elissa was winning all the online votes and polls because her sister Rachel had 191,000 followers on Twitter and was getting everyone to vote for her? Ariana has nearly 16 million followers, and her first tweet about him already has about 23,000 retweets and favourites.

19. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's her half brother and is a 'youtuber'.

20. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

YAY for 16 new houseguests and therefore no returnees (god I hope)!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  21. BigB08822

They shouldn't put someone in the house who already has an online presence, especially if the online votes are going to be used for anything and it seems they will if the hints are anything to go by. Good for him, though, guaranteed to make it to jury.

22. AliasJohnDoe

First Impressions:

After seeing photos - thought I'd like Brittany and dislike Donny. After seeing videos - Brittany is a bore. Donny is fun.

Usually I like the ladies over men. This season I like Men over ladies.

After seeing videos:

Ladies: First impressions and preference.
    1.Christine - Could be the female Ian. But could turn out to be annoying.
    2.Amber - Likeable. Plus Biggest showmance possibility.
    3.Paola - Possible showmance and fun. Possible contender for arguments.
    4.Joey - Fun talker. Can keep a conversation going.
    5.Brittany - I think she'll be in the first three to go for some reason.
    6.Nicole - I know I'll get annoyed watching her push her glasses up on her nose at some point.
    7.Victoria - "Jealous of other women" girl. Will kill possible woman alliance. Showmance( In her mind only)?
    8.Jocasta - I might really like her if she keeps religion out of the game.

Men: First impressions and preference.
    1.Cody - Yum. Just yummmmmmmm. Showmance?
    2.Zach - Yum. I expect him to be entertaining but turn out to be the cocky asshole. Showmance?
    3.Frankie - Could be entertaining.
    4.Hayden - Likeable. Showmance?
    5.Donny - Possibly liked by the other cast. And will be around if not seen as a threat.
    6.Devin - He'll be at the weight benches a lot.
    7.Caleb - Meh. Not sure. Deserves a yum though. Showmance?
    8.Derrick - Wants to lie about being a cop. No reason for it. Will make him seem untrustworthy since everything always comes out.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  23. Catherine M

Wonder if ole Caleb is even going to be on the show come Wednesday night?! Either CBS didn't do a very good job on their background check or wanted another summer of controversy?!?!

24. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Agreed. A rudimentary google search would be enough to disqualify him. We don't need a season like last year's. :(

25. Catherine M

Just a bump for tonight's premiere episode.

Very interested in seeing how Caleb's edit goes. Either they'll bury him or make him front and center, to start the season off with a little "controversy". I guess it just depends on what Mr. Julie is feeling about it all.

26. Skittl1321

Julie Chen already does not disappoint with bizarre outfits.

27. Skittl1321

Devon's (?) little girl is adorable. It amazes me parents do this show, but single parents even more so.

28. Skittl1321

Oh my god. Did everyone come in with a list of alliance names?

So far Donny is the only one I like. Maybe Devin. Possibly blue hair girl.

29. Catherine M

So far I like Devin, Paola, Donny, and Joey. Meh on Cody, Nicole and Amber. Don't like Frankie at all but we'll see if he tones it down when the other 8 come in the house.

30. Skittl1321

Are ridiculous oversized glasses in now? Ugh.

Also, why would anyone want first HOH when they were told the HOH might not be safe? She said that before they played. I think I would want to lay low and find out what game I'm playing.