Big Brother US (Season 15)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fridge_Break, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Andy has a final 2 deal with Spencer so no way is Spencer voting out his closest ally in the house.

Judd has always wanted to work with Andy, even though many, many people have told him not to trust him. So he's not voting him out.

GM wants to please her new bff, Elissa so she is going to vote out Aaryn cause that's what Elissa wants.

McCrae wants an all guys final 4 so that's why he is keeping Andy and for once Amanda has decided not to push him.

2. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Aaryn also has a history of winning competitions. This makes her a threat.

3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

There is no controlling majority of Elissa, GM, Spencer and Judd. Would that there were!

4. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Not when she has power that is only used to do what someone else tells her to do.

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

True to date, but you never know when someone is going to start doing their own thing, or start listening to someone else other than you.

Also, they might fear that she'll become a veto machine - no power, but you can't get her out either, and she can compete every week.

6. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

A win is a win and a threat is a threat. That's life in the BB house.

7. Catherine M

Have plans for tonight so I'm going to miss Aaryn's walk of shame out of the house. I'll have to catch the episode tomorrow.

Thinking good thoughts for a Judd or Gina Marie HOH win tonight. She has a bad back and he's a nervous wreck so I'm not too optimistic but you never know.

8. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I enjoyed tonight. I had read about the Exterminators, but actually seeing/hearing it actually go down - I am intrigued. I think right now I am only rooting for Judd or Elissa to win. The rest - whatever. I do find it interesting that it seems like Judd does not have a target on his back for his reentry.
    I am still amazed by Elissa and her zen like reaction to Amanda. I would not have the patience and would get in such a yelling fight with her. Amanda's down all will be traced back to Elissa's HOH. The others seem to finally see what Amanda is and hopefully will take action. One of McCranda better go in the first eviction next week.

Aaryn's exit - considering the constraints - I am impressed with how professional Julie was with Aaryn - and a message was made and I think actually received by Aaryn. But if I was a Texan, I would disown Aaryn. do you think the hamsters in the house heard any of the reaction as Aaryn left?

I hope either Judd or GM wins HOH.
    In many ways I don't like GM- but somewhere in there - I see something decent. I hope she does have the right support for when she gets out and can learn from the experience and move on. There are times she seems caring, and she is not as dumb as she comes across at times.
    I just do not like Andy - I finally realized why - he really comes across like an 8 year old boy.

9. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Julie did a fair job of nailing Aaryn's behavior, and Aaryn predictably denied saying anything because, something like, she's from Texas where they do that? I wonder if Aaryn can back watch the 70 some days from the jury house and will come out swinging on the last night with some kind of apology?

Were we all supposed to know that this upcoming week is double elimination?

10. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Amanda won HoH? For goodness sake. This season is just awful.

11. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

It sounds like GM won HOH.

LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  12. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

And Amanda won't leave her alone. Amanda wants Elissa out and is telling GM what to do.
    I hope GM is strong enough to do her own thing.

13. Catherine M

Just turned on the feeds and GM was in the storage room with Andy and Judd; she told them that Amanda and McCrae are going up.

I really can't see her putting up Elissa nor going against the 3 guys in her Exterminators alliance so I expect GM to put up McCranda tomorrow.

I guess we'll see if that holds true or not sometime tomorrow evening!

14. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Thank god I was wrong and Amanda didn't win. The quote I read on jokers made it sound like she won but that was because she was telling GM what to do. I hope GM is smart and puts up McRanda. They have to go up and one of them has to go home. Don't try backdooring, if they are both nominated you can still guarantee one goes out if the house is in agreement.

15. genevieve

PML, I was at a game and came home halfway through the show and STILL got to see Aaryn's eviction. WTF was that stupid couples thing? I never need to see Daniele Donato or Jeff and Jordan ever again.

I still think it would have been great if Aaryn had walked out to absolute silence, but WOW, Julie and TPTB did a great job with that interview. It only could have been better if Julie had, instead of trotting out the comments from 3-4 weeks ago, said "here are some remarks you made LAST NIGHT", since there certainly were some that would fit. Has the BB live show crown ever heckled like that? Wow.

Gina Marie! :respec: PUT UP McCRANDA!! :cheer2: And even though GM is certainly not going to use the serene approach that Elissa did, I think she'll have no problem at all dealing with Amanda's inevitable shit show.

16. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:swoon:

If Amanda decides to go on the attack...this could be EPIC! Gina Marie will SKEWER her!! :lol:

17. Catherine M

If Gina Marie does go after Amanda, I hope she does it while holding a soda in her hand as that was one of the funniest parts of that fight with her, Elissa and Amanda the other day was GM saying "I'm just trying to drink my mutherf*ckin soda".

I think GM is solid in her hate of McCranda so I really can't see her doing anything else.

And she did this last night:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/266c75985280216f9fa728c8726d5332/tumblr_msbt7biUm81qe2pyco2_250.gif

Its her telling feed watchers that Amanda is CRAZY!

18. Catherine M

19. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Mob mentality scares me.

20. Catherine M

I'm so glad I don't have plans tonight and will be home doing laundry as I can't wait for the feeds to come back on after the nomination ceremony as McCrae and Amanda are totally clueless right now that they will be the nominees. They think a combo of Judd/Elissa/Spencer are going up. And I really don't think anyone plans on spilling to them what's really going on in the house. Andy flipping on them has really left them blind as he really was their eyes and ears out there and now that he has flipped, they have no one else.

If GM really wants to mess with them, she needs to put Elissa's key last!

21. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Amen!

22. Catherine M

Cause they are having some sort of luxury comp this morning, Amanda had to get up out of bed before 3pm. First thing she did was go to the HOH room and cry to GM. Like that will work on GM!

I really, really hope that Andy stays mute and doesn't ruin the surprise of McCranda being nominated today. McCrae seems worried but Amanda is her delusional self!

Judd and Spencer will have to do the comp in their chicken suits!

23. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

If this competition gives either Amanda or McCrae immunity, I'm done with the show!

24. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Was there really a crowd in the studio last night when Aaryn was evicted? In every other week, we got to see the audience every time they came back from commercial break before the camera moves to Julie. Last night we didn't see one audience member. The sound of the audience almost sounded like it was dubbed in afterwards...after Aaryn had left the studio. And Aaryn didn't even move her head even slightly when the "audience" reacted negatively...as if there was nothing for her to hear during the interview?? Very strange.

I actually feel bad for Aaryn, although I hate so many of the things that she said. But she is a product of her environment, I don't think she's alone in her way of thinking in regards to the people around her back home. I think this experience will be a BIG wake-up call and if people cut her just a little bit of slack instead of seeing her as racism/homophobia personified, then I think she could make a lot of positive changes in her life which will affect others in her life as well. But if she's labelled too much as a demon, she might harden herself, dig her heels in and take the label and not change at all... :(

25. Catherine M

I think a big part of how the press/public will react to Aaryn's return to society after September 18th will be based on what Candice says when she too gets out of the jury house and is free to speak her mind. If she comes out forgiving both Aaryn and GM for how they treated her, I think that could go a long way in helping both Aaryn and GM.

I wouldn't be surprised if Julie has Candice come on to "The Talk" and chit chat with her about everything.

26. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I don't see Aaryn as being that stubborn or stupid. I've always thought she was more a mean girl than a racist/homophobe - someone who was used to being popular and relished in the mean girl game of belittling others and making them feel uncomfortable in whatever way would do the most damage - whether their race, sexuality or anything else. I bet she's made as many remarks about people being fat or ugly or unpopular or old or poor or too tall or too short or whatever as anything else.

I think Aaryn is not the girl who went into that house at all. She's come quite far in such a short time, and surely has a long, long way to go, but I think she'll get there. Here time in the jury house with Candice, Jessie and Helen will help, because she was no doubt quite upset by her interview with Julie and will want to talk about it - not to mention that fresh from hearing her words repeated back to her she's going to see the very people she aimed them at.

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

It would be more interesting to have several of them on the show to talk about it - what happened in the house, what happened in jury, what happened when they went back into the world, how it's affected them all. Candice, Aaryn and GM would be the most interesting to me, preferably together. Howard would just continue with his own angle, Helen would take over the discussion and talk about what great girls they all are as though she raised them herself, Andy wouldn't have anything new to say, Amanda will still be too much of a mess to have an open and honest discussion. I imagine when Spencer finds out how he has jeopardized a job that it sounds like he loves, he will lay low and work on getting his life in order instead.

My bet is that Candice, Aaryn and GM will have stories to tell on how this experience affected them for the better, IMO. At least I really hope so :)

28. genevieve

I thought Aaryn was visibly shaken by the response from the audience. Had it only been her and Julie I think she would have held onto her swagger, despite the tough questions. Plus, the HGs know it's a live audience on Thursdays, they expect it on eviction - it would definitely show on Aaryn's face if she'd walked into an empty studio.

I agree with the first paragraph - Aaryn's complete lack of investment in the things she says is what makes her so awful. I think she's so narcissistic that it just doesn't occur to her that anyone who isn't the direct target of her words in that moment could ever think she thinks that way about them.

I don't think she's come far at all, though. Had she still had any power in the house the last few weeks she would have been just as rotten as the first half of the game, and to the last night she was spewing bigotry. She still thinks it's 100% ok. Honestly, her response to Julie last night was entirely her pageant training on how to handle questions you weren't expecting and trying to spin them to your best advantage (and then Julie was NOT HAVING IT).

There's hope for Aaryn, but she hasn't come anywhere as far as, say, GM, who is truly a product of her very limited background and has shown willingness and interest in learning new things.

29. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

It looks like the competition was for luxury items. Spencer won $10,000.00.

30. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I saw the audience last night & was surprised to note how many men were sitting there. Aaryn was very shocked when people laughed at her attempts to explain anything she said was meant in humor. I would imagine there are many Texans who will be angered by her claim that they all share her views.