Big Brother US (Season 15)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fridge_Break, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

After the craziness of the feeds the past few days, tonight's edited show seemed kinda blah. And believe it or not, they edited down Amanda's campaign to get Howard nominated. She went on for much, much longer!

One thing though, Howard's edit is much better than what he does on the feeds where his social game is really suspect. Grodner is going to be pushing hard for him to last awhile which is ok for me.

Tonight's feeds might have some fireworks, with it being McCrae's birthday party and Judd being out of confinement.

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

^ this. Although Aaryn's hair is mostly extensions, so if she's got crazy colored hair when she's evicted, she will probably be going right to the salon to get new ones anyway.

OTOH, if she's leaving anyway, I can see her refusing to do the hair dye. Even though I can't stand Aaryn, and I wouldn't think twice about dyeing my hair in the game, if I knew I was leaving I woulnd't see the point in playing along with BB wackiness.

Amanda was super annoying on the show tonight - I can only imagine how amped up her bossing was 24/7. Surprised there was no comment about her key being last in the box.

I want Aaryn to leave before she has a chance to get a redemptive arc (although Grodner probably wouldn't dare at this point), but Kaitlyn is a more dangerous player.

3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Amanda is really hurting herself by being so bossy. It is one thing to offer your opinion on who should go up (and of course, it is fair game to try to get someone out whom is a danger to you) but it is another thing to keep at it and never back down. I loved how she was talking to Andy and told him how he wanted Howard out. Maybe he does but you could sense that he was like "oh, thanks for informing me about who it is that I want out." I would be worried to be working with her because she is telling people what to do and throwing her alliance members names out there to back her up. I get why but it doesn't look good to people who don't want their alliances known all over the house. I would be aiming to get her out very soon and I am afraid she could go this week if she is Elissa's replacement nominee. Amanda being nominated is probably the only way Aaryn can stay and it is a very real possibility.

4. BigB08822

Spencer and GM were having a conversation and it was mentioned that Elissa wants to frame Howard for her nomination and for Amanda as her replacement. Does this mean Elissa knows that Amanda will be her replacement? Perhaps they told her in DR? I doubt they would but it could also just be because they know everyone in the house would pretty much choose her. They mentioned having 5 votes if they could get Jessie but I didn't understand if it was 5 votes to save Amanda or 5 votes to get her out. Jessie has been an important vote on more than one occasion. She is in a good position because she is non threatening and everyone has needed her at times. She could go far if she keeps quiet. I suggest she break it off with Judd though as I think the showmances will all be targeted very soon.

5. Catherine M

I don't think Judd and Jessie are going to develop any type of real showmance. She told Elissa that he's not her type and has actually been kinda cool with him one on one on the feeds. I think they both see each other as a game partner, not a dating partner. But she is very possessive of him and is worried that the widows are trying to come between them. Which is true as GM is always talking to him, and Aaryn keeps flipping her hair and flirting. When this week is all said and done, Judd could have quite the little harem going.

Game wise, Judd's been doing some work over night to get Kaitlin out over Aaryn. I guess the real campaigning will start some time this afternoon when the 3rd nom is finally known for good. He did tell Jessie he's glad that he's just HOH of the room. He's correct since he's got "alliances" all over the place so for him to do a replacement nom today would have been tough.

I won't even begin to try to figure out the votes till the 3rd nom is known and with the DR gunning for Aaryn its going to be even harder to figure out.

6. Catherine M

Gina Marie is the replacement nomination.

No idea if she is really the 3rd/4th vote getter or just Allison Grodner making sure one of the coven go home this week. Hard to tell at this point.

Let the fun begin as three crazies throw each other under bus and try to get the other out.

7. Catherine M

I'm going to take Gina Marie out of vote calculations at this point but right now I see it as:

Candice/Howard/Spencer/Elissa: voting out Aaryn
    Amanda/McCrae: voting out Kaitlin

Too early to tell: Andy, Helen and Jessie

I put Jessie in the "too early to tell" list right now as if Aaryn continues her all out flirting with Judd, I can see Jessie voting her out of spite, even if its not what Judd wants to do.

8. BigB08822

Oh this is going to be SENSATIONAL! I am glad Amanda didn't get nominated and I figured Grodner would make sure GM went up knowing that Amanda, should she go up, would most likely go home. This guarantees one of the despicable 3 go home and I imagine Aaryn will still be the target. I know Judd was talking about going after Kaitlin but that was if Amanda got on the block. I have no idea if she is an option next to GM.

9. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

A lot of internet fans don't like Amanda at the moment, but a lot do as well. I don't think they've fiddled with the votes - otherwise Elissa wouldn't be up there.

My bet is Aaryn got the most votes, then Elissa due to all the reasons already discussed, then GM. Remember that Aaryn and GM have had the most negative publicity out there, so it makes sense that GM is up there now.

10. Catherine M

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I do think GM was 3rd place vote getter.

I'm going to take a break from the feeds for a few days; as some of you may know I work at a large pediatric hospital and today one of our long time patients, a young boy that fought a brave fight with cancer died and its going to take me a few days to grieve and get back to "normal". I'll be back for the live show on Thursday night. Hopefully there will be five votes to send Aaryn home but one of the other two leaving works too.

11. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

(((Catherine M))) If I can, I will report what I see on After Dark...but I watch it the next morning. My early bedtime is a must.

12. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Sorry to hear that Catherine :(

14. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Well looks like CBS's potential solution to their Aaryn problem is an epic fail, assuming they were trying to get America to essentially boot her. First she was already nominated so they don't get the big moment of revealing that America wants her out the most, and now it looks like the house has decided that Kaitlin is a bigger threat and she's going home. And racist poster child #2 will also stay in the house.

And what's more, we're seeing a kinder gentler Aaryn this week, and wouldn't you know it, people are forming alliances with her that could mean she stays in the house for some time to come.

I wonder if they will reveal what really happened with MVP on Thursday? Some of the HGs suspect it was America's vote, but it's not really making sense to them that the person who was also winning MVP got the vote, and I don't think they see why GM might have got it either. Instead, several of them think it was Howard the whole time, because he likes neither of them. That's fun in itself, but it's messing with their storylines - Aaryn and GM the racists, Howard the nice guy, the new showmance they are trying to promote.

15. BigB08822

Well I will be disappointed if Aaryn stays but I can't blame them for getting Kaitlin out. She does seem like a stronger player. Besides, if I had to be sitting next to one of them in the F2 then it would certainly be Aaryn. I don't know if she would get a single vote, her biggest allies will be out pre-jury.

16. Catherine M

I'm slowly getting back to watching the feeds.

I do understand why Aaryn is being kept around but man I so want her gone that I can't get excited for tonight's episode. If only someone (I'm looking at you Gina Marie) had pointed out to Jessie how much Aaryn flirts with Judd, maybe she would have been the 5th vote. Sigh.

Hopefully Spencer/Howard/Candice/Elissa will win HOH to really stir things up in the house this upcoming week.

17. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Couple of things going on: They've all decided that Kaitlin is a bigger comp threat; a couple are not happy that she's a recruit who had never seen BB before; a couple are annoyed that she only started talking to them after Jeremy was gone. As for Aaryn, the thinking is they could get rid of her any time; theory is that several are thinking she's a great person to take to the end, especially as all her allies won't be on the jury; she's been a kinder gentler Aaryn for the past week or so, spending time with others, being more careful in what she says, agreeing to pretty much anything to save herself; in all the constant alliance making and shifting, she's an extra body. And no one is targeting GM as they all figure she's expendable any time.

However, as always things could change. Elissa and Candice still want Aaryn gone and are reluctantly sort of agreeing to go with the house. They got a practice set for tonight's HOH and it's pretty random, but Aaryn appeared to be better than others at it. And, heavy alliance making is still happening, along with paranoiaing re MVP, so I could easily see a last minute switch if stuff comes out (ie Helen opening her big mouth, Spencer and Howard desperately trying to take control, etc) and people think they'd do better with Kaitlin in the house than Aaryn.

18. genevieve

they're idiots if they keep Kaitlyn.

19. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

}^*#*}^%>~€~*]€€}^~++\+{€}

Aaryn won HOH.

20. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Cannot believe two others got just 1 away...

Poor Elissa, she can't play veto. She's screwed.

I want Amanda up as America's vote. I really hate her. And McCrae.

21. Catherine M

Can't believe Aaryn won on some random HOH comp.

Elissa is doomed as if Aaryn doesn't put her up, she'll probably be america's choice again.

Howard could also be in trouble if Amanda gets Aaryn to backdoor him this week.

I think I'll vote a few times for Amanda, just cause I want to see her on the block.

22. Catherine M

double post

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  23. Catherine M

So its looking like Aaryn will follow Amanda's wishes and put up Howard and Spencer. That's good, that allows Howard to play for POV. I was worried that they'd try to back door him.

Howard is going to make one last push sometime today to get Aaryn to make a big move and put up McCrae and Amanda but I can't see her doing that. So look for Grodner to find a POV comp that only Howard can win. If he doesn't win, he's gone.

Who knows at this point if the MVP nom will come into play this week or not. It didn't last week after Elissa won POV.

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I don't think fans are going to screw up and nominate Elissa again - my bet is GM will go up again, they still won't figure out America is nominating, and she will get no votes to evict again. Boring twist.

25. Catherine M

One more things from watching the feeds last night and this morning:

I'm down to just rooting for Andy as Judd lost me when he called both Elissa and Candice the c word for no reason at all. I wanted to reach through my monitor and shake him.

Candice is still my favorite but she's doomed with zero allies outside of a doomed Howard. Hopefully they both can open some minds before they leave that Amanda/McCrae need to go.

Edited to say that I agree Jenny, that it will be Gina Marie as the nom. I can't see the Brenchel army messing up again. I do think the twist would work if someone powerful ike Amanda would go up but her edit is too good for the casual fans to dislike her.

26. genevieve

I don't see the PR need to keep him there anymore, so I don't know that Grodner is that invested in keeping him anymore.

I think the America MVP has been a vast improvement, and made the twist worthwhile, as everyone is freaking out over who it is (when everyone knows it was Elissa at first).

I would love it if the Elissa fanbase screwed up again, but I agree, they're not THAT dumb :drama:

Loved Julie's interview with Kaitlyn last night. Kaitlyn's a smart woman - she was clearly caught off guard by the idea that America dislikes her alliance but picked up immediately on how to respond. Not bad for someone who'd never watched. We could get our first post-boot interviews that aren't about how completely wonderful Aaryn and GM are and how wrong America is. Also fascinated that she'd just like "eh" over seeing Jeremy again, considering she spent most of her time in the house with her legs wrapped around him.

27. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I'm enjoying this season. Really like that 'merica is the MVP again. Three nominees makes for better strategizing. I kind of hope they keep the twist going for the whole season and have 3 finalists for the jury to chose from instead of 2. It would be a good twist for the All-Star season next year too.

Watching the feeds gives you a completely different story than what they show on the show.

28. Catherine M

And I'm beginning to wonder if Howard wants to stay on the show anymore. He only went on BB to further his modeling/acting career and with the blow up of the Moving company early and not being really able to confront people about the all racist things they have said, I can see him throwing in the towel and getting the hell out of there.

29. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I don't think Elissa really wants to be there either.

30. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Eville Aryan and GM came out to play on Big Brother After Dark. Aryn's totally stoked about the power shift. I hope she shows her true colors throughout her HoH week. If Howard and Candice go up on the block, I hope there is some backlash...but really, the house seems to have moved on. People are more concerned about how to advance in the game than they are about any individual's racist behavior.