Big Brother US (Season 15)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fridge_Break, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Cast has been announced. Elissa is Rachel Reily's sister.

Season premieres on June 26. The season will last 100 days, the longest season ever.

Twists include 3 houseguests being nominated for eviction each week, and America voting an "MVP" (aka America's/Producer's Favorite) each week and that person will receive some sort of advantage.

Info and video about the house layout and decor, along with photos.

Big Brother: After Dark will be airing on TV Guide Network this season.
  2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

One contestant from New Orleans and one from my hometown, Beaumont! That's exciting. I am really glad to see so many of them are 25 or older. Maybe there is hope for me to get on this show before I turn 40. lol The downside, no real eye candy on the mens side. :(
  3. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

Sooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!
  4. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

Is this how we're going to replace the Hantz family? :blah:
  5. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

It is also Israel's fifth BB season.
    The producers there like to have a contestant exchange with another BB show around the world.
    It lasts for one week and the two chosen contestants (one from each country) get immunity from elimination during that time.
    Last year it was with BB Argentina, and the year before it was BB Spain.
    Since BB USA & BB Israel are at the same time this year, I wonder if the two shows will have contestant exchange between them.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  6. BigB08822

That would be neat, Eden!
  7. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Cant wait!
  8. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

Really? ...........They couldn't find one hot guy for the show?
  9. BigB08822

It turns out Jessie (the one from my hometown) may be a step-sister to a cousin of mine. I am trying to find out but she definitely knows my cousin, I just have to figure out the specifics.
  10. Fridge_Break

Mr. Fridge Break has a friend that knows Andy. Gonna try to get some more details when I can about him.

Interestingly, almost the entire cast has first names that start in the first half of the alphabet.
  11. AliasJohnDoe

12. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Age range is pretty narrow: 23 to 37. I can see I'm going to have trouble telling the "pretty girls" apart - assuming I bother watching. I think I'm getting too old for this show.
  13. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Guess since the season starts airing tomorrow I need to read up on the contestants.

I need a good summer diversion so I hope the feeds are good this season!
  14. AliasJohnDoe

I like the cast. After watching the interviews and rating first impressions, I like Nick and Elissa the most. Elissa isn't telling anyone she's Rachel's sister. I think she should keep it quiet , at least for awhile. But lets see how long that lasts. I haven't heard her laugh yet, but if she laughs out loud like Rachel, it will be a dead give away. Nick is my eye candy...hope he lasts awhile.

David needs to go first. Something about his hair just creeps me out. :scream:

Predicting showmance: Jeremy with either Jesse or Kaitlin.

Lots of pretty ladies. Hoping to see a few catty catfights. GinaMarie and Kaitlin look like contenders.
  15. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

I can't wait. Even if I mock the show and AG's "twists" I still can't not watch. :watch:
  16. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I can't wait! Looking forward to spending the summer watching with all of you! :cheer:
    jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  17. BigB08822

I want to apologize in advance for all the bitching I will do about CBS manipulating the show and helping their favorites along.
    smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I am very interested to see if they pick up anything from BB Canada - they had their missteps, but they did a lot right and a lot that was an improvement on BB US in terms of stuff that fans want/don't want.
  19. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

oh cool...we're allowed to bitch about the show this season? ;)
  20. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

what other threads call bitching we refer to as "lovable mocking" :cheer2:
  21. BigB08822

Oh, and we do this every year so might as well get it over with. I assume this will be a SPOILER thread, as it has in the past. So beware if you come in here after a Veto competition because we will be talking about it even if it wont be on TV for another day or two.
  22. Fridge_Break

Yes, this.

I can't watch tonight and will probably miss the first week of the season :( Moving in a few days and catching up with friends one last time tonight...
  23. AliasJohnDoe

I'm gonna blab everything in here. :p

The first HOH competition is hanging onto a popcicle while a tongue licks you. :D

It looks like a giant Janie tongue from the coaches workout comp last year.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  24. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

As much as I complain about this darn show, I can't wait. It's a great way for me to ignore the heat.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

OMG I hate the pageant girl.

Rachel's sister will not be able to keep that a secret. She looks like a twin.
  26. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

she's also a voice twin, a loud whiny voice twin
  27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

She is. :fragile:

Also Ginawhat'shername :scream: :scream: :scream:
  28. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

And cant stand the girl who keeps saying she is the prettiest, even to the guys. Saying that yourself makes you less attractive.
    McCrae - seems like he already has a target on him and he seems like a normal person.
    Bummed that After Dark is on TVGN - since I do not get TVGN with my cable provider.
    Looks like a promising group of people I don't like that will entertain us all summer.
  29. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Totally enjoyed that - I think we have (for the most part) a good cast, happy not to have any returnees, and liking this new twist as a concept - let's see how it plays out. Could get very tricky once the numbers are down and the MVP is forced to make a third nom - people might have to start nomming their own alliances, and the votes will be easier to identify I think. This is new ground for BB (or have any international editions done this?) so I wouldn't be surprised if they are flying by the seat of their pants and will make adjustments as the season goes on. But for now, it's fun :)

First thought is that BB has stepped up their game, and I have to think it's because BB Canada in their first season bested BB US on a lot of fronts. Look at the fancy new set for starters - it's a huge leap from the tired little set with its roll-out TV and Julie's stiff poses, and if you want to see the step in between, it's BB Canada's front of the house, big screens and more lively host. Julie's twirl (in a dress specially chosen for that moment no doubt) from one camera to the next inside (!) the house was so :rofl: I had to stop and watch it again. But happily one thing hasn't changed - she must've said "but first" half a dozen times - drink!

Casting wise too - only two people over 30 and only two who are married - betcha there's a lot more booze this season too.

Onto the cast:

McCrae - according to Hamsterwatch, he's a known fan in the BB universe and knows the game. A lot will say that going for first HOH is dumb, but I can see why he did it - he knows he could be an oddball outcast, especially in a house stacked with actor/models, so he needs to buy his time. Plus, the nominees made in the first week can't really get too angry because no one really knows each other yet. (Hamsterwatch has the spoiler on his nominees btw, and thinks veto is today, and the third nominee will be made before that, so we should know a lot more by tomorrow.)

Jeremy tattoo Cherokee dude - playing too hard too fast, and has made it clear that he's a competition threat, so I think he might be gone very early.

Ian/Cochran/Mitchell on Modern Family guy - likely a very smart player who could go far if he can keep from getting over excited about just being there.

Nick - I feel like this guy is going to start bugging me before too long.

Bearded guy - hate the look, but I think he's smart and could go far if he can rise above all the dramz (and maybe encourage them) among the cool and pretty kids.

Howard religious guy - looks smart, but he's an actor model too, and while he's already using the bible to his end (God helps people who help themselves) he could either get conflicted or cause all kinds of :argue: over his ethics when he starts to lie and betray.

Judd - not sure yet.

So-called surfer dude who apparently lives with his mother, a superfan who filmed his audition tape - :rolleyes: x1000

Girl who thinks she's the prettiest, and who is most definitely not - who's been feeding her self-esteem pills all her life? Good gracious, there's confidence and then there's delusion. It seems CBS agrees, because they really laid it on thick while happily showing how unflattering that dress really is.

Loud NY girl - she's making it way too easy for someone to make a safe nom and votes. Might be initial nerves and excitement though, so she might calm down and settle in once she makes some friends and the game gets going.

Real estate girl - if that's all she was, then I'd be predicting big things for her because I think someone who sells high end real estate in Florida could make a go of lying and manipulating (nothing against RE people, just saying that the good ones know how to read people), but it appears that's only one of her careers, and she's also a model actor (pretty much all of them are).

Bad brows Amanda - just read up a late night convo with McCrae, and she's coming off as an astute player so far.

Elissa - did she seriously think she could hide who she is even for one second? Rachel's been on tv enough that a least a handful of them would recognize that voice and then the family resemblance. She should have said who she was right out the gate, and made a point of saying that she's a different person than her sister. Mind you, I kinda liked Rachel, and so far Elissa seems like a nice person.

Caitlin and Candice - sorry but I can't tell you apart yet.

Helen - yes you are probably smart and could play a good game - but not in a house of actor models who can be more cutthroat than politicians when it comes to getting what they want and making people pay for the smallest slights, and sadly at 37 you are by far the oldest and have a career that should prevent you from the usual shenanigans, so unless you are really, really smooth about playing alliances and HOHs, then you are too easy a target for the rest of them.

Wheee we're back :rollin:
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  30. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Oh silly me - I'm already mixing up the girls! Bad brows is actually Caitlin and RE girl is actually Amanda. Which actually makes sense given my comments above!
  31. AliasJohnDoe

HOH - McCrae

Nominated - Candice and Jessie
  32. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

I hope Rachel Reilly's sister gets more of a story than being Rachel Reilly's sister and her DRs aren't all about what it's like to be Rachel Reilly's sister and how she is going to win BB because she is Rachel Reilly's sister
  33. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I liked Candice so hope Jessie goes. Was hoping the up for elimination would be Jessie & David (surfer?) I tried watching "BB After Dark" but they were all talking over one another & in something with a room like the inside of an airplane (trivia game?) & girls plus the surfer dressing up for a fashion show. Boring so I went to bed.
  34. AliasJohnDoe

What's sucks about BB:After Dark being on TVGN is that they bleep out so many bad words it's hard to even hear a conversation.

I have the FEEDS at CBS.com but they are constantly loading.....loading......play for 30 seconds....loading....loading. I never had that problem with Superpass.
  35. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

No surprise here, but Elissa won MVP (who else were fans going to vote for before the show even started?), and she told McRae, which I think might be a very smart move considering the wall she's up against.
  36. BigB08822

Is Jessie the one who keeps telling everyone how pretty she is? That is my cousins step sister. I want to root for her but I don't really know her and telling everyone how pretty you are is a pathetic strategy.
  37. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Sounds like Aaryn is doing something similar - she's apparently been acting like she's nominated since last night, saying that she's sure she'll be the MVP and/or replacement nom because she's pretty and strong (last girl in the HOH comp).

We might have more than one Delusional Danielles this season.
  38. Catherine M

Yep its looking like TPTB cast a bunch of Delusional Danielles this season. Just from reading the feeds recaps online, it sounds like a bunch of the girls are NUTS!
  39. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Indeed - and while they all act like their in high school, most of the boys have formed an alliance, and none of their names are coming up for nomination, let alone voting out.
  40. Catherine M

The fact that Jessie is worried about being the prettiest in the house says alot about this female cast. Hate to tell her no one gives a sh*t about that stuff except a very small minority of viewers!

I don't see any of the girls being more than just pawns in the guy's alliance unless things change real quick like.