Big Brother (US)--Season 14!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

It'd reel in the ratings, I'm sure we'll see it to some extent. And it will be satisfying!

2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

They pretty much have to show it, because everyone knows what happened. They showed the whole Ciara thing a few seasons ago.

Willie's going to pay for this though - just want until his brother gets hold of him. Love or hate Russell, he would have never done something like this, and he's never a quitter.

Willie looked like he had potential to be a good player, although playing too hard and too fast out of the gate. I think he got himself evicted because he knew he would get nominated and voted out. Coward.

3. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I feel bad for willie because Joe was a malacious gossip spreading the crap Frank told him, and then set off to push Willie until he broke. As someone who has been picked on like that, I know how he feels. However i learned around age 8 that it doesn't matter, you still can't hit the other person. My coping strategy though was always removing myself from the situation. Unless you DOR you can't really do that in bb. As an adult, Willie has no excuse for snapping though, but I truly hate Joe now.

4. jamesy

jamesy of the United States of America

I can't wait until they show this. It won't be like the couples season where Neal just disappeared one day and they all went "oh well" and continued on. This has potential to be as good as when Chima was removed. :watch:

5. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Jenny- do you mean Chima and her meltdown after her 'king' got coup d'etat'd' hehe

I don't really like any of Brit's players except for Shane and because she was such a grade biatch her season...her going wouldn't sadden me in the least. Her only saving grace is her witty one liners. I really only liked Janelle and kinda liked Dan.

Right now I like Shane, Danielle, Jenn, Ashley and Danielle. Gotta wait and see though. Ian is funny....loved the eppy where Boogie talked about his head kicking player. :rofl:

6. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

My favs are Ian/Ashley/Frank. I'd like to see a surprise showmance between Ashley and Frank. Sure Ian and Ashley are flirting for the cameras, but I think Ashley and Frank might gel soon after getting to know each other. Hope all 3 make it to the final 3.

Willie is just another Chima. A loser who blames everyone else but themselves for their actions.

7. AliasJohnDoe

Brandon Hantz says "If you have something negative to say, keep it to yourself. I don't wanna hear it". :rolleyes:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...hew-brandon-says-boogie-is-a-little-punk.html

8. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Shane won POV.

Would love to see Frank make a move on Janelle's team and knock out Joe or Wil but I doubt he'll be that aggressive this early so it will come down to Danielle and JoJo. Almost like who gets to remain and to try to win Shane's heart!

9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

That little write up by Brandon Hantz is just hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh. It isn't his job to take responsibility for Willie's actions but he certainly shouldn't be making a million excuses for him, either. He says none of us know what happened but doesn't he know of the distinct possibility that CBS may air the entire event? :lol: Forgot about that, I guess.

I didn't think Willie was a homophobe or anything. I think he did make fun of Wil but so what? If he had made fun of anyone else would it have been ok? I don't like when people have knee jerk reactions just because the person on the receiving end was gay. It always amazes me how quickly people forget that this is a GAME.

10. AliasJohnDoe

I'm wondering "if" (in maybe 2 more weeks or sooner), the coaches need to make a decision:

1.The coaches can decide to remain in the house as an observing coach only, and try to get one of their original players to the end for 100k....or
    2.The coach can enter the game as a "player only" for the 500k, meaning they don't get 100k if one of their original players makes it to the end.

Brit and Janelle have said they don't want to enter the game as a player. They only came to be a coach. Dan has said he would enter the game as a player if given the chance. Boogie hasn't really commented on it. But Boogie may be better staying a coach since he has 3 good players.

11. BigB08822

I always assumed it would be an option but then is it fair for certain players to have a mentor while others lose their mentor? That has to be worked out, somehow. Of course Dan wants back in the game, isn't he about the be eliminated? With Shane winning POV and Danielle becoming the target, I have absolutely no doubt that they will introduce the twist to give Dan a chance to stay in the game. If Danielle wasn't in danger then they would have held off, I guarantee it.

12. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

I think that regardless of what's been said, all the coaches are probably tired/frustrated of just coaching and on some level are itching to get back in the game. I imagine that if its not all 4 of them, there will be a competition to let one or two of them back in.

I think Brit actually contributed greatly to Willie's breakdown and didn't realize until way too late that he needed to be treated with kid gloves. She was sharing info with him the same way she would've shared it with Monet or Lane in her season, not realizing that Willie had not an ounce of self-restraint, and was going to react in a totally graceless manner to all of it. The problem was that he wouldn't listen to her advice after hearing the house gossip to just sit back and let things be, and just went a little more off the rails every day. Then after this strategy blew up in their faces, she dug into him about it and made him feel so bad about it. It was a *really* unhealthy dynamic and very hard to watch when I would see them on the live feeds. Brit is the most fun person to watch in the DR and just in general when she's in a good mood, but she really doesn't handle the bad stuff well. I really feel badly in a way that Brit managed to pick Shane who is just kind of blah, Jojo who hasn't managed to make fans out of other people in the house, and Willie who went nuts. None of these people have been very successful in making themselves well-liked in the house. I'm really curious to see who Britney would align with if she came into the house, and if there would be anything she could do to actually stay in. Dan would also be interesting to watch. It's amazing to me that Frank was one vote from going home last week, to now being in a fantastic spot to go all the way.

13. BigB08822

I forgot that they may be bringing someone back in since Willie got thrown out. If they do that then it will obviously be one of Dan's contestants and that would give them another week before having to worry about letting the mentors into the game.

14. Catherine M

I find Britney so clueless and can't believe Grodner thought Britney would be a good coach. The girl got played by Lane of all people during her original season and had no clue what was going on.

15. Catherine M

Ian's lucky that they edited out Ashley's post date trashing of him to Janelle and company. I guess Grodner has a heart after all.

And for the record, Shane is not pursuing Danielle on the feeds!

16. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

OK, I'm feeling out of it. I see that BB is supposed to be showing at 10pm local time on Canadian channels but don't see it on any American ones. What's up with that? Are we in Canada a night behind?

17. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

The Sunday show has already aired in the east, it was from 8-9PM.

18. BigB08822

She seems to be playing better this time around. There have been mistakes but I'm not sure how much she could have done about Willie. He was a bomb just waiting to go off, no matter who was coaching him. I think someone like Boogie or Janelle would have pushed him over the edge even sooner, if possible. Britney has caught on to a few different things when others were trying to play her, particularly Boogie. She seems to be trying to take in the bigger picture this time around.

19. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, I kinda figured that out once I scrolled through the time shift channels. Colour me :eek:

20. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Yeah that was puzzling, because from all I've read she's mooning around him like a high school freshman and he's paying her zero attention.

Other Danielle tidbits - she apparently tells a lot of hard luck/family life stories that get worse with each telling, and she's continuing to pretend that she's a kindergarten teacher rather than a nurse, but keeps slipping with words and knowing things that others have been catching, but apparently not wondering about.

And what is with Dan? Why is it important for him to have everyone think that his team is weak? They're still going after your team, idiot! He's told Danielle not to campaign even though she is more than like going up against JoJo - who is actually playing the game.

21. BigB08822

Dan is playing a horrible horrible game. I know he had no way of predicting that Willie would get himself evicted but it still was dumb to throw the coaches competition. If he had been able to win (and in the end it was only between him and Janelle) then Danielle would be in no danger at all and she could still be seen as weak since Dan is the one who saved her. It seems to me that Danielle is an easy target because it takes Dan out along with her and how he doesn't see that, I don't know. I know they will come in with a twist before he ever gets evicted but Danielle may pay the price for his stupid game play while Dan gets to come into the game.

22. Catherine M

POV ceremony is over with.

Danielle is the replacement nom.

So its JoJo vs Danielle.

Right now, JoJo is the one leaving unless there is a mass defection to get Dan out, along with Danielle. I think Boogie & Frank's reasoning on getting rid of JoJo is that it weakens Britney and forces Shane to work even more closely with them.

So maybe Danielle will get her showmance with Shane after all!!

23. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Yea I don't understand Dan's reasoning for losing all the comps. It is possible to have a successful, relatively drama-free HoH, and could actually serve Danielle well as she could get some people firmly on her side during that week if she plays it properly. Dan winning the coach's comp would allow him to save Danielle for the week, which should never be taken for granted. Of course there was Willie still in the game at that point, but still, he shouldn't have counted on Shane or Jojo being the other nom for sure. I really don't get who he thinks he's fooling. Even more than Britney, he's making a mess of this coach thing.

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Definitely. Imagine when Kara and Danielle find out that Dan blew off both competitions that could have protected them, especially when he also told both of them not to campaign.

The only explanation is that Dan is quite sure how the summer is going to play out, and is focused on his own game, getting through the coaching phase as fast as he can.

Personally I'd get rid of Danielle over JoJo. Danielle seems to be far more easily influenced, which is great if you are the one doing it, but no so much when she is swayed, especially since she's mooning over Shane all the time. Plus, a few of them have already questioned her profession, so that makes her untrustworthy anyway.

Plus JoJo is more fun to watch as a player :)

25. Catherine M

JoJo is much more interesting as a player but the potential is there for a massive Danielle meltdown later on the summer so I'm kinda torn who I want to leave.

If JoJo leaves as planned, I think it will leave a house of

Shane/Frank/Jenn/Ian vs Joe/Wil

With Ashley and Danielle as floaters.

And Frank & Boogie's plan is to have Shane win the next HOH, so they can go after Joe & Wil by having Shane do their dirty work. What they don't know is that Janelle wants Shane to win the next HOH to go after Frank! Hahahahahhahahahha!

So Thursday's HOH competition could be a real game changer, leading up to the inevitable coaches turning into players.

26. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Which is why they must go. If I were playing BB or Survivor, my first targets would be the swing votes and floaters - not because I don't like how they play the game as some players (esp on BB) feel, but because they are unpredictable.

Jenn seems to be playing a really good game. No one dislikes her, she's building relationships quietly all over the place, and despite her noticeable appearance, no one seems to notice her. She'll easily make the jury, and if she's taking the time to observe everyone very closely, she could be in excellent position to go all the way.

27. grimey

grimey bird is the word

This. It makes no sense otherwise.

I have a feeling that all of the coaches knew something about them having a possibility of playing the game before they started. Britney probably knew too but maybe production told her to be naive about it - as per her "character".

28. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I'm surprised they all don't want Danielle out, just to force BB to take it to the next stage with the coaches so they know what they are dealing with.

This is the one game where players enter without knowing all the rules so to speak, and the fate of the coaches is a huge question that will affect everything. If I was in there, knowing what I'm dealing with for the rest of the summer would be my priority.

29. Catherine M

I agree, the smart move would be for Danielle to go, just to force Grodner's hand about what happens when a coach runs out of players.

Ian, who is suppose to be this student of the game, is sure the coaches won't be entering the game. Either he really is that naive or he is trying to play dumb.

30. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I agree that the coaches know 'something'. And the number of non coach players - does not add up.
    I watched BBAD this weekend and read some things - but seeing the actual fight/Willie meltdown was different. Britney really was adding fuel to the fire there. Over the weekend Boogie was talking with somebody and said ony 10% of what Willie did would have occured if he was Willie's coach. I laughed and thought Boogie thinks so highly of himeself. But after seeing the way Brit spoke to Willie, I think Boogie was partially correct - shocking for me to write that. I still don't like Boogie, but hearing him talk with his players and strategy does remind me he is not dumb. I do think his strategy of his 3 plus either Shane or Danielle as the 4th could work.
    Also I agree about Jenn - she is under the radar, gets along with everyone. Plus the little bit I have seen of her, she seems like a really nice genuine person and very grounded.
    Ian - I too wonder if he is playing a bit dumb at times. Also he has followed Boogie's advice and I thiink he is working on his social game.
    Wil gets mentioned to boot out as seems like everyone likes him and they assume he is physical threat.
    So Ian or Jenn - will be interesting to see how far they go.

As with Survivor and BB - I wish they would do a season with no returning players and no twists! Can you imagine everyone just waiting for the twist. And on Survivor everyone searching for HII that does not exist!