Big Brother (US)--Season 14!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised Frank won fan favorite as 99% of the fans only watch the CBS edited version of the show and he came off much better there than on the feeds.

I thought it interesting that Jenn said in her post show interview last night that she voted for Ian cause Dan had already won. Add that to Britney saying that Dan would have lost to Danielle too it was obvious that Dan never, ever stood a chance to win this with a jury made of up on primarily of New players. They were going to vote for one of their own over someone who was "safe" for weeks at the beginning of the season. Add Frank, Joe and Shane's bitterness and Dan had ZERO chance to win the half million.

2. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I had a few friends over to watch, we were split Dan vs. Ian. I'm glad Ian won, he's a broke college student (I can relate...) and such a superfan. Usually the superfans are ditched early because they 'know the game' better. Dan really played the best, but as everyone has said, it was the way he evicted and lied to everyone that lost him the votes.

I can't believe Frank won favorite houseguest. I'm half wondering if that poll was rigged at all, but I'll give him and CBS the benefit of the doubt on that one. I really thought Britney would take it, especially after her goodbye message to Boogie and the segment they showed of her on Sunday's episode where she was throwing things around... weakly chucks a can across the room... complete deadpan voice, "that felt good." :rofl:

We had watched Wil's BB Trilogy parts 1 and 2 before the episode, so we were cracking up whenever Julie would say, "but first!" :lol: I think she's been saying it since the first season, it's got to be a running gag thrown in by the producers :p

3. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Dan's speech was so disappointing... there was lots he could have said. In response to the questions about swearing on the Bible and his wife, he should have said what he said in the DR (that he's playing the game for his family and his wife, so surely they'd forgive him) instead of saying that he had to check his heart at the door and he'll deal with it later. Kissing the jury's butts was sickening (he even called Jen and Joe underrated social gamers, lmao), and the shtick about how he had to play that way because Frank and Shane were such physical threats was dumb - Dan is in great shape and much smarter than either. He simply threw the comps, and should have pointed to that as his strategy. He should have pointed out that his early weeks of safety as a coach were offset by his being a previous winner and yet managing to keep himself off the block at eviction time every single week. He also should have pointed to his creative gameplay and how he managed to get off the block even when him being voted out seemed like a sure thing, and how he was never at anyone's mercy, and always had plan B, C, and D (I hate to admit it, but the only other move of the game that was Dan-worthy was when Boogie got Janelle backdoored). Ian, in contrast, definitely had instances were he needed to win in order to not get evicted, and he didn't even know it, which points to a poor social game. He was stunned when he didn't get evicted at F4, and that should never happen to a player who's in control - the first blindside I've ever seen where the blindside is that you stayed. ;) The grandfather's chain thing made Dan look like a jerk, but it also proved that he played Ian to the very end.

I do think Ian was great, and like him a lot, but Dan is definitely the best ever and IMO should've won. Loved Ian's jury speech. I actually don't think the speeches mattered because it seemed like the keys were already in the bags before the questions even began, but I think Dan could've done a better job and not made himself look so bad.

Dan's biggest mistake was getting rid of Shane. It was too cutthroat, really the straw that broke the camel's back. He would've won against Shane or Dani, IMO, and he could've misted Shane into taking him to F2.

I knew Frank would win the 25, but it really should've been Ian, Britney, or Dan.

4. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Yes, I figured it would be Brit, Ian or Frank, with Frank the favourite so it wasn't a surprise.

5. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Simply thrilled that Ian won. He had a good speech to the jury inspite of Dan trying to yell over him. Dan was OTT with his speech to the jury -- at least it seemed that way to me.

As for who named the Quack Pack -- I'm pretty sure Ian listed it as the first of the options when they were looking for a name for the newest group. He then said something like "Quack Pack, yeah" then they did the "quack thingy with their hands" and Britt said Quack Pack like she wasn't really on board with it but was going along with it anyway.

Happy Frank was AC because he was one of the strongest players in the game and inspite of his outburst of anger when he felt lied to, I thought he more than made up for that when he was wearing outrageous costumer, had to take scum showers and went along with most of the silliness that takes place in the house.

And Janelle continues to turn me off. I can't believe she actually thought Dan should win and that he's the greatest player in BB history. What I would say is he's a master manipulator but that doesn't always translate into good game play. When people see that he's manipulated others into doing his dirty work instead of doing it himself, it makes it hard to think he's played a good game. He won very little in challenges, using the excuse of he wasn't as strong as some nor as smart as others. Give.me.a.break. Anyone who can come up with staging his own funeral and "mist" so many for long enough to get out the people he wanted is NOT stupid. Sorry Dan, not buying it.

Ian -- that money will come in so handy for him. Since he apparently isn't finished school yet, I'm sure that once he pays off what he owes to date will set some aside to continue paying it. BTW, did anyone catch the video shot of his family. Looks like he has a "nerdy" brother?

Just so pleased with Ian and that a fan of a game actually won it for a change.

6. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

The flaw of BB is that a jury of 7 bitter losers decides the winner. Yes, I know that the players have to play to that, but the result is that the best players do not always win, because jurors vote for reasons other than gameplay.

Doesn't seem to happen as much in Survivor, perhaps because they all share in the hardships of the game and understand what it takes to win - but in BB, where the biggest physical challenge is boredom over a season almost twice as long as Survivor, the result is people with petty beefs and vendettas and biases.

7. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

The clip they showed on NBC during the recap show made it seem like Britney threw the name out in a sarcastic response. something like "Oh, god, what are you going to call us? The duck bunch? The quack pack?" And Ian said, no, that wasn't what I was thinking, but I like the quack pack. I think he did make the hand sign. I don't know what she was reacting in response to. Maybe Ian already said something.

8. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I don't think it really matters who named the quack pack.... 4 of its 5 players were already in an alliance, and were also members of the Silent Six at the same time, which Ian didn't know. It so happened that they ended up going with Ian over Frank and Boogie in the end, and Ian's gameplay had a hand in that, but I would hardly say he formed the group, more like jumped into a sub-alliance of an established group.

9. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Ian's brother Ryan posted on Sucks for awhile at the beginning of the season but bowed out once things got a little difficult for him. He's a high school student in Pittsburgh; I think he said he is 17.

So few fans of BB, Survivor, and TAR get cast so its nice to see one of them win.

10. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Actually, Brit made sure that the quack pack members informed Ian about the silent six while it was being formed, but he had to pretend not to know so he could keep feeding them info. Brit and Shane never really intended for the silent 6 to go very far- their loyalty was always to the quack pack, and basically Dan and Dani were maybe slightly more committed, but weren't really on board with silent 6 for the long haul either.

11. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Part 3 of Wil's Trilogy is up!