Big Brother (US)--Season 14!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Jenn votes Frank out. I think she's caught on to the house being against him, and is trying to realign herself to not be a target. (I don't think she will be though.)

2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Good point. She's been campaigning hard for him, but Dani told her flat out last night that everyone else is voting him out. And poor Jenn continues to think she's actually a target. :lol:

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Everyone is so blinded by Dan. Ian thinks Dan really care about him as a person, so of course, he's not going to stab Dan in the back. Danielle and Shane ... forget about it. Joe is hopeless and annoying. Jenn will do what Dan tells her to unless she has a moment when Dan stabs Frank in the back but by then it might be too late to do anything.

Joe had the right idea to fight for the POV instead of defaulting to Dan, but he came up short this time.

Dan's going to win this whole thing.

4. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I'm okay with that. Either he or Ian would be deserving.

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Maybe Dan actually does care about him. Either way, Ian has been a student of this show from the first season, and if anyone knows to be on his guard at all times, it's Ian.

6. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Actually I think Ian WILL be blindsided by Dan. As much as he is a student of the game, it's very different when you are playing. Think back to how upset he was when Brit was evicted and his wanting to get back at Frank when it really was all Dan. If Dan makes it to the end, it's cause everyone has believed him when he "gives his word" that he's final two with them.

If I'm Frank, when I get to the jury house I'm having a biiiiiiig chat with Brit about just how Dan seems to be driving the bus. Whether they would still be willing to give it to Dan because of his game play half way through the season or give it to someone else.

Can I just say that I have enjoyed watching Frank working hard to stay around this summer by winning comps. I realize there are many here who are sick and tired of him, but I have enjoyed him for the most part.

7. Skittl1321

A puzzle? That was tailor made for Ian...

8. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

That was pretty impressive for Ian to win that under pressure. Though that kind of challenge is in his wheelhouse!

9. Catherine M

I'll die laughing if Shane decides he has had enough of his stalker and votes Dani out!

10. Skittl1321

Wow Dani looks PISSED. How can she not see it is obvious it is meant to get Joe out? Anyone else and there is a risk it doesn't happen. Shane is a huge threat, Jenn an easy out. It had to be Dani.

11. Skittl1321

Wait...is Shane crying?

12. Catherine M

Well at least Joe had his bags packed!

13. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Such an exciting night, I'm anxious to see who comes out as next HOH later tonight. I really think Dan might have this. He's in good with everybody and has played just as good if not better than his first time around. I think he could surpass Dr. Will as the best to have ever played.

While most think that Jenn hasn't done a blasted thing, I really think she's played very smart to get this far. Under the radar is a valid strategy, and she cranked things up exactly at the right time.

Shane's been invisible for a couple of weeks now, if he gets to the end, I really don't see him getting (m)any votes to win. Although perhaps if he pulls out some critical competition wins this week and next that could change.

Danielle is probably going to be in the final 2, based on all of the F2 deals she has with everybody.

14. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

It sure wasn't made for Shane or Dani. :lol:

15. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Ian won HOH

16. Catherine M

Ian had to win either HOH or POV to stay. He should be the favorite to win final 4 POV which is always memory so he has a good shot at final 3. He needs to get rid of Dan but I can see him keeping Dan safe.

17. professordeb

So Ian goes from HOH to being put on the block by HOH Dan, then winning POV to take himself off the block and finishes by winning HOH all in one evening? Too funny.

18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

It's interesting that Dan and Ian do really seem to want to play with each other, but obviously they know that they are the only two with a shot at the end. Is it their competitiveness and game knowledge that is tempting them to bring the other to the end?

At this point, Ian might have a better jury case because he's winning like crazy, got two major threats out of the house, formed the alliance that will be there at the end (assuming Jenn is gone shortly), etc etc.

Dan is a very good speaker though, so he might be able to pull off a group mist - the only problem is that the things he can take credit for will make a bitter jury hate him more. A gamer jury - one that wants to vote for the best - will appreciate it, but if we imagine that it's Ashley, Brit, Frank, Joe, Jenn, Shane and Danielle - well that's only 2-3 gamers.

Jenn, Dani and Shane have zero to tell the jury other than a few random comps and perhaps some blah blah about not lying to anyone and staying true and being truly grateful to meet each and every one of you.

But, Ian or Dan cutting each other out and taking one of them as an obvious goat might tick off the jury too, especially the bitter ones.

Good end to the season!

19. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I haven't see last night episode. So Dan tried to get rid of Ian? Wow. Well hopefully this will open Ian's eyes that he needs to get rid of Dan. Don't trust anything coming of of Dan's mouth.

20. Skittl1321

I'm not entirely sure Ian knew he was the target, though of course he was really pleased with getting the veto.

21. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Dan won the first HOH, so had to do instant noms and picked Ian and Joe. Ian then won veto and put up Dani. I think Dan's misted them both to think they were simply pawns because he knew Joe would get voted out, and that he was doing it to hide the F2s he has with both of them. Ian is now HOH.

Apparently Ian told Dan he was going to do the same and nominate Dan and Jenn, but Dan misted him out of it and as of now, it's Shane and Jenn.

22. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20628389,00.html

Brendan and Rachel got married!

Back to BB this season. I watched some of BBAD the last 2 nights. Danielle whispers way to softly. Shane won veto. Last night Jen was hardly with the group, the others seem to agree she knows here fate. Back to Danielle's whispering. I think she was telling Dan she wants to be the replacement for Shane, to not tick off Jenn - think they are friends??? The 4 are getting on very well. They will get Ian talking and he can recite whole conversations and know what day they occurred. Also gives tons of details on prior season, pretty amusing. They definitely did not like Jodi (first evictee). Also talking about turning points of the season. Main ones - with 1st HOH - Willie and how he kept himself separate from everyone, and then how Janelle's group switched to keep Frank. Then Ian saying when the coaches got back in the game and how Boogie and Frank isolated themselves, Ian realized he couldn't stay with them.
    Ian along with being intelligent, he is very observant on the subjective type goings on. He seems to really get a lot for being so young.

23. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i havent heard anyone even begin to suggest that dan should be the repl nom, his mist is that good

24. professordeb

Well I'm back on the Ian bandwagon. I started on it, then was balancing between him and Frank cause I like how Frank played. However, with Frank gone it's now Ian all the way and FTW. Dan may pull this out but I am hoping for Ian. Dan's had his chance.

25. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I have watched this show since the beginning. I do not remember there being 2 such obvious deserving winners before. Some seasons I did not like the final 2 (Allison and Jun come to mind) or the last remaining were not necessarily great players and I did not care at that point - the journey was fun. I really hope F2 is Dan and Ian. They both should be able to provide great cases. And they both seem like nice guys.

Danielle and Shane have been gone for over 6 hours out of the house. They were speculating MTV awards, but that was the other night.

Tonights show - what a hoot having Rachel give hints. Hope she gets the joke. But poor Ian! And the goings on during the live show - we missed so much. But it does sound like Ian really has to win Veto.

I am torn. Ian so deserves to win, such a young kid, and doing so well against the experienced Boogie and Dan. But if Dan makes it to the F2 with all his shenanigans.

26. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Frank will work the jury house members to not vote for Dan. Ashley will vote with Frank. Britney appreciates Dan's game play, but she probably still feel burned by him, so she could go either way. Note sure how tight Joe was with Dan, but I can see him being influenced by Frank.

-----------

I know Dan is only playing the game and doing it well, but he's coming off very sleazy.

Jenn, if she's smart, needs to spill the bean to Ian that Dan tried to get him out. That's the only option she has if she doesn't win POV.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Shane and Danielle went to some gymnastics exhibition, which is funny because they missed the whole Olys, so unless they follow the sport they're have no idea who they just met. :lol:

I think Ian would beat Dan - the jury likes him for the most part, and he's a sympathetic character to get $500K, especially against someone who's already won.

And importantly, much of Ian's game has been out in the open, so he can make a strong case to the jury. Dan's game has consisted of misting people into doing what he wants and them thinking it's their own idea, which no one wants to hear at the end, plus betraying a couple of them - he's very well spoken, but those are hard facts to spin.

I think Dan will be tempted to take Ian because he loves the game and would love the challenge of winning against a good opponent - but he also has books to sell and wants to be the first 2-time winner, so I think if at all possible, he'll take Danielle. He can easily get around any goat accusations by saying he's been with her since day one and his loyalty to her was solid the entire game. And then he'd win - maybe Shane would vote for Dani (although she could easily still betray him), maybe bitter Frank, maybe spacy Ashley, but certainly Joe, Ian, Brit and Jenn would vote for him. Jenn likes Dani, but Dani's done nothing to cultivate that vote.

28. Catherine M

Would love to see Ian put Dan up in Shane's place and then get with Shane to knock Dan out now but neither one wants to make that move. So it is looking like a Ian/Dan/Shane/Dani final 4 unless Jenn can make an epic move.

Ian knows he has to win the final 4 POV and if its a memory challenge like years past, he should be the favorite to win it so he has a decent shot to make final 3.

29. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

From what I can tell, Ian wants to go to the end with Dan. That could change if they make F3 together and Ian is the one who makes the decision, but for now it looks like Ian wants to stick with Dan.

The incompetence of Jenn/Shane/Dani shows even more clearly as only Jenn seems to have made the slightest attempt to befriend Ian. Shane and Dani seem to be relying on the QP alliance, but honestly I wonder if they even know it exists. Shane is riding with Dani, Dani is riding with Dan.

For next week, Ian only has one shot - POV - but everyone else has two - HOH and/or POV to stay safe. One might consider that Dan has 3 shots, because I don't think Dani would vote him out.

30. Catherine M

Shane removed himself and Ian put up Danielle in his place.

So its Danielle vs Jenn to see who is the last girl standing.