Big Brother (US)--Season 14!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Just 10 more days till the premiere on July 12.

So who is in for another season?!?!

I have better internet connection at home now so I might even get the feeds this year but I haven't decided one way or another.

I know there will be twists, I just hope they aren't too lame.

And we are all in agreement that we can talk about what's going on in "real time" ie no need for black spoiler tags!?
  2. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

3. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Agreed. Can't wait.

I heard the 'Glass House' sucks.
  4. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

A yes from me!
    Can't wait to spend my summer with you guys! :cheer:
  5. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

:lol: It really is. It makes BB look like Survivor in comparison.

Oh well, it's filler until BB actually starts. :p
  6. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

With a great commitment to Olympic watching coming up, I'm not sure I can watch Big Brother this year.

Might tune in to the first episode to see if there is anyone I can stand- and then just read along.
  7. Catherine M

Yeah Olympic watching will make things more difficult this season so hopefully this thread will keep those watching the Olympics up to date. I will be on vacation for a week in early August so that will keep me from following both BB and the Olympics.

I just can't believe that this is the 14 season of this show. Some things just never end!
  8. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  9. AliasJohnDoe

A few house pics are coming out:
    http://imgur.com/a/LFNcJ

I want a new house!!!....and what is Rachel doing there?!?! (17th picture down)
  10. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I can only hope someone is playing a joke and photoshopped her in, because I couldn't deal with her again. (That said, I don't watch Amazing Race, and don't know if she made any fans.)
  11. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Yes, with the Olympics, it will be hard to keep up. I guess I will become a couch potato! Usually I just record stuff and watch whenever, but not a good idea with BB or Olympics - too much. Hope this is a good season.
  12. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I can't wait! With the Olympics, I will be mostly following online but that is typically how it goes for me, anyway. I tend to only watch evictions/HoH nights and the rest of the week I spoil it online. I hate the edit CBS gives as it is usually so far from the truth.
  13. BigB08822

Brandon and Rachel both have their pictures on the wall AND they are sitting around the table for what looks like a key ceremony. I can't believe they would have the current winner back on so soon so I hope this is some weird "test" run or something but who knows. I hate bringing people back but this would be such a joke.
  14. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Thanks. :cheer:

WTH Rachel again? :wall: :wall: :wall: I think that's her at the nomination table as well (are they practicing? Or is that a real nomination already?)
  15. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Rachel & Brendon were invited to take part in the "Media Day" that happens every summer before the actual group gets locked in the house. I really doubt they will be on this season.
  16. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Thanks! I also follow Joker's for the feed summaries, and Hamsterwatch for the snark. The board I follow is tvclubhouse - they can get a bit militant so you can't oversnark, but there are some good posters there and some fun discussions.
  17. BigB08822

Well they are in the pictures on the wall and sitting around the table during what looks like a key ceremony. I hope it was just staged for photos or something but that seems awfully fishy. It just can't be true...it just can't. I finally learned to like Rachel last year when it was clear she would win (and that CBS would do anything to make her win) but I don't want to try and see if that feeling will last.
  18. Fridge_Break

Those that participate in Media Day play a round of BB :) Rachel was apparently the one evicted :lol:
  19. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

LOVE! :p
  20. BigB08822

Oh thank god.
  21. Fridge_Break

22. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Is that the brother who is the father of the one who was on the show? If it is, I recall he was more like Russell, a hard gamer, and nothing like the troubled nephew.
  23. Catherine M

I don't know whether to laugh or cry that another Hantz has been cast on a CBS reality show. I guess Amazing Race will be next!
  24. AliasJohnDoe

"Big Brother 14" cast:
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/cast/

4 returning guests not revealed yet.

25. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

Are we supposed to act surprised if when Rachel walks through the door? :shuffle:
  26. AliasJohnDoe

27. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I was watching HGTV last night and saw a commercial for a new show - 'Natural Born Sellers' - about some realtors. I actually had to rewind it, as it looks like a couple looking for a place to buy and yes it was Rachel and Brandon.

I was looking at the site above and the picture of 'Willie' Hantz is not the brother of Russel/father of whats his name, but some young guy, long hair.
  28. Flatfoote

Flatfoote Active Member

TVCH is my favorite site. I've been a member there since 2000, including all other areas of the board.

Yes, the moderation can be considered militant. But, it's really just a a matter of having a common sense of respect. You can not bash another poster, and that is a big reason it's a great place. Where it gets dicy is you have to choose your words carefully when discussing the houseguests. You can't diss them any more than you would a fellow poster. You can't call them names, or give them clever nicknames pertaining to how you feel about them. You can call them out on their behavior though, as long as you leave the namecalling on the cutting room floor. Follow those simple guidlines, and you'll get along famously there.
  29. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I'll reserve judgement on the four returning players until I see who they are - there are a couple I would love to see again - but I do have a Major Objection based on the new cast.

There's a Wil and a Willie, and a JoJo, Joe and Jodi. Seriously, how are the feedsters supposed to keep track of HOH, late night and whispered conversations when they potentially don't know who is being talked about, and how are the rest of us to keep track when they get it wrong??

Flatfoote, I got several warnings from the mods at tvclubhouse during Jordan's first season!
  30. AliasJohnDoe

31. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Hamsterwatch confirms it IS a relative of Russell Hantz. :rolleyes:
  32. AliasJohnDoe

So far, the rumored 4 returnees are Dan, Boogie, Janelle and Britney.

But that's still not a definite.
  33. Catherine M

Just got finished reading all the bios.

Hard to pick a favorite just from words but I really like Ian, the young engineering student from Tulane. And my personal favorite occupation is "Spray Tanner" for Ashley. I want to be a spray tanner. Do you have to go to school for that!?
  34. CassAgain

CassAgain Active Member

I liked most of them from their interviews, but I'm sure I'll grow to despise most of them before the summer is up.

I thought it was funny that the We Love Big Brother interviewer had no clue who Russell Hantz is.

Returnees: Love Janelle, Dan and Britney (although she really can only mentor on how to give good diary room and get screwed over by a boy). Hate Boogie.
  35. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

ITA! I'm terrible about picking people who I think I will like and then end up hating midway through the season. And BB is worse because you get to see so much more of the players than you do on other shows.

Yet I still keep watching and will practically live in this thread. :lol:

Yes, which means Boogie will end up being the last one standing. :p
  36. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Pretty much my assessment too. I don't think Boogie without Dr Will will survive long. Although, if it's anything like last summer, the starry eyed newbies will probably be snowed by them all for awhile at least. Ditto Hantz.
  37. AliasJohnDoe

After watching the interviews, I like them all so far. If I had to pick favorites, I'd go with Ashley, Kara, Willie, Frank and Wil.

I hope returnees are Janelle, Britney and Dan. I like them all. I can't stomach Boogie though.
  38. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I was not saying it was not a Hantz, I was saying it was not the father of crazy Brandon! :shuffle:
  39. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Oh, my mistake. :(
  40. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Okay, added this to my dvr. If rachel shows up (not looking likely, which is good) I am turning it off immediately.