Big Brother US -- Season 13 -- Part 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BigB08822, Aug 23, 2011.

1. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

I don´t know how to find it but I have a vague recollection of Jordan, when whining about Dani to someone, commenting that her and Jeff had been contacted weeks before the show started but they only got in touch with Dani a few days before. That might be an exaggeration on Jordan's part but the implication I got from the live updates was she didn't get what was so special about Dani and that clearly she was more important because it appeared Dani was a last minute addition to the show.

If Dani was contacted somewhat last minute then I think it supports the theory that Dick leaving was planned (at least by him). Wonder if there was another couple that was previously considered or whether the producers decided to add a third couple later on to help with Vet numbers.

Having watched my first full season of BBUS I have to say I´m not impressed. I prefer the way other countries do BB, this version is just far too easy to manipulate and has nothing to do with the social aspect of other BB versions. They really seem to have removed all the bits the original concept of BB had that made it a more interesting show. Someone remind me I said all this next summer so I don't watch :D

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Haven't even read it, but based on his words and actions during the final week, I have to say it's a shame. He went in as a potential fan favourite, getting to play for all of us. He had a good summer and a decent run in that he got to the end, won a few comps and got to meet Tori Spelling. Why can't he just leave it at that?

4. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Adam, IMO, was one of the boring HG this season. :yawn:
    He didn't bring anything interesting to the game.
    All he talked about is his love for bacon, crush on Tori Spelling, and admiration for J/J... :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

5. love skating

love skating Clueless American

Did anyone ever ask the jury who they would've voted for if it were Rachel/Adam as a final? My guess is Rachel would've gotten the same votes she got against Porsche and maybe one or two more. Just wondering since Adam kept saying he would've won.

6. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

Producer manipulation seemed even worse this season. I quit watching about half way through. Many thanks to everyone who posted information. It was more more enjoyable reading your posts versus actually tuning in the broadcast!

7. BigB08822

I agree. I hardly watched this year but I followed every single day. I would basically only tune in to see the live evictions and HoH competitions. If I watched the other episodes I would usually get angry because I could really see how they were editing certain people and leaving out key moves. They make a lot of money from their live feeds, I'm sure, but I wonder how much better their ratings would be if they only had the show on 3 times a week and no one could find out results ahead of time. I would certainly tune in but we wouldn't know even 1% of what is really going on and talk about even more of a chance for Producer manipulation.

8. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

There was a fan poll on Jokers that had close to 20,000 votes last time I checked - Rachel would have beat Adam by a landslide according that poll, with only Porsche (possibly) voting for him.

9. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I did enjoy this season, even with the producers input and the return of vets.
    I was always entertained and intrigued. Most season by the final 4 or 5, I just don't anymore, the journey is over.
    I am glad Rachel won, she was the most deserving of the final 3, even with some of her meltdowns and claims of fierce competitiveness. She looked great compared to others.
    Porsched had some good moments and potential, but there was just something I did not like. Was it her saying how pretty she was all the time in the beginning or the metamucil. Not rational, but just did not like her.
    I still wish Dani had made it to the end. She was fun to watch and made it interesting. Plus she has grown as a person since last time. I saw her backyard interview at cbs.com and she mentioned about making friends this time. She seem to get more out of this experience than last time.
    J/J - so bored with them.
    Adam - please, please don't let him play again. A man his age going on and on about bacon and Tori Spelling. So strange. His behavior in the live show/results was so bizarre.
    Can't wait til next year. Thanks to all that posted info. This forum really does add to my enjoyment of this show.

10. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Did Porsche ever admit to the other houseguest what she did for a living? IIRC, she said at the beginning of the season she wanted to keep it secret.

11. BigB08822

I thought she made a comment to Rachel about "wow, two cocktail waitresses making the F2" but maybe that was a diary room comment? I know she said it at some point.

12. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

At the beginning of the season, I didn't like Rachael at all. But, at about the mid-point of the show, I started to turn around and root for her to win it all. She was such a fierce competitor and did the job when it needed to be done. I think Brendon's final eviction was the best thing that could have happened for her.

Adam is completely delusional. There is NO WAY ON EARTH he was going to win! I was SO glad that his vote was NOT the deciding vote to determine who won. After Shelly's vote was revealed, who cared who Adam voted for?

I absolutely loved Jordan at the first the of the series; but I liked her less and less as it went on. She really did NOTHING but ride coattails ... first, with Jeff, and then with Rachael. AND, she came across as an insecure, jealous little girl with her repeated comments about Porsche wearing a bikini. She even brought it up during the jury comments .... basing your self esteem on your looks and cuteness factors much, Jordan??? Better grow up; beauty doesn't last forever!

Jeff as the fan favorite??!!!!! That was probably the biggest jaw-dropper for me. I thought he was a total a$$hole! I could kind of understand his frustration while he was stil in the house; but, in the jury house when Shelly arrived, he was just obnoxious. It's a GAME ... GET OVER IT!

CONGRATULATIONS, RACHAEL!

13. BigB08822

Dani said it best in an interview in the backyard after the finale. She commented how this is a GAME and that the couples took everything as a personal attack against their relationship. If you tried to evict Jeff because it was in your best interest he and Jordan thought you were jealous or trying to separate them out of spite. That attitude is so obnoxious.

14. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Actually I guess we can take some comfort in that - Adam thought he was the swing vote and probably was enjoying the moment thinking Julie would do a dramatic "we have a tie! The final vote is from ADAM ..... drum roll ..."

But Shelly was in fact the swing vote (as many of us knew, but apparently not CBS or they would have put her key last), so Adam's vote was buried in Rachel's moment. :rollin:

15. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Didn't the Jury put their keys in the box in the order in which they were eliminated?

16. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

yes, I believe they've done it that way the last couple of seasons