Big Brother 12 (US Version)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Cast has been released:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_brother/

Have to look at the videos at home tonight but can see some early favs. Suppose to be a couple of "uber fans" in the mix so it will be interesting to see how they fare against the mactors.

And we'll know on week two who the person is that the producers have picked to be working against the house ie another "america's player" like Eric was a few seasons ago.

Oh, read on another site that the 14th person bailed at the last minute and there wasn't time to bring in replacement so that's why there is only 13 players this time.

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

People still watch it in the US? ;)

3. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

They are all from FL, IL, AR, and CA. WTF? And too many of them look alike... do we have another secret teams thing going on? Relatives?

4. Catherine M

I haven't read anything about a relative or pre-existing relationship twist though I guess TPTB could announce that next week. I just think casting got lazy and went for people from the same casting calls.

So far the only twist that has been announced is the "Summer of Sabotage" where an unknown player is going to be doing the bidding of America and trying to mess with the game. Like Eric, they will be rewarded with a cash prize every time they are able to pull something off. I guess TPTB will "fix" things to make sure this person is around for awhile.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

*runs into thread*

Wheee:rollin: can't wait. I haven't been particularly happy with the outcomes in recent seasons, but always enjoy the ride!

Too darn busy right now to fully examine the bios, but will asap.

6. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

I see cast members from Philadelphia, Texas, New Jersey, and Las Vegas. There are 13 cast members listed.

2 Florida
    2 California
    2 Arkansas
    2 Illinois
    1 Texas
    1 Pennsylvania
    1 New Jersey
    1 Nevada
    1 Arizona

7. Catherine M

So I was reading some of the contestant threads over at Sucks and it seems like Matt was on a season of "Average Joe" as one of the Joes.

Makes him a possible saboteur since he has previous reality tv experience ie he'll be pretty comfortable on camera and use to taking direction from TPTB.

8. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

Yes, all 7 of us masochists loyal fans who are left. :lol:

9. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Canadians watch it too :cheer2:

10. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I am so excited for this.. I've been without a TV show to watch since all of them ended at the beginning of May.

Took a quick look at the cast bios, looks like they've got a few good potentials here. They asked a question about which players from past seasons they liked/hated the most.. I believe all of them gave specific people, so I'm hoping we don't get any mactor TV whores who haven't seen the show before.

Interesting to note that they have the profiles of 13 people up. There was a magazine spread posted over on Sucks that said there were going to be 14 houseguests this season. Perhaps the saboteur's identity will remain a mystery until the first broadcast. Or perhaps it was just a typo :lol:

11. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

Apparently they intended to have 14 HGs but one bowed out due to cold feet.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

Some of us don't :slinkaway have a life

13. Fridge_Break

She probably realized that her entire life would be broadcast on live TV and internet for the next 3 months :lol:

14. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Yay, BB! :biggrinbo
    Count me as # 8, since I watch the Israeli version as well. :lol:

15. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

My first thought after checking out the male cast members was, "are they all the same guy???" Plus it's a very WHITE cast. :yawn:

:confused: + :mad:

Honestly. Surely they must plan for something like this. I would have thought that 20 people would have been sequestered with all of them knowing that only 14 would make it on the show. And if someone gets ill, has an emergency back home, or "gets cold feet" :)rolleyes: x infinity), then no problem, there's six back-up contestants.

And whoever backed out, I think they're a big LOSER when there are so many people out there who would want the opportunity they were given.

For sure, eh? :40beers:

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I've never watched an episode of Big Brother in the past, but I may give this season a shot.

17. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Go for it. Watching the show makes you feel like your life is pretty good and healthy. The journey is fun. Just to warn you - sometimes the end just sucks.

18. Fridge_Break

If you like Survivor, you'll probably like Big Brother. Although, like smurfy said, this show, like the Amazing Race, kind of has a reputation of producing some clunker winners. Although don't let that alone drive you away, this season could be different! :)

smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Catherine M

Ok, I'm all caught up on my bio readings/videos.

FWIW, here are my thoughts on some of the contestants.

Pre show like:

Monet
    Matt, but only if he's the mole
    Rachel
    Brendon, at least he is upfront on getting into fake showmances to further his game

Need to see more of:

Hayden
    Lane, though his thread over at Sucks is going to be epic; they are going to bring back the food log that they did for Ryan a few seasons back and I have to admit it was one of the funniest threads ever over there!!
    Annie
    Kathy, though I hope she doesn't mention that she almost died every 30 seconds on the feed

Meh on:

Britney
    Enzo
    Andrew
    Ragan
    Kristen

Can't wait for next Thursday!!

20. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

My favorite show of the year, WEEEE! I can't wait!!!!

I hate America's Player, I feel badly for the person chosen to do it and it really messes up other peoples games. I much prefer to let everyone play for themselves and let the best player win. I don't mind one week of someone being America's player or something but not the entire Summer. I am not happy about that but maybe we can get lucky and have them out early, not that the Producers would ever allow it.

Just looked at the pictures. Wow, this is a really a white persons show, huh? Only one cast member is black and she is really light skinned. Everyone else appears to be white, as white as can be!! Couldn't cast an Asian, Indian, anything? I think it would make things so much more interesting and "real."

21. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I am so looking forward to watching my fave summer show!!! Looks like your typical cast of people... can't wait to see the drama unfold lol!!

22. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Oh, either I am getting old or there is a lack of hotness on this season. One of my favorite parts of BB is looking for naked pics of the guys online!! :shuffle: Jeff was my favorite last year :grope: Although, I often think the pictures are underwhelming and then someone comes across much better in motion (or with their shirt off) or because of their personality.

23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

The one thing that is quite different than other reality shows is that this one is shown in real time (well maybe a few days off). Therefore, the producers don't really have an opportunity to edit knowing the final outcome, or what might come to the forefront in terms of storylines along the way.

Of course, there are those who say the producers manipulate the players in various ways, push forward their own favourites and effect the outcomes, but for the most part, you're seeing it happen as it happens.

It's not a bad idea to keep tabs on one of the BB sites too, because there's so much on the 24 hour live feeds that doesn't make it to air.

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Also, separate post here for separate topic - are we all agreed again this year that we will once again allow spoilers? We often know results of competitions a few hours or a day or two before they air, as well as various events/conversations in the house thanks to live feeds. For those who keep track of both, it's often hard to remember what has aired and what hasn't.

So spoilers allowed this season as usual? Show of hands?

25. Catherine M

Raises hand in favor of allowing spoilers once again!

I think its hard to keep track of what hasn't been shown on the CBS show since sometimes I skip the CBS broadcast and just pay attention to the feeds and recaps online, depending on my schedule.

And I agree with Jenny, keeping track of the feeds via recaps online is the way to go. CBS only shows 3 hours of the week when so much happens, especially at night when the contestants are really bored and if they have won a challenge with booze, their lips and other body parts tend to get a tad bit loose!

26. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

I don't mind spoilers either, so go for it.
    On the contrary sometimes it helps to understand the dynamics between the house guests, for those of us who missed the life feed.

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Eden, in response to your question re where to see full eps - I'm not sure, so maybe someone else can help. I always just watch them live or pvr for later. I don't have access to live feeds, but keep track through summaries at several sites.

28. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Jenny, not so sure I completely agree with you because what we see on TV and what people see on the feeds can be rather different and skewed. A couple of things
    Evil Dick - on TV, he seemed to be portrayed more as the "loving but distant" father and his antics downplayed. However, I go to a site where people post some of what they are seeing on actual feeds and his behavior was simply horrid. We saw some of it on TV but we were made to feel he wasn't so bad when he really did deserve the moniker "Evil".
    Then there was the season of Janelle/Howie combo versus the nerd herd. TV seemed to make it out that the nerd were nice and that the other side wasn't. Well apparently both groups were nasty about stuff - the nerds were more "behind your back" while Howie was "in your face" and then some. Although many like Janelle/Howie and company, I couldn't stand them at all and the nerd herd were ... well ... what was left.

I'm all for spoilers, especially since I do frequent that "other" site - sometimes I even get to chat with a few of them.

29. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Totally agree deb - and that is why I think our ongoing discussion, spoilers included, is important to get the larger picture of what's going on.

When I said "we see it as it happens" I was more referring to the idea that when we see the Bachelor or Survivor, the entire game is played out and the outcome determined, so editors can put the show together accordingly. For BB, it's a bit more free form, which is an aspect of the show I enjoy.

30. itofan

itofan Member

I'm not sure this twist will last too long. What will BB do when someone flys a banner spoiling the twist?