Beware mistresses of cheating spouses

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Autumm_wind, Mar 25, 2010.

1. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

This is so true, I have had a few friends have this happen a couple more than once and I just shake my head. They are soooooo desperate for a man that they will accept anything! Personally I have been very fortunate and have worked very hard to make sure that my man doesn't need or want to wander and he has done the same with me! ;)

2. IceKween

IceKween New Member

Well there needs to be communication between the spouses. I know someone who has been in a multi-year relationship with a married man and his wife is totally okay with it. In fact the three are like the Musketeers when they socialize in the 'circles'. The wife has no interest in sex, and she likes the excitement that her husband brings with his lover. And she's also laughing behind her smile when she sees the other bimbo wives whispering about her.

I really have an issue with the 'other' lover who starts demanding and facilitating the demise of a marriage. It's disgusting.

3. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

The spouse who cheats is an *sshole. The person who knowingly is dating a cheating spouse is an *sshole, too. You want sympathy and an "apology"? Free advice instead: don't sleep with someone who's married to someone else.

(Obviously, if everyone's okay with it, as in the situation IceKween describes, that's another story, but somehow I think that doesn't happen often at all.)

4. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Again, not condoning anything, but many in that situation live by the belief that monogamy is not in our nature. That men (in particular) are programmed to spread their seed to ensure the survival of their genes, whereas women are programmed to nurture the resulting offspring. Of course since that theory came out, humans have sex for pleasure and not just procreation and use prophylactics to prevent pregnancy, but I'm wagering a guess that many cheating people live by the theory that humans are not monogamous creatures by nature.

5. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Which is great as long as they let their SO in on that belief and make sure they agree. If not it's a crappy thing to do to someone no matter what the cheater's "theory" is.

6. bek

bek Guest

Well exactly. My mom use to say when you go with a cheater what do you get a cheater. If someone isn't going to honor their vows or be true to their first relationship how can you trust that they will be true to you. The grass is always greener on the other side.

But as bobalina said did they let their signficant other know about their feelings on monogomy? While I'm not a fan of open relationships, its one thing if both parties agree to an open relationship. Its a totally different scenario though if you cheat behind someone's back.

7. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

:rofl: best typo ever.

In this case I don't think the gays have anything to do with it!

Ant

8. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Open relationships are great in theory. But, there are very few people who can handle knowing that their SO is sleeping with someone else. Case in point: most men I know who have been unfaithful to their wives/girlfriends would sh*t twice and die if they even suspected their mates were considering outside relationships.

9. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I completely agree with this, yet it happens all the time. This case is not justice, its revenge and that nuts.

The woman in the article states that the mistress broke up her family(paraphasing). Does she really think this lady broke up her marriage. That if this lady would not have come long she'd still be married? And why would anyone want to be married to someone that does not want them anymore, which it appears is the case with this marriage.

As my grandma use to say, "you can't take somebody away from someone else unless they wanted to go in the first place".