Best way to send flowers internationally?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Anita18, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

My friend with pancreatic cancer passed earlier today. I got a tearful phone call from his ex-gf this afternoon, and was tasked on letting the rest of my workgroup know, because she didn't have anyone else's phone number. I still don't think my boss knows (he's on post-my-wedding vacation), but I'll try calling him again later....

We would like to send his family flowers, but we're in California, and they're in France. Which is the best company to use? We don't want to send "funeral" flowers, just something pretty and nice for his mom.

Thanks.

2. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

oh anita =( so sorry! ad after your fabulous wedding weekend- (he DID make the wedding in spirit i am sure)
    i know that the regular suspects send flowers- I have always looked in line- found a good florist in the same city and town and called them- then i know they will arrive and will be fresh- the website usually gives a good indicator of the skill and arrangements
    thinking of you and his fmaily

3. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Anita, I'm so sorry about your friend. :(

4. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

((Anita)) so sorry to hear this :(

5. PRlady

PRlady still standing

Anita, use the Internet to find a floral shop in the French city and order from them online or by phone. That's what I do to send internationally.

6. Anita18

It's a pretty small city, although it's in Normandy so floral shops would hopefully speak English there? My friend is looking on FTD but I'm not sure about their quality....

Thanks everyone. His mom just sent a message to everyone who knew him in the US via Facebook. Hopefully Google Translate didn't butcher my reply too badly...It's just so sad to outlive your children. :(

7. backspin

backspin Active Member

I'm very sorry to hear abput your friend!

All FTD does is send the order on to a local shop & keep some of your money for themselves. You'll get far more value if you can contact a local shop directly yourself.

8. Anita18

Thanks - we do have a fellow French expat in our extended workgroup, and she will have her mom call the florist tomorrow.

My boss still has his phone off. :mad:

We chose this floral shop. He would have approved. http://www.fleuriste-palaisdelafleur-caen.com/ (J.F. Le Bastard! :D )