Best or Favorite Brad Pitt Role/Movie

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Beefcake, Sep 29, 2011.

?

Favorite (or Best) Brad Pitt Role/Movie

Poll closed Oct 29, 2011.
  1. Early days 2-fer: Thelma & Louise / A River Runs Through It

11.1%
  2. Interview with the Vampire

15.9%
  3. Legends of the Fall

20.6%
  4. Se7en

20.6%
  5. 2-fer: Kalifornia

3.2%
  6. Twelve Monkeys

4.8%
  7. 2-fer: Sleepers / Troy

3.2%
  8. Fight Club

15.9%
  9. 3-fer: Ocean’s Eleven (/ Twelve / Thirteen)

12.7%
  10. Inglourious Basterds

28.6%
  11. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

11.1%
  12. Other (Burn After Reading, Meet Joe Black, True Romance, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Moneyball, et al.)

19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Pitt has been in the headlines a helluva lot lately as he promotes his new movie, Moneyball, with interviews and such ( ((((Jen Aniston))) ). He is getting outstanding reviews for Moneyball (as he did earlier this summer The Tree of Life).

An article, today, on CNN reports that Pitt fought for the ending** of Se7en. (
    What's in the box!?" "What's in the BO-OX!?"
    ) Humongous :respec: to him for demanding that final scene with Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman remain intact, as it's one of the best endings in film history.

Anyway, that got me thinking about how many awesome films Pitt has starred in. No Oscars to show for it, unlike a certain Mr. Hanks who has a similar thread here, but Pitt's "rewatchables" resume blows Hanks' away for my money.

BP's prowess really snuck up on me!
    :kickass:

**:rofl: That CNN's headline gives away the ending to Se7en, and then :lol: inside the article states "warning!: spoiler ahead".

But I digress ...

What are your favorite (and/or best) roles (or movie & role combination) from Brad Pitt?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
  2. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I've always been a fan of "Interview With The Vampire". Though many fans don't feel the same way, I felt Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise's casting were perfect. Even if I'm not a big fan of either. But maybe I'm biased since I've always been an Anne Rice fan.

3. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Actually, BP said in the Entertainment Weekly article that he did not want the contents of the box at the end of Se7en to be seen. I'm really happy that he fought for that. :respec:

4. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I picked other- The Tree of Life.

I hated the movie. Loved his acting.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I loved both the movie and his acting in The Tree of Life.

He really has been in a lot of really good films.

6. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

He was genius in 12 Monkeys and deservedly received an Oscar nomination for it.

7. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

O.k., this is embarrasing. I've haven't seen any of those movies. :shuffle:

I have see one movie that he was in (I think with Anthony Hopkins.) Pitt played death, or something close to it. I thought he was good in it.

8. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I've come to enjoy Brad Pitt as an actor more and more since he's gotten older. He seems to always make interesting film choices. I especially loved his performances in Inglorious Basterds and Kalifornia and I'm looking forward to seeing Moneyball.

9. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Honestly, my favourite movie of his is Legends of the Fall but Kalifornia is a close 2nd because he plays such a nasty character and pulls it off well. lol!!

10. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I thought he did what he could in Interview with the Vampire, but the rest of the movie was so terrible - acting, script, "plot", etc. etc. - that his performance kind of got buried.

He was truly great in Thelma and Louise even though it was a small(ish) role.

11. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I voted for Benjamin Buttons as my favorite but my 2nd favorite performance is the Assassination of Jesse James. Lots of people have not seen this movie, Brad is so good. I love fight club.

12. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I adore Legends of the Fall. It's my go to DVD on a quiet weekend.

13. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

I adore Legends of the Fall too but I actually though the Pitt was kinda gross it was the actor that was on ET who I thought was way cuter. I would say he was best in Fight Club. Not very fond of him and for someone to be so good looking and yet to appear so ugly so many times is rather disappointing.

14. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I think he likes to look "ugly". He reminds me so much of Robert Redford in that way. Redford hated the sex symbol status so much, and preferred to take roles where he wasn't so pretty. I saw Moneyball on Monday, and more than once commented on his resemblance to Redford with that weathered non-movie star look.

15. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I absolutely loved him in Burn After Reading. He was hilarious and I really appreciated that he didn't take himself too seriously.

Benjamin Button just didn't do it for me.

Mr & Mrs Smith just p*ssed me off it was so bad. Two really good actors in a really dumb movie.

16. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

He was hysterical in Burn After Reading - I forgot about that one!

17. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

I loved Interview with a Vampire regardless of the bad script and etc....I just love that period costume and the long hair on the men. Eye candy for me!

I will tell you the Pitt film I hated most-Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It had nothing to do with the "relationship" issues, it just grossed me out with the violence towards one another. It was brutal in such a gratuitous way, and violence usually doesn't bother me much. I couldn't wait for the damned thing to be over and I was in a situation where I couldn't gracefully escape.

Benjamin Button messed my mind up. I thought the storyline was silly, but the damned thing haunted me forever.

Glorious Brad in Thelma, in Legends, in Seven....many decent movies. Heck, I even loved Troy, but that was also gratuitous in a different way....:lol: Also my first glimpse of Garet Heglund (spelling??) as Patroclus. I love the Troy story, so even though it was really cheesy, I enjoyed it.

18. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

Loved Burn after Reading. Pitt and McDormand were so good in that movie.

I've actually liked a lot of his movies, and when he started out I thought most of his stuff would be pretty fluffy.

19. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Ah, shoot, I initially had Burn After Reading as part a 2-fer w/Kalifornia, but then decided that those two flicks have no common perspective whatsoever besides Pitt's inclusion.

:shuffle: Double oops, as I failed to remove "2-fer" when I removed BAR.

20. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I don't really like Brad Pitt as an actor very much, but I did like the "Ocean's xx" movies, so that's what I chose.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  21. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Meet Joe Black. That's the name of the movie I saw! Nobody else here has mentioned it... :confused:

22. duane

duane New Member

I'm more a fan of Brad Pitt the person than Brad Pitt the actor. I've only seen less than 5 of his movies. My favorite roles are Legend of the Fall (he is totally hot in this movie!) and Thelma and Louise (great job with the southern accent).

23. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I liked him in Meet Joe Black but the movie was so forgettable and :blah:. I was trying to remember the title, cause I knew what movie you were talking about, but just couldn't and didn't feel like looking it up :lol:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  24. Aussie Willy

The thing I liked about him in the Oceans movies was he was so classy and cool. Suited the genre very well.

I didn't vote for Inglourious Basterds but again fantastic.

He is quite hit and miss. But when he hits it is big time.

25. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

What, no "Snatch"? :confused::)

26. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I just remember walking out of "Thelma and Louise" thinking WHO was that? I loved that film---perfectly cast.

27. Aussie Willy

Oh I had totally forgotten about that. He was totally indecipherable in his dialect but pretty amazing. Hilarious.

28. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

What was the name of the movie in which he played Cate Blanchett's husband, and she was shot while they were in a tourist bus? There was a Japanese girl in it. I just can't remember the name.

29. falling_dance

falling_dance Bravo, Patrick.

Babel.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I like most of the movies that he is in, but for some reason I'm always reluctant to see his movies in theaters. I love Meet Joe Black, Inglorious Basterds, and A River Runs Through it especially.