Best combinatio of skaters to achieve great results..

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by eurodance2001, Apr 2, 2013.

1. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

I was thinking imagine if you could combine one skaters raw talent with another skaters resources, work ethic and stable home life? I immediately thought of Tonya Harding's jumping talent combined with Tonia Kwiatkowski's work ethic and her loving family whom supported her? Or Kristi Yamaguchi's competitve instinct with a Josee Chouinard's beauty and programs since she couldn't land a jump in competition? What other could've beens has anyone though up of if you could combine any characteristics??

2. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Czisny + Yu Na's consistency

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Sasha Cohen with Midori Ito's jumps.

Mirai Nagasu's charm and talent with Evan Lysacek's work ethic and consistency.

Takahashi's everything with Oda's knees.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  4. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

I'll go with Sandhu's artistry and Plushenko's nerves of steel. Wow!

5. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Kostner's unmatched skating skills and phenomenal footwork sequences, sophisticated musical interpretation and great ability to emote the moods of her music, charismatic choreography, and strong jump technique + Kwan's dependable consistency, fierce mentality, and strong jump technique + Czisny's incredible spinning ability.

Lambiel's unmatched spinning ability, amazing and versatile musical interpretation, and stunning choreography + Plushenko's natural jumping ability and steely consistency and determination + Chan's superior skating skills + Abbott's beautiful transitions, innovative choreography, and ability to evoke the true emotions of music.

SUPER SKATERS! ;)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  6. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Plushenko's jumps + Takahashi's artistic ability + Lambiel's spins + Chan's skating skills + Abbott's footwork + Czisny's emotion + Yu-na's consistency

7. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Chan's skating skills and Plushenko's jumping consistency.

8. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I love this one : Kostner + Kwan + Czisny !

Also, Midori Ito's jumps + Yuka Sato's skating !

9. Eyre

Eyre New Member

Why should Yu Na need Czisny? She has the best combination within her.:D

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  10. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Meh maybe Kim would take Czisny's spins and spirals (although her own are excellent and score very high as well) but she wouldnt take a single other thing about her skating even on Czisny's best day. Why would she take way weaker jumps, weaker footwork, sometimes empty choreography, very slow skating, and a far more cautious approach.

11. judgejudy27

Chan + Evan Lysacek's consistency. Probably would score 300 points most competitions.

12. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Patrick Chan.

No additional skaters need to be combined, they would only detract from his superiority :EVILLE:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  13. judgejudy27

In the judges eyes this is definitely true. He doesnt even have to skate, just come on the ice wave, and leave, and they would post 180 points for his long program.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

In dance: I-K with V-M's skating skills + D-W's consistency.

15. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

A good combination (I understand that you prefer Takahashi's kind of artistry, not Lambiel's kind of artistry), but, in my opinion, it could do without the two females. Plushenko has consistency (the last Euros don't count, because the problem there was not luck of consistency, but rather his health problems that have finally caught up with him), and Takahashi and Lambiel have enough emotion on their own, while Alissa just smiles most of the time (which is nice, but not a wide range of emotions).

16. museksk8r

I'm very perplexed that some rave about Lysacek's or Kim's consistency when you can count on 1 hand the number of clean competitions they've skated. Lysacek can only count 2010 Olympics, 2009 Worlds, and 2007 Nationals. There was a long period of time when Lysacek was once known as a skater who couldn't skate a clean SP to save his life. Kim can only count 2013 Worlds and 2010 Olympics. Kim has only skated 4 LPs cleanly in her senior career: 2013 Worlds, 2013 Nationals, 2010 Olympics, and 2007 Cup of Russia. Both skated far more flawed programs than they did clean ones. :shuffle: No one's consistency can really match Plushenko or Kwan.

17. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

Midori Ito's jumps + Lucinda Ruh/Stephane Lambiel's spins + Daisuke Takahashi's footwork + Sasha Cohen/Michelle Kwan's spirals + Patrick Chan's transitions + John Curry's artistry + Michelle Kwan's emotive abilities, presence/charisma and consistency + Carolina Kostner's overall skating skills and speed

(optional) Kiira Korpi/Brian Joubert's beauty ;)

18. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Robin Cousin's style and flair + Javier's quads.

Yu-Na toe jumps + Lucinda spins + MK artistry + Sato edge jumps + Sasha flexibility.

19. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

What is your definition of a "clean competition"? If your definition of a clean competition is a competition with no falls, the Lysacek has had many clean competitions. Just counting Lysacek's competitions from January 2009 until 2010 Olympics:

2009 US Nationals: did not have a clean competition, (3rd)
    2009 4CC: both SP and FS skated clean with no falls; landed 4T in FS, (2nd)
    2009 WC: both SP and FS skated clean (1st)
    2009 World Team Trophy: both SP and FS skated clean (2nd SP, 1st FS, team 1st)
    2009 Cup of China:both SP and FS skated clean (2nd)
    2009 Skate America: both SP and FS skated clean (1st)
    2009 Grand Prix Final: both SP and FS skated clean (1st)
    2010 US Nationals: no fall SP, fall in FS (2nd)
    2010 Olympics: clean SP and FS (1st)

Thus, Lysacek skated seven of his last nine competitions with no falls.

20. museksk8r

Under-rotating, singling, or stepping/falling out of a 3Axel is not skating clean. Review his protocols and the videos from 4CC, from those GP events, from the GP Final, and from Nationals. The protocols reflect the -GOE and the under-rotations and the lacking jump rotation. Just because he didn't fall, doesn't mean he was clean in my book. No one in eligible competition plans a single Axel or plans to step/fall out of a 3Axel.

21. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

I have reviewed the protocols and the videos from each of those competitions. Was Lysacek perfect in each competition? No. However, I don't consider negative GOE on an element in a program as a criteria for not skating a clean program. During those events, Lysacek performed at a high level; rarely fell; and placed on the podium.

Since 2006, Lysacek failed to medal in only TWO competitions that he competed in (4th at the 2006 Olympics, and 5th at the 2007 World Championships). Thus, Lysacek had at least a top 5 finish at ALL competitions that he competed in from 2006 to 2010. Not sure about how that rates in "your book." However, in my book, that rates Lysacek as a very consistent competitor.

22. judgejudy27

That is pretty much nobodys definition of a clean program. If it were one could say that Lambiel was clean at the 2010 Olympics for instance. :lol: Kwan would even be clean at the 2002 Olympics as her bum didnt hit the ice on her triple flip. To some a clean program would be:

-No doubled jumps besides the double axel
    -No hand down
    -No two foots
    -No step outs
    -Obviously no falls

To others it would be all those things plus:

-No turn outs
    -No big wobbles or fights to save landings
    -No dropped content

Any program with a single of any sort or a stumble out of a jump is already not clean.

23. judgejudy27

Always placing top 5 is not proof of consistency. Butyrskaya finished top 5 in all but one competition she was in from the 1996 Worlds until finishing 6th at the 2002 Olympics, and she was anything but consistent (and she wasnt even that great aside from her inconsistency to boot). Savchenko & Szolkowy have not missed a Senior podium since the 2006 Worlds, have won 4 Worlds, and their consistency is horrible, with almost no clean competitions, and many epic meltdowns. It is just proof you are a top skater, you get scored as a top skater, you might happen to compete at the time of a weak or inconsistent field in your given discipline, and that others make mistakes as bad or worse than you the times you dont skate well.

That said I was the one who named Lysacek for consistency but the previous poster was probably right and I was probably exagerrating, and thinking too much of just his career peak from the 2009 Worlds to 2010 Olympics.

24. Skater91

Skater91 Member

That still wouldn't fix the fact that Alissas jumps suck. They are small and ugly with no flow or height.

IMO the worst technique of all time!

25. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

About consistency, I wonder how many skaters had perfect performances in their career. And how many perfect performances each of them had. LOL

Well Caroline Zhang's is even worse.

26. Skater91

Skater91 Member

Hahaha yes on the Flip and Lutz! But that isn't much of an achievement. :lol:

27. judgejudy27

Yeah other than some of the spins and the spirals, I cant believe anyone would think Kim would want anything of Czisny's, LOL! Czisny's spins and spirals and Kim's everything else (including consistency) would be another story. That would be a great combination.

28. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

It is the timing. Nobody can be consistent all the time, but Evan's timing proved impeccable. I only wish my favorite skaters could come close to that. Same with Kim, although it's less glaring in her case as when she is on, she has a clear jump advantage; Evan did not. Love him or hate him ( or anything in- between, where I happen to sit), his mind was a mind of a champion. Same with Kim, Plushenko, Yagudin, Kwan ( despite her Olympics) etc.