Best achievements of all time- Ice dance teams

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by kwanoverrated, Sep 1, 2013.

?

Most achieved (medals, titles, record only) team in ice dance all time

This poll will close on May 28, 2016 at 10:18 PM.
  1. Romanova & Roman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pakhomova & Gorshkov

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. Courtney Jones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Towler & Ford

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Westwood & Demmey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Virtue & Moir (if they win everything next year)

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  7. Davis & White (if they win everything next year)

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. Torvill & Dean

17 vote(s)
    24.3%
  9. Klimova & Ponomarenko

10 vote(s)
    14.3%
  10. Gritschuk & Platov

16 vote(s)
    22.9%
  11. Bestiamanova & Bukin

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  12. other (let know who that might be with type)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

Just achievements, and nothing else. No impact or intangible things like that. Another poll did not have Pakky and Gorsh so no good poll.

Pakhomova & Gorshkov- 6 World titles in 7 years, Olympic Gold

Bestiamianova & Bukin- 4 Worlds titles in row, Olympic Gold, 3 World silvers in a row, Olympic silver, 5 European titles in 6 years.

Gritschuk & Platov- 4 World titles in a row, Olympic Gold

Torvill & Dean- 4 World titles in a row, Olympic Gold, Olympic bronze. 4 European titles spread out over 14 years.

Virtue Moir- Since they couldnt seriously be considered now in just achievements lets pretend they win the 2014 Olypmpic and World golds and have 2 Olympic Golds, 3 World golds, 3 World silvers, 1 World bronze and if you would pick them in that case then vote for them on poll.

Klimova & Ponomarenko- 3 World golds in 4 years, Olypmpic Gold, Olympic silver, Olympic bronze, 5 World silvers in 7 years

Romanova & Roman- 4 World titles in a row, before Ice dance in Olympics.

Towler & Ford- 4 World titles golds in a row, before Ice dance was included in Olympics.

Westwood & Demmey- Won first 4 World titles ever held in ice danceing.

Davis & White- since they cant be seriously considered now lets pretend if they win the Olympic, Worlds, and Grand Prix finals next year and have Olympic Gold, Olympic silver, 3 World titles, 2 World titles, and 5 straight Grand Prix final titles facing another all time great.

Courtney Jones- I mean him, not a particular team. Winning 4 World golds, 2 each with 2 different partners, and another couple medals.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  2. lulu

lulu New Member

Grishuk & Platov have two Olympic Gold Medals. :)

3. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

So sorry. I wish I could correct that. I thought they lost to Krylova & Ovsiannikov or Anissina & Peizerat when they tried for their 2nd Olympic Gold. I just looked it up and realize you are right though. I started zoning out of ice dance during the G&P dominance as they are so boring, and began following it closely again after they retired.

4. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Pasha boring :lol:

5. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

I mean I found their skating boring. Her personality was great, but her skating did nothing for me.

6. briantoronto

briantoronto Member

Virtue & Moir can never be the one due to losing Grand Prix final 4 years in a row.

7. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Ugh ouch :eek:

8. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Totally, the grand prix final is like, THE MOST important competition in any skating season :rofl: :rofl:

9. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

:lol:

10. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I find G&P fantastic. They were different from classical ice dancers like K&P, U&Z, etc. who were also my favorites. G&P brought something new to ice dance. I wish they had not split after their second OGM.

11. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I had to vote for G&P if this is only based on the medal record. They were basically completely dominant after U&Z retired, unless there's some competition I'm forgetting about that they lost. If they had stayed after 1998 they might have gone on to win more world titles. They could have even won the 2002 OGM, maybe (definitely the silver or bronze - there's no way they could have lost the bronze to Margaglio's splat).

12. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

You should fix the OP to reflect G&P winning Two Olympics gold medals.

13. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I vote for G&P because Olympic golds are the most important; however I would pick K&P second because they have medals over three Olympics..

14. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

Vote for Ludmilla. It was in a large way her lobbying and commitment that resulted in Ice Dance becoming an Olympic Sport.

No medal or winning of a competition can compete with that IMHO.

15. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I'm curious to hear more about that. :)

16. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

In terms of just achievements and medals:

1. Bestiamanova & Bukin- 4 straight Worlds plus Olympics, combined with all their silvers is the best record.

2. Gritschuk & Platov- 4 straight Worlds and 2 Olympic Golds puts them 2nd best record or even 1st.

3. Klimova & Ponomarenko- Would be 1st if they had won 4 straight Worlds to go with their other achievements, but the loss in 91 bumps them to 3rd.

4. Pakhomova- 6 Worlds plus Olympic Gold

Now if Virtue & Moir win the 2nd Olympic Gold I would put them 3rd over K&P. Then if Davis & White win their 1st Olympic Gold I would put them 4th behind K&P I think.

Torvill & Dean are the best dance team ever but in terms of achievements are only 5th and will probably fall lower whichever of V&M or D&W win Olympics next year.

17. lulu

lulu New Member

I can see an argument made for G&P, K&P and B&B.

With regards to the Olympics, G&P have two Olympic Gold Medals, but K&P have 3 Olympic Medals. Furthermore, While B&B, G&P and K&P all competed at three Olympics, only K&P medaled at all three Olympics (B&B placed 8th in 1980, G&P 4th in 1992).

World Championship Gold Medals: Both B&B and G&P tie with four.

World Silver Medals: K&P have five, followed by B&B with three

Total world Medals: out of their 9 trips to Worlds, B&B medaled 8 times. Out of their 9 times competing at worlds, K&P also medaled 8 times, and out of their 8 times at Worlds, G&P medaled 6 times.

18. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I can see an argument for any of those teams as well. No idea what the large votes for T&D are based upon since the poll stated achievements and not best team ever.