1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Gazzara Dies at 81

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Feb 4, 2012.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

2. Civic

Civic New Member

He was a fine actor and a nice looking man back in the day. I remember him more from the television work he did during the 1970s than from his films. RIP

3. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

He had a good role in Anatomy of a Murder with James Stewart and Lee Remick.

4. emason

emason Well-Known Member

That's the role that always comes to mind when I think of him.

RIP Mr. Gazzara.

5. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

OMG, I just pulled his autobiography off the shelf today. :wideeyes:

A truly brilliant actor :( I raise a glass to him........

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

I can remember seeing An Early Frost on TV in my (very much) younger years. Funny how for some reason I remember that movie, but I had wanted to see it because I had had a "close encounter" with an audio book of Aidan Quinn reading "The Postman Always Rings Twice" and he was in the movie (playng Gazzara's son who had AIDS). I wanted to "put a face to the voice" as it were.

7. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

I always remember Ben for his portrayal of the eville business mogul in the crappy Road House He oozed malevolence...and i mean that in a good way!

8. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Well... that's 2 films of his I've seen. I hated that movie... it started out with a great premise, but then it just got way too violent for my taste - when the one guy ripped the other guy's throat out, that was a bit too much for me. My ex, whose VHS copy was my intro to this film when we watched it one night, used to joke with me when I wanted to watch a movie, but coudn't decide: "we can always watch Road House!"

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Aside from his theatre and film roles, I grew up watching him on "Run For Your Life".
    RIP, to a fine actor, and real "presence"