Belbin & White's Relationship Hits People

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sk9tingfan, May 18, 2010.

1. cheriepopo

cheriepopo New Member

:lol: if you watch his videos during 2006-2007, you'll notice it. but now his mouth looks much much better and nearly hard to notice! :D he IS cute!!!

oh I almost forgot - best wishes to Tanith and Charlie! :D
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Sorry to post off topic, but I just wanted to say that I love using the word adorkable to describe Jeremy. It completely suits him. :lol:
    succubus and (deleted member) like this.
  3. julesgotheblues

julesgotheblues New Member

Best of luck to them, and surely both are professional enough not to let this influence anyhow his on-ice performance. After all, I do want my Meryl and Charlie to keep skating and improving, right?
  4. Eyre

Eyre New Member

:confused: How can you not notice that? I think Jeremy is so cute and so perfect without smile. I almost felt sorry for him for having such defect on his beautiful face. I am wondering if he and his mother ever thought about doing plastic surgery to correct it?
  5. Kaede48

Kaede48 New Member

What the hell is wrong with his mouth? Plastic surgery? WHY? Because he doesn't look as perfect as Ken?
  6. Eyre

Eyre New Member

Hey, just saying. I hope that I didn't touch the sensitive nerves of Jeremy fans. He's my favorite skater too, a little FYI.:lol:

Well, I am so happy for Tanith and Charlie.:D
  7. RockTheTassel

Perhaps it's because I haven't been following Jeremy for as long as some, but I have never noticed this major problem with his mouth. I always thought his smile was slightly awkward but cute. He certainly doesn't need surgery.
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

I find it amusing how this thread plays ping pong between Tanith & Charlie and Jeremy's mouth. :D
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Meryl was dating Ryan Bradley at one point. Don't know if they are still together or not.
  10. *Carol*

*Carol* New Member

I still have no clue about what people are talking about Jeremy's mouth :lol:

Ths is the most nonsence thered evere :lol:
  11. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

Because people are jealous, and are grasping at straws for reasons Tanlie might not work out, to convince themselves that they might have a chance with Charlie in the future, and the only way that will happen is if he doesn't get too serious with Tanith by moving in with her... In other words, complete delusion. Google "queen bee syndrome." It's all subconcious and biological, and most people never realize they're acting this way.
  12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe it was Charlie dream since he start traning with Tanith in one group :lol: I am more interesting, how it will work with D-W team and there work with Sh-Z. If Tanith will not like, what coaches will made for them - will she tell this to her young boy?
  13. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Does anyone have a link or photo with Jeremy on it. I am curious to see what everyone is talking about concerning his mouth.
    Thanks
  14. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Can we quit it with the age discrimination? Tanith is 25, not 75! I see lots of couples out there where the guy is 25 and the girl is 22, and nothing is ever said about it. Yet as soon as it's the other way around, there are all kinds of comments. What gives?
  15. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

16. RockTheTassel

That may be the reason for some, but I don't think that's true for everyone. Plenty of people just don't approve of couples living together, especially when one person is as young as twenty-two. I feel that it is a little young, but that's because I know many people around Charlie's age who aren't ready for that kind of serious relationship (certainly not everyone, though). It has nothing to do with jealousy.

Best of luck to Tanith and Charlie. I do think they genuinely care about each other, and I don't see why it would be awkward now that Tanith is done competing.
  17. *Carol*

*Carol* New Member

18. rhumba

rhumba New Member

Yea, it's kinda awkward when they know each other since he's a kid, maybe 10 or younger, looking up to her as his big sister. Then few years later, he's in her bed. I don't know if I wound want my 21 yo son sleep with an older girl who frequently speaks about her relationships with guys in the press. She also portrayed herself as "high maintenance girl" which prob. the type that he's looking for since his parents are rich, can afford this life style. Well, they deserve each other anyway.
  19. Eyre

Eyre New Member

See the perfect image of him in the first 5 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdL4VR6BNY

Then see this:

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/95...341EBEC7B41C82CF3F7C7D5233FF4E30A760B0D811297

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2010/01/17/abbottx.jpg

http://wintergames.ap.org/images/athletes/200910271128412810293-p2.jpeg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2010/01/17/2010822308.jpg

That said, he is still my favorite skater and I still think that he is cute.
  20. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Did they really know each other that well at that point?

I think about 10-year-old Kulik training in Moscow looking up to then-Olympic champs Gordeeva and Grinkov, and hooking up with her a decade later. Funny how relationships can change over time.
  21. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

That was charming. :rolleyes:

I'm no fan of cohabitation myself, partly because of my religious beliefs and partly for other reasons, but I don't think age has much to do with it as long as they're both legally old enough. And anyway, they didn't ask me.
  22. Antonella

Antonella New Member

C'mon :wall:
  23. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Life is too short. These two seem to be enjoying the moment and that's all that matters really. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they look cute together. :)

http://twitpic.com/1p9n18

Now back to Jeremy's mouth...
  24. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

25. Valentina

Valentina New Member

agree!

now..jeremy's mouth...is thsi a real problem? cuz i just tought that was his sort of special thing, never realize this "problem before"
  26. maggylyn

maggylyn New Member

Eys.

:wall: :wall:
  27. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Thank you all for the photo links of Jeremy.

Back to Tanith & Charlie, I just do not think Tanith has to be so explicit in saying it is so nice to wake up with him in the morning. Fine if everyone knows they are dating but she does not have to talk about her private life to the press. I would not think his parents or hers would appreciate all that info given to the public. She did the same thing with her relationship with Evan.
  28. Wyliefan

Now that is a little bit TMI, I'll grant you.

But I still think some of the attitudes towards her are over the top -- when they get personal about her age and so forth. (I don't mean you, Sandy, but other remarks in this thread.)
  29. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

THIS. :respec:
  30. Sit_spin

Sit_spin New Member

ITA. He's 22, she's 25, they're both old enough to live on their own. Therefore, they're legally old enough to live together. I also am not a big fan of cohabitation, but it's their choice. They haven't broken any laws, so I don't think it's as big of a deal as some people have made it. Oh, and their age gap is not a big gap. My parents are 5 years apart (my Mom is older than my Dad, btw), and they've been married for 27 years, so it obviusly could work. Tanith is in no way a "cougar".

Anyway, I think they're cute together, and I wish them happiness.
  31. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Well-Known Member

ha ha ha.
    I moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) when I was 18. He is 3 years older than me.

No one, not his or my parents or any of our friends thought that odd.

I think it cultural too, in Denmark it is not a big deal. Most people live together if they date seriously.
    Finnice and (deleted member) like this.
  32. Capella

Capella Guest

I don't know. I would think to some parents, it might be a "relief" to know that your figure skating son is sleeping with a hot blond chick.

(Not that there's anything wrong with their son sleeping with a hot blond dude...) ;)
  33. jlai

jlai Title-less

As long as he's not down in the mouth, I'm happy.

Hold your mouth the right way, Jeremy!

Truth be told, I think there's something amiss with our smilie's mouth instead. :D :lol:

Anyway, enough bad mouthing Jeremy. :p
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  34. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

My sentiments exactly.

Clearly, I've missed a few B&A/Tanith interviews because I've never read one where she admits to being high maintenance or even comes across that way. She's dresses well, but doesn't seem to wear designer labels and I've never noticed Tanith wearing designer bags.

So Charlie is 22 and Tanith is 25? Wow that is a huuuuuge age difference. She's practically ready for the nursing home. :p

ITA with those who feel that if the situation was reversed there would be no fuss over the three year difference. Or IMO perhaps if Charlie were dating anyone but Tanith. Three years is nothing and is nowhere near the age difference where one would be considered a "cougar" (a term I find offensive even when there is a larger age difference between any woman and her significant other).
  35. Wyliefan

I'm not very fond of it either.
  36. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Three years for people in their 20s doesn't seem to be the least bit squicky to me, and I also agree with the poster who said nobody would make a thing of it if he were three years older than she is.

I did think that the "wake up" comment was TMI, not that I couldn't have imagined it perfectly well myself, but it also doesn't sound too unusual in an age cohort that seems to share mucho on social networking sites.
  37. cheriepopo

cheriepopo New Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  38. Antonella

Antonella New Member

and wake up most of the tiem means "er just share a bed for a good nigth slpeep BC fells good when you to thta with aperson thta yu care about", Is just a way to say thta they like each other and they are havig a serious relashionship. (I'm sure a mother of 22 yo guys have an idea about what her soon is "doing")
  39. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

I think the waking up next to him comment was sweet. I love waking up next to my boyfriend too. Unless it's at 6AM like this morning.. then I could be waking up next to Josh Duhamel and I still wouldn't like it :lol:
  40. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

It's always better to get married first, but if they don't want to, who cares really? It's not our lives, it's Tanith and Charlie's, and if that makes them happy then fine. They don't strike me as the typical couple who moves in together for a stupid reason like just to save money on rent. They seem very responsible and happy. Why do they have to have "approval" from anyone? It's so silly. Most 22 year old guys aren't ready for a serious relationship, but most guys don't get to date Tanith Belbin. I'm sure that would cause a lot of guys to get serious very quickly. All this talk about her being a cougar is extremely sexist, too. Three years is nothing. Living together is personal, and we as fans don't have a right to say anything until it interferes with their skating, and even then it's not really our business, if they are happy.