Belbin & White's Relationship Hits People

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sk9tingfan, May 18, 2010.

1. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Maybe b/c the press asks her? It's an Oly year, figure skating is a glamour sport, the idea of two rivals dating each other is always a juicy story, so why wouldn't America's biggest gossip magazine want to get the lowdown?

Tanith and Charlie had 2 choices when People called - either refuse comment or talk honestly. Presumably, their agents advised them that the latter was the best option, b/c since their relationship is already public, it would look stupid if they suddenly clammed up, and the fact is, getting publicity in a national mag only increases their visibility, which is a good thing for both of them and their (skating) partners, in the long run.

2. silverstars

silverstars New Member

Why? :confused:

Ben has had a girlfriend for years, and no one really felt bad for Tanith. She and Charlie both seem like really nice people, and they deserve to be happy.

And I think that it is up to Tanith to decide what she does/does not want to talk about with the press. They kept it quiet all season, when it definitely could have been a distraction. She's a really pretty, really talented girl--it isn't exactly a surprise that reporters are interested in her relationships.

3. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Not only may it be good for Tanith&Charlie professionally, as Debbie S says, but for Tanith, it may keep the random guy from hitting on her, knowing she has a serious boyfriend. Which might make life easier.

4. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

I agree with Debbie S and DORISPULASKI.
    Let's face it, no one would want to write about us non-famous souls. However, once you are famous, it is inevitable to avoid the media interest. I don't think they are going around seeking it, because they could have done that a long time ago. It is just that it is out in the open now after all the competing events are over and they would not like to keep it a secret anymore. I think the news just spilled over to the general public and they decided to end the rumors once and for all, in a way. I think the media attention could be good for both of them and their ice dancing partners, considering that it does not take long for skating to go out of limelight after the Olympics. This is especially true for Meryl and Charlie, who hardly got any coverage compared to Evan or Apolo or Lindsey Vonn…no major talk shows or anything like that….it has been pretty low key for them for the most part.
    I think they are both very intelligent people and have probably handled this the best they could. It is a good thing they are from Michigan and not California or they'd have paparazzi too.

5. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

I tell people about my boyfriend if they ask.. why would we expect differently from them just because they're "famous"? They aren't really even all THAT famous :lol:

6. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

I think I just creamed myself. :encore::p:swoon::lol:

7. museksk8r

Bite your tongue! If men could procreate together, their babies would be beautiful, just like they are! ;)

centerpt1 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Valentina

Valentina New Member

You should say " I don't talk aboyt my personal life!"

whats wrong about telling people about your BF or GF? If is an important thing to you, you shoud "anounce". Isn't what we all do to our parents and friends? The fact that they are a bit famous (at leats on the skating world) come public and admit their ralashionship is perfectly normal and good.

9. reese

reese Well-Known Member

You don't know that People magazine came to them. Tanith or Charlie's agents could have gone to People. That kind of thing happens all the time. Staying in the press is important, especially for Tanith going forward with a professional skating/commentating/modeling career.

10. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Haha I'm sure they would.. I just didn't want people to get confused as to whom I was talking about :lol:

Tanith and Charlie need a name.. TanChar? :p

NO WAIT! CharliTan!

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Charlith.

12. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I was going to recommend that one. I like it. :lol:

13. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

ITA. I grown weary of even taking part in B&A threads since every thread leaves the opportunity for some to turn them into a why Tanith is an eville manipulator discussion.

I remember at the beginning of the season when her relationship with Charlie was first talked about. Some people actually suggested that perhaps Tanith or even Natalia Linichuk sent Tanith to Charlie in order to distract him. :rolleyes:

Since when does Tanith promote all her boyfriends in the press? C'mon people. Really? The whole Evan thing was more USFS and the only people I saw discuss her and Fedor were in the skating world.

But why pass up another chance to slam Tanith Belbin?

14. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Two talented, beautiful, successful and smart people who have been together for a long time publicly acknowledge their relationship as they are about to move in together. What negativity can there possibly be? Best of luck to them!

15. Atena

Atena New Member

Charlith...cute

I don't get either, people can be relly negative wehen they want (and wehen ist about belbin...they are!)

I think they look cute and beatifull together, and they semes to be really happy, so best of the luck to them!

carolina and (deleted member) like this.
  16. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Disgruntled Ben/Tanith shippers who forget he has a long-term girlfriend?

17. Valentina

Valentina New Member

18. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

Tan-ite?

19. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

You got that 1/2 right. I think Jeremy is a very talented skater but he's not very good looking IMO, esp his mouth.

20. *Kim*

*Kim* New Member

but he is kind of cute http://www.lifeskate.com/.a/6a00e54f7ecf2c8833012876a7aebf970c-800wi

but the bady would have thta italian look thta ladies love it (Check it out the italian national soccer team is the worlds soccer cup!) haha

21. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

Is the age difference really that big of a deal? If the guy were older and the girl were younger, nobody would care about ages.

22. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

It's not, IMO. Some of the comments in this thread are :rolleyes:

Cute interview. They both seem very happy.

23. museksk8r

You just have bad taste! :p I find Jeremy sexy and adorable. :swoon:;)

24. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

"Family friendliness"?

25. dots

dots Well-Known Member

...at the very least good friends. If only my friend would let me sit on his lap too :lol:

26. jlai

jlai Title-less

He looks very nice in some photos. Back in 2008-9 season when he won the gpf, a poster said the little girls at his/her rink were gushing over how cute he was. Even I, who wasn't a little girl at the time, thought his hairdo made him look good. :)

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  27. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

I always knew I liked her. I recognize another 'manipulator' when I see one.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I think his awkwardness is exactly what makes him adorable.

I also thought he was :smokin: at SOI, but that may be because I have a SERIOUS THING for quiet, shy, awkward guys wearing eyepatches and quasi-bondage gear and shaking their booties. :eek:

29. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Adorkable?

30. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

:cheer: