Belbin & White's Relationship Hits People

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sk9tingfan, May 18, 2010.

1. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

http://www.people.com/people/articl...Top Headlines)&utm_content=Google Feedfetcher

"They've known each other for more than a decade, having both trained in the Detroit area. But the fireworks ignited only last June. "After that, we did every form of communication – cell, texting, Facebook," says White.

White's skating partner, Davis, was apprehensive at first. "She was concerned about how we would handle competitions," White says. "But Meryl saw that I was there to skate my best and that's what I would concentrate on."

"Now, White and Belbin are perfecting a new routine – daily life together. They share a hotel room on tour and are openly affectionate in public. Belbin, who once dated Evan Lysacek (and for whom both are rooting on Dancing with the Stars), may retire from competitive skating this year. She also plans on moving to Ann Arbor, Mich., to live with White, who will continue to compete with Davis. "

2. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Much happiness to them.

3. neptune

neptune Well-Known Member

This is indeed disturbing news. I mean, if Belbin & White's relationship hits people, then I would have to consider it an abusive one. ;)

4. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

It sounds awefully awkward. I mean, they were competing against each other. Ben could be forgiven for wondering how this could have affected Tanith's performance.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

Tanith has had relationships with both Evan and Fedor. Maybe Charlie is Mr. Right for her, or maybe Mr. Right Now. Time will tell.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think it awefully awkward relate to Ben Agosto. He work so hard, had a seriose back injury, move to Linichuck and then his patner fall in love with his maine competitior and he took only 4th place at OG :( I heard at OG at USA house after FD it was only D-W< S-B and Tanith - Ben wasnt there :(
    And i feel like Tanith need to have a new relationship and promote her at press.
    But this relationships motivated Meryl and i think at next season she bring Charlie on first place at WCh.
    Hope Tanith and Charlie will be happy together ;)

7. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Meryl is the odd man out in this, Ben has had a serious girlfriend for years- whom I am sure is perfectly ok with the fact that beautiful Tanith is interested in another man, and not Ben who she spends so much time with. I have wondered if the Meryl/Jeremey Abbott twitters and photos and what not are somewhat fueled by Meryl wanting someone other than Charlie (and tanith) to "partner" up with on tour... drama! haha

8. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

They make the cutest couple. Happiness to them!

:cheer:

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Meryl at least have a silver medal ;) I think Jeremy is lke a girlfriend for her- maybe its funny to spend with him time in tour. I saw him a lot off times in Massimo Scally company ;)

Overall i cant understand why if they are dating only 1 year she must so much talk about this realationships?

This all remind me G-P with U-Zh situation before 1994 OG

10. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Tanith looks like she could be Charlie's older sister!! I just cannot see them as a couple.

If I were Charlie's mom, I do not know how I would feel reading that article about my son!

11. MikiAndoFan#1

I heard they were gay.

12. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

They can share bottles of Ultress :saint: :2faced:.

13. Valentina

Valentina New Member

Sure, 50 years old Tanith is dating a 16 years old Charlie, what a horrible thing! she just wants to promote herself cuz she is not beatiful and smart do get thta by herself...

I think they look so and beatifullcute together and they semes to be very happy, i wish them the best. Tey are both grow up and I' sure they know what they are doing, and i guess Meryl and Ben are ok with this, at leats Ben sems to be.

Also i wish the best for both teams!

14. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I have always wondered about this.... Ben's gf must be a VERY secure woman. :scream:

15. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Who did you hear is gay?

16. *Kim*

*Kim* New Member

I always wondered that too, well I thimk she is now but must be hard at the begening of the relationship :shuffle: BTW she and Ben are really cute together.

I wish Tanith and Charlie to be happy, they are cute together and their age difference is NOT that big. When i read comments about ages i just want to :scream::duh: people have such a tiny mind.

17. MikiAndoFan#1

Jeremy and Massimo.

18. *Kim*

*Kim* New Member

Massimo Scali maybe? cuz Jeremy and charlie don't look like :swoon:

19. MikiAndoFan#1

Someone told me that Jeremy and Massimo were a couple.

20. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

If they procreate they will have very pretty babies. Tanith and Charlie I mean.. not Massimo and Jeremy :p

21. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

You're wrong. Tanith went to USA House for the party. There were articles at the time about how she took photos so that Meryl and Charlie would be able to have a record of things. Ben didn't go to USA House because he wanted to get a little rest before going to the Today Show set at 2 or 3 am.

carolina and (deleted member) like this.
  22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, i mean Ben wasnt there, when all others was.

23. LaLola

LaLola New Member

I wish them nothing but the best. Love is a wonderful gift and their relationship seems to be real. Only thing I'm worried about is that Tanith could decide to end her career just because of Charlie as she wants to move back to his area.

24. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Tanith and Ben will be going on as professional skaters and for that they do not need Linichuk on a day-to-day basis (or maybe any basis - they can choreograph themselves or find other choreographers to experiment a little) so moving back to Michigan may not be much of an issue. I can't see why Ben would want to stay in Delaware except for eligible training either. MIchigan is very much a training base for them so going back won't be uncomfortable at all.

For me their placemat at Vancounver sort of bookmarked the end of their eligible career but they certainly will have professional opportunities. If they do continue to compete though, I don't think it will be for very long unless something changes dramatically for them.

Linichuk has also taken on a new couple (see the Russian update thread on FSU) so I'm guessing that she isn't planning on focusing on them quite as much going forward.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  25. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Ok maybe I feel a little bad for ben...

26. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Yeah, this thread title is cracking me up. I keep picturing Tanith & Charlie going around hitting people on the head and yelling, "Hey! We're in a relationship!" :rofl:

Aaaaand I think I need to go get some sleep now.

27. neptune

neptune Well-Known Member

:) Maybe Tanith & Ben could have learned a thing or two from Tanith & Charlie. I mean, if they'd taken such a hard-sell approach with their ice dancing, perhaps T&B would be world or Olympic champs by now. :D

28. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

How do we know Ben isn't at the game, too? Or that Ben even likes basketball? It always amazes me how people find a way to turn completely innocuous things into something negative. Some of the responses in this thread are just sooooo :rolleyes:

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think if people love each other they dont need talk about this everywhere (especially in People) - this is very privet things in my opinion.
    But tanith all time prefer talk about her boyfriends in press - i dont know why.

30. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Yes- I agree Pani. I don't think anyone is trying to make it a negative thing- I think people are just poking fun at the situation a bit- which broadcasting your relationship through people magazine opens you up for (this coming from someone who adores them both, and has not been bothered with their keeping their relationship quiet)