Becky Bereswill switching to Yuka & Jason

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by OrioleBeagle, May 4, 2011.

1. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

At the end of an article on line about the ice dancers in Canton (Detroit Free Press) it stated that Becky Bereswill is returning to singles and will be training with Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen.

2. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

These two are becoming something of an "it" coaching team. I'm pleased though. :)

3. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Wow, everyone is going to Yuka and Jason. :D Good luck, Becky!

4. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

:)

5. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Agnes Zawadski go too!

6. hirshey girl

hirshey girl Well-Known Member

That is something I would love to see as well. :D Keeping fingers crossed that Agnes goes elsewhere. I think she has a lot of potential and would love to see Yuka's influence on her programs.

Sounds like Yuka and Jason are getting a lot of attention after helping Czisny turn her skating around. Good for them!

7. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

And, IMO, they deserve every bit of attention they get. I also hope Agnes goes there. She seems to be enormously talented.

8. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

I would love to see Brandon Mroz go there as well!

9. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

Actually, I agree that I'd like to see Agnes go somewhere else, I just wonder why she should go there when everyone else is.

I'd like to see how Alexe and Becky do before we conclude that Yuka and Jason (wonderful as they are) are magicians.
    Plus, Agnes and her mother moved to CO a few years ago-another move may not be an option ATM.

10. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

ITA, I get the impression the Zawadzki's are not in the same position that a lot of U.S. skaters are financially, and that moving would be really tough. That having been said, I really wish there were some way Zawadzki could move to someone else!

11. Marroncream

Marroncream Active Member

Brandon Mroz should go to Frank Carroll. Then he is going to be a U.S. champion.
    Just saying. ;)

12. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

I'm just glad that everyone hasn't forgotton Mroz. He did well on the GP last year. (I thought Mroz didn't care to share training ice with Abbott-so Sato's a no go)

I thought Becky was going to try Ice Dance? I still recall her JGPF win. She was beautiful. I wish her luck.

Yuka and Jasaon are going to have two of the tallest girls in Alexe and Becky.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It's a real shame that Pairs didn't work out for Becky. But she's just so tall.

Btw, when did she and her partner (forgot his name :eek:) split?

Good luck to her but her jump technique is even more :yikes: than Alissa's so fixing it is going to be very hard. Having said that, nobody would have expected Czisny to move from a disaster season to becoming a GPF winner so who knows. :)

14. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

^IIRC, Becky and Trevor Young (yay! I forgot last night) split right after Nationals.

15. Flying Camel

Flying Camel Member

Maybe Ashley Wagner should give them a try.

16. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Becky needs to gain some muscle to get some elevation on those jumps. Lovely girl, but I hold my breath watching her.

17. Ageless

Ageless Member

Aren't there other coaches in Colorado Springs that Agnes (and Branden) could work with besides Tom Z? Isn't Christy Krall out there?

18. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

Christy Krall and also Damon Allen, who works with Lauren Dinh.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, she really is scarily thin and her jumps are tiny (but I would guess that most of the problem lies with poor jump technique)

20. Leeedward

Leeedward New Member

But what a ravishing beauty she is! Would that she had Kostner's skating skills and Rachel's consistancy... How spectacular would that be?

21. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

I haven't! I'm a fan.