"Be Good Johnny Weir" Season 2 debuts on Logo TV on Sept. 17

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Sylvia, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Bump up for tonight!

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Johnny will be tweeting with fans during the show on @LogoTV hashtag #johnnyweir

4. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

decided to watch reruns later or in the next days

5. lawcat

lawcat Member

That was pretty painful. Singing?! And bad idea to sing "Dirty Love" to an audience full of really young kids. He seems sort of lost to me, but I liked what he had to say about "coming out" and why he decided to talk about his sexuality in his book. Hopefully the remaining episodes will be a little better.

6. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

You couldn't tell by the singing but the lyrics to Dirty Love are definitely PG rated, the song is about the love/hate relationship he has with the media. There is actually a video on YouTube of Johnny singing at a Korean fan gathering where he sings pretty much in tune, unfortunately Dirty Love wasn't.

7. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I skimmed through the first two episodes and was pretty disappointed in the format of the new season. In its original incarnation, BGJW had almost a hidden camera feel to it, sort of like eavesdropping into Johnny's life or as if we were peering into his room through a key hole. He was living his life and we just happened to be along for the ride.

Sadly, the current format is the typical, contrived, formulaic, scripted reality show style, with far too many soliloquies into the camera, and just a little bit too much trying to hard. Not to mention too much Tara. :shuffle:

8. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I'm a Johnny fan and wasn't into this new season's episode. Too much about fame etc., I know he's just about always into fame but this was too much, not enough about the skating and it seems Johnny lost some of his cool personality.

9. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

There will be less skating in the new season since Johnny wasn't competing or training while the show was being filmed. The whole idea behind the second season is Johnny trying to find himself outside of skating.

10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yes! I really felt that change. The original documentary was the best, the first season of the show was very good, and this season is just a typical reality show where it's "let's have a meeting and pretend I just got this idea to produce an ice show/write a book/record a song and am telling you about it for the first time."

It makes sense in a way, because he's really not just living his usual training life this season, and they need to set up each new experience. Hopefully when they start showing him training for this season (I guess that will be during Season 3), it'll be more natural again.

11. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

OMG, watching Johnny and the little girl with cancer whose last wish was to meet Johnny brought tears to my eyes. RIP Michelle

12. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

I wish someone would post clips to YouTube. Don't get the cable network that his show airs on :-(

13. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

14. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

Can't watch it outside of the US. Story of my life.

15. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

He's a fun, likeable person but these episodes - book tour, pro skating shows - aren't as compelling as an athlete preparing for a comeback against difficult odds. I'd really like to see him putting together his programs and training.

The brief segment with the Australian diver and the young girl with cancer have been the highlights so far.

16. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

I haven't minded it (I downloaded it from pirate bay.. forced to break the law!!!) I would like to see more skating, but, its about him not skating. I do tend to like trashy reality tv, so, its good for me.

17. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Johnny actually finished filming the season before he decided to return to competition so unfortunately we will not see him making that decision or putting together programs.

18. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I think it's fun except for the fur references.

19. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

The last two episodes air this Monday, supposingly the season finale shows Johnny meeting his future husband.

20. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

So this season only had 8 episodes? :(

21. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Season one was also only eight episodes but whereas Sundance only showed one episode a week, Logo chose to show two a week.

22. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

Oooh ok! So a lot of this season was about creating his Spectacular show... did anything ever come of that?? Or what happened?

23. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

No, this season has 10 episodes total, the last two were recently posted on Logo TV's website.

24. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Once Tara and Johnny agreed where to hold the show, Johnny changed his mind again and insisted it be in New York. Tara told Johnny they would have to delay the show due to lack of planning time. Johnny then decided to return to competition so that ended all discussions.