Battle of the Blades Season 3: The Finale!

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by NarumiAyane, Nov 12, 2011.

1. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

2. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

Don Cherry will be the third judge.

3. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

The good news is that the judges won't give any scores this week - the choice is left with the votes from the fans.

4. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

but, but, but I thought I read somewhere on here (FSU) that Shae Lynn was going to be a judge later this season. Isn't this the final week? and if so, then why Don and not SL? Just curious ...
    Could I be hopeful that Shae Lynn would replace JR this week?

5. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Article on Bryan Berard: Figure skates a battle for ex-NHLer Berard
    :respec:

6. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

"Iconic Canadian ice hockey commentator Don Cherry will join Head Judge Sandra Bezic and Resident Judge Jeremy Roenick on the judging panel on BATTLE OF THE BLADES for the Season 3 finale."

No hope.

7. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's heresy to say as a Canadian, but I'm so very much done with Don Cherry, and had hoped he wouldn't appear on the show this year. I understand he brings in the viewers and thus he's on every year, but still. :p

Desperado and (deleted member) like this.
  8. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

I would imagine the lack of a response to that statement means there is agreement to it. He dosen't bother me so much, likely because of his age. I would probably be less forgiving of a thirty year old making some of his comments.

Now, who is going to win? :)

9. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Cherry's just a blowhard who I usually ignore.

10. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

11. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

They didn't replay that bit at the very end of Tessa and David's routine. Was it truly a stumble?

12. Really

I think David was a bit off balance yes, but after the way they finished that program, I'm not surprised! She just flew!

13. Really

I've enjoyed Marie-France and Bryan so much through this series. I think I'll be voting for two teams tonight and I'll be happy if either wins.

14. Anemone

Anemone Active Member

I've enjoyed all three performances so far tonight, but I think Tanith & Boyd's is my favourite so far. Tessa & David were fun to watch, but I felt like I was watching a series of tricks, not a program.

15. Really

Boyd is by far the best skater of the hockey players, but they just don't draw me in the way the other two teams do. Sandra obviously prefers them.

16. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

I'm a bit stumped. I like all of them, for different reasons. I give Tessa a lot of credit for doing all she has, but if they win, it's three times running for pairs over dance. Any future dancers might not want to be involved if they think there's no chance. But I also like Marie France, and Boyd!

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  17. liv

liv Well-Known Member

And I'm the opposite. Tanith and Boyd draw me in more than the other 2, lol!

I said a few weeks ago I didn't like MarieFrance and Bryan, but I changed my mind a couple of weeks ago.

they're all good. they've all done a great job this season.

18. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

I think I'm going to split my votes between the two dance teams and hope that one or the other of them will win.

Jamie & Jessie are "in the house" cheering on David and she posted this photo: http://lockerz.com/s/155993559

Living in Ottawa I also have a bit of a soft spot for the charity that Marie-France & Bryan are skating for.

19. Anemone

Anemone Active Member

Well, Ron wins for most absurd joke of the evening. :rolleyes:

20. Really

Loved David and Tessa's second number -- The Tragically Hip one where Tessa wore the dress. I think it was a wise decision to select two pieces that showed alternately the power and the tricks, and then the softness and elegance. What was really neat was to see how even more comfortable Tessa has become way up in the air. The girl has guts!

21. Really

Skaterboi for Marie-France & Bryan's second number. Good fun. Sandra said they brought the greatest range of emotion to their programs over the course of the 8 weeks. Bryan's probably the weakest skater of the three who are left, but he's shown a performance quality that has just been a great deal of fun to watch develop!

22. Really

Boyd and Tanith -- Jar of Hearts. Sandra is raving about them. They skate well, but...it's a visceral reaction from me, and it probably doesn't make any sense to the purists out there, but...

I can say that the improvement in all three teams throughout the course of the 8 weeks has been so much fun to watch! This *is* my favourite non-eligible skating show!

23. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

Still haven't made up my mind. :(

24. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I give a slight edge to Tanith and Boyd but all 3 teams were my favourites over the season so I would be happy with any of them winning. :D

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

Boyd probably is the better skater of the 3 non-pros. But I prefer either Marie-France or David to win.

26. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Jeez, you think Sandra (and thus JR) want Tanith and Boyd to win?

I'm so torn on Tessa and David. I think the guys have such an easier job as far as performing goes, because their partner sells the program so much. David picks up the slack a bit, but I just think she still has such a harder job than the boys. So while I'm disappointed in them as a team (too much S&P pro-career feel, mehhhh), I still am just blown away by her more than the others. Their second number was lovely, and I wish they'd done more like that during the show, or more spunky like the Halloween number.

I loved Ron's Rob Ford joke. :lol:

27. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I don't know what it is about Marie-France but damn she is good!!! :D Tessa has also been so cool this season. What her and David have done is really awesome and I hope next season we have another girl hockey player compete. It brought a whole new dimension to the season.

28. Anemone

Anemone Active Member

I'll agree - I enjoyed seeing a female hockey player. What would be really nice would be if they could have even more than one next season.

29. ildah

ildah New Member

Well, if it's really up to the voters, then I think Tessa and David will win. However, I'm thinking MF and Bryan will get a lot of votes and perhaps split the vote in favor of Taneth and Boyd (as I think happened in BOTB #1)
    Interesting that the '3 couples in the final' format has been kept for the last 2 years after happening in the first year by accident, so to speak. Gives the show more flexibility for bringing back or keeping one couple for the extra week OR is it that IF they stuck to the original intended finale format for subsequent years it might put the result of series #1 forever in a questionable light? Reminder to self: it's a reality show, not the Olympics.:rolleyes:

30. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

That's how I saw it too.

I wondered what Don would do to Ron after the show (given Cherry's support of Rob Ford). :rolleyes: