battery question

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Goofy question here ... I have a garage remote control that's has battery placement positions marked - and +. Do I place the battery so that the + is touching the post marked + (upside down)? Or does the + go facing up on the side marked + and the - facing up on the - side?

It's not just a matter of trying it to see as there are few other variables here, not to mention the fact that the tiny screwdriver that opens the thing lives here at the office but the remote is for home ...

TIA

2. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Line up the plusses and minuses for that specific side. The most things that have two or more batteries will have one side with plus at the top, and the other with plus at the bottom. Make sure you're looking at the right battery compartment. The flat part of the battery is the minus and goes where it's labeled minus.

3. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Sorry, that doesn't answer my question at all. But I'm not sure I was clear.

The battery compartment is marked + on the left and - on the right. So do the batteries go with the + facing up on the left and - on the right? Or the other way around so that the + on the battery is touching the + on the remote? Either marking would seem to make sense.

"Line up the plusses and minues" is meaningless in this situation. These are flat watch-type batteries that sit flat on the remote bed. There are no corresponding marks on the other side.

I know which terminals on the batteries are + and -, that's not the problem.

4. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Knowing me, I'd try both orientations. :shuffle: Since it's not like, a car battery, it wouldn't explode on you if it was wrong.