Baseball 2012!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PrincessLeppard, Jan 7, 2012.

1. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

:drama: Nobody understands my beard lust.

The fact that Ryan Vogelsong is injured on Day 2 of spring training doesn't bode well for the Giants....

:wuzrobbed

2. PrincessLeppard

Am I talking to myself in here? :fragile:

Ryan Braun's suspension was overturned. I hope that was the right decision.

3. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Vogy's injury isn't a good sign for him, but the team is fine. Pablo came back from Venezuela crushing the ball, our young SS Brandon Crawford looks like a hitter now, Buster is looking great, plus we have 3 decent hitters fighting for the 1B job. And it's spring, everyone is in first place!

4. PrincessLeppard

But now Timmy is sore, too. :wuzrobbed

Though apparently my bearded husband is throwing well and without pain. :grope:

5. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

It concerns me. He fought the ruling on administrative grounds and it was overturned on those grounds alone. Doesn't mean he wasn't using. At the very least I guess procedures will be tightened up but I expect he'll be under a microscope.

6. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Yeah, I feel the same way. He may find this season to be more trying than he anticipated because the doubts about his actual test are still there even though he won the case.

All my Reds are in Arizona now and Joey Votto is all ready sporting his stubbly, smoking hot look that is usually reserved for later in the season. Yum.... :swoon:

7. PrincessLeppard

I put that guy on my fantasy team, Heather. He better not mess it up. :mad:

;)

8. HeatherC

Aww, I knew you were a smart one! ;) He's been on my fantasy team for the last three years and he's never let me down so I think you'll be happy with him. Who else did you get for your team? I didn't know anyone else here was playing so I'm excited to have a fantasy baseball person to talk to this season. :biggrinbo

9. PrincessLeppard

I mainly just pick players I like. :shuffle: But I needed a first baseman, and I remembered you babbling about him, so I picked him. :)

10. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

I got momentarily confused when my mom sent me an email with the subject "Rollins leads off Wednesday vs FSU" :lol:

Yay for spring training games about to start! :cheer: Saturday we get out first televised game.

11. PrincessLeppard

The Giants are webcasting an intra-squad game today. Trying to figure out how to work it into my lesson plans :sekret:

I thought I'd missed it. It's tomorrow. Wheee!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  12. JeffClair1979

JeffClair1979 Active Member

Heading off to Mets spring training tomorrow! I'll keep you all posted- hopefully I can sneak out of my office from time to time and catch a game or two. It would be a shame to travel all that way just to rot in a ballpark office, wouldn't it! :D

13. PrincessLeppard

A swarm of bees stopped the Giants game today for 41 minutes.

I hope it's not an omen. :D

At least it wasn't locusts....

14. milanessa

I knew there was something hiding in that beard.

15. PrincessLeppard

:drama: He wasn't even playing.

16. KHenry14

Actually, it was 1945, Tigers and Hank Greenberg won in 7 games. Itr was the last WS the Cubs have played in....:rolleyes:

17. PrincessLeppard

The Beard pitched today. :) One inning. Nine pitches. One hit. Six pitches for strikes.

:cheer2:

18. KHenry14

And most importantly, he hit 94 mph on his fastball. :D

19. JeffClair1979

JeffClair1979 Active Member

Hi All from Port St Lucie. I feel bad I have not had any Mets voids to contribute- I'm in the executive offices all day- I haven't even seen a game and I've been here 2 weeks! Then again, considering how our games are going, I guess I can wait til the regular season LOL Heading back to NYC tomorrow, but if I DO have any voids, I'll let you know!

20. PrincessLeppard

Saw The Beard pitch today. :grope: Also, Tim Lincecum and Javier Lopez. :swoon:

Off to second game of the day in a few. :)

21. HeatherC

I guess it was inevitable that my Reds couldn't stay in their protective injury-free bubble forever but finding out our new closer Ryan Madson has to have Tommy John surgery was bad news that I did NOT need to hear this weekend. The poor guy is devastated that he won't be able to help his new team this year and now we have to figure out who's closing games for us this season. Oy. Hopefully that's the only injury we have for the rest of spring training and the bullpen is still fine. :wall: :fragile:

22. BelleBway

I was so sorry to hear this as well. I've followed Madson since he was a rookie and he's done a lot for the Phillies- I was sad to see him go but hoping he'd do an awesome job. I guess I'm glad in retrospect that we didn't sign him since we already have a couple of our key guys injured :shuffle:, but overall, I'm really bummed for him.

23. milanessa

Did you spend time in Port St Lucie last year?

24. HeatherC

The Reds are about thisclose to signing my fave guy Joey Votto to a long term extension of some sort and make him a Red for life. :D HOLY CRAP, please let this happen before I head to GABP tomorrow night for our Spring Showcase exhibition game so I can scream my head off even more for him and the other guys! :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2:

25. PrincessLeppard

I thought it was a done deal?

The Giants locked up Matt Cain for five years. And their team plane has a beard on it. :)

26. HeatherC

Well, the talking baseball heads all think it's a done deal but we Reds fans are waiting to hear from our actual GM, owner, and the player himself before we start jumping up and down about anything, LOL :lol:

27. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I watch CTV Toronto for my news as CTV Northern Ontario just plain sucks anymore. Anyway...Lance Brown announced it as a done deal for Joey last night, so I'm assuming it is.

Sportsnet's been doing Jays Up Close the last month and we saw one on the weekend that had Dad and I just killing ourselves laughing at. Buck Martinez went out fishing for snapper w/Jose Bautista and Ricky Romero and...Well... The sea was way too rough once they got out, so they decided to go back close to shore. The boys had decided to take a nap on the way out, so Buck was showing them laid out on the couch in the cabin and saying, "This is no longer the "Fishing w/the Jays" show, but the "How to nap like the Jays" show."

Then when they finally get the lines in the water, Buck's the only one to catch anything and it wasn't too much to boast about either. Maybe the length of his hand. Maybe. To say Ricky and Jose had a blast giving him a hard time over that is an understatement. :D

No Jays tonight, but Sportsnet West is showing the Cards vs the Marlins. So Dad'll be happy there's *some* Baseball on. :)

The most important thing though? W/the exception of the A's and Mariners who already started their Seasons, the rest of our teams are all Number One at the moment. :D

28. HeatherC

29. PrincessLeppard

I hope, for your sake :p, that he doesn't pull a Barry Zito and just suck money out of the club while, well, just generally sucking.

I saw a quote that said something like Barry is the most expensive batting practice pitcher ever.

Which, from what I saw at spring training, continues to be true. :scream: He was trying to mimic Tim Lincecum's pitching motion. It wasn't pretty.

30. BelleBway

While I'd really rather not be sick... if I have to be sick, it might as well be a day when opening day baseball will be on my TV!

We have a TV at work so I could have watched it in the office, too.