Baseball 2012!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PrincessLeppard, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Jim Leyland? Wasn't he the manager of The Pirates who the Braves beat in the NLCS two years in a row? :saint: :p

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

:wuzrobbed Yes. I still remember Andy Van Slyke just sitting in center field after they lost the second time. :fragile:

3. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I must have missed that as I was more focused on Sid Bream and his broke-down knees giving it his all to score and the team pile-up when they won.

4. PrincessLeppard

Andy was a totally hottie. :grope: So, you know, that's kind of where I focused my attention..... :shuffle:

Sadly, his son Scott, who plays for the eville Dodgers, inherited his father's gorgeous eyes, but not his fantastic physique. And butt. Andy had a nice ass. ;)

5. PrincessLeppard

This series is going to be the death of me.

Go Giants! :cheer2:

6. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

PL, if it makes you feel any better, I'm pulling for the Giants this go around :D .

7. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

So it's all up to tonight, eys?

8. PrincessLeppard

Does anyone here know CPR? Or have smelling salts handy? I know somewhere earlier in this thread, I would be fine with just the Giants even making it to the post-season. I didn't expect them to go this far with all the chaos of the year.

I am not going to survive tonight.

;)

9. purple skates

Clutch your Beard doll and all should be fine! :)

10. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Just watch the debate, PL. Less stress. ;)

11. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

well I want the Giants to win too :D

but only because it will give the Tigers better odds to win the world series :scream:

12. PrincessLeppard

Possibly. :p

Should I just vomit now and get it over with? Gah. Life was so much easier when I was an Astros fan. ;)

13. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Play baaaaaaaaall.

14. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I wish it wasn't just the third inning. Bad memories from the Nats game. :yikes:

15. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Game is ... interesting ...
    That is all ... :D

16. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Princess could not have as much angst over the game than the two idiots in the bakery today that were outlining all the reasons that St. Louis lost and they need to tell the players to grow up. Play injured. I was trying to get out of the store before they started to throw bread around. :)

17. purple skates

Congrats PL! Now, GO TIGERS!!!!!!

18. PrincessLeppard

19. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Giants vs Tigers - woot!!! :cheer2:

That rain looked downright tropical downpour. :eek:

20. PrincessLeppard

It does. And Angel Pagan's wife still looked absolutely gorgeous even when soaking wet. I hate her. :drama:

21. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

This totally made up for the Yankees getting swept. WOOOHOO! Bay Area is celebrating!!!

22. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

:cheer2: Though now that I know the World Series will include two teams I neither care about nor hate, I think I can finally sign off on the 2012 season.

Enjoy the World Series!

23. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Go Giants!

24. PrincessLeppard

I was watching all the "experts" last night, and they seemed to think Detroit is going to just sweep this thing. Now that's certainly possible, the Giants have played three super tense games (well, maybe not the last one ;) ), but it's not like no one has ever beat Verlander before. He got his head beat in in the All-Star game (this is pretty much the only time I've seen him pitch), and when I looked at his record, he does indeed have some losses. Detroit also got into the play offs by winning the fewest games, so it isn't like they've dominated all season.

Why do people think the Giants are going to be so easy to beat? (my personal opinion is that the starting pitching is shaky, and that's supposed to be our strong point. But Cain wasn't sharp last night, Bumgarner has been terrible and Zito is bi-polar in his pitching. And they need to leave Tim in the bullpen. He has been magnificent there.)

25. purple skates

The Tigers have peaked at the right time. Their starting pitching has been awesome, and their big bats (which were pretty silent earlier in the season) have woken up recently. The line up is dangerous, as far as home runs go. Plus, even though Papa Grande has been stuggling, others in the bullpen have picked things up (although I would guess the bullpen is the weakest part of the team).

26. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

If there's something we've learned, especially since the wild card came into play in the mid-1990s, it's that the baseball postseason is completely unpredictable. The Tigers have looked strong, but will be coming off a very long break, not always good for a team that's in peak form. The Giants have either exhausted themselves or gotten on a roll. Or neither. We'll know for sure by the end of the month... ;)

I'll admit I was kind of pleased to see the Cardinals' season end on a popout, also known as an infield fly :D. It certainly seems right.

27. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

I'm thrilled the Giants prevailed over the Cardinals! But now that we're to the World Series, I'll revert to cheering for one of my two childhood favorites, the Tigers! (Reds were the other) Sorry PL.

28. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Not to mention that there were a lot of Giants on that All Star team. Didn't both Melky and Sandoval hit against Verlander?

29. PrincessLeppard

30. purple skates

Trust me. What you saw at the All-Star Game was not the usual Verlander.