Baseball 2012!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PrincessLeppard, Jan 7, 2012.

1. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Tigers in the World Series in 2006..... :lynch:

2. Seregil

Seregil New Member

Nats can still come back. Not this game probably, but it's a best of five series. They owned the best record during the regular season, didn't they? Although, I recall hearing recently that most of the last several World series winners were wild cards, so owning the best record doesn't matter. What matters is getting hot when it counts. Cardinals are pretty good at that.

3. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, except you have not yet been subjected to the infield fly rule. :mad:

I guess this is all further proof that the second wild card is evil and heinous. And Bud Selig is up to no good, but we all knew that.

If the World Series ends up being the Cardinals vs. the Yankees, I'll be rooting for a zombie apocalypse.

4. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

Pissed off at the pathetic Nationals pitchers. They weren't particularly stellar in September and it continues into October. :mad:

(Granted the offense sucked as well... they had several chances with runners in scoring position, but didn't convert!)

That's the only scenario I wouldn't have a team for which to cheer. Absolute worst scenario. The best is if neither of those two teams is in the World Series.

5. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I'll be watching skating. Exclusively. Including every JGP video I can find. :p

6. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I got home in time to watch the ninth inning of the Giants/Reds game, and the cameras cut to the dugout where Brian Wilson was talking to Tim Lincecum. The announcer said, "Lincecum doesn't seen so freakish when standing next to Wilson."

:)

7. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I hate the Yankees. That is all. :EVILLE:

:wuzrobbed

8. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Yeah, Yankees suck.

9. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

The Yankees don't suck.

The Yankees are the living and breathing Baseball interpretation of a Black Hole that ends in a gigantic pool of toxic sludge.

But they don't suck. ;)

Heather, I was feeling for you earlier tonight. After the heartbreak of last night, I was afraid of that kind of an outcome today. :(

PL...I've got to cheer for the team a good Canadian boy's on, so... :) We were also watching at that point of the game this afternoon and the commentators did have a point. :lol: :D :lol:

Rob and (deleted member) like this.
  10. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

This day is full of suck. *sigh* :fragile: :fragile: :fragile:

11. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Holy Crap...The A's pull it off!!!

12. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Tonight was a GREAT baseball night! Hooray Giants and A's, Bay Area represent! Last but not least.... YAY YANKEES!

13. Zemgirl

:cheer2: With the exception of Detroit fans, I don't see how anyone can be against the A's. They're like the anti-Yankees - super low payroll, almost no media attention (until recently), and they're entertaining. I hope they'll have a great October.

14. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

That was awesome!!! :cheer2: So happy for Oakland.

Just wish I could feel the same way about the Yankees. :p Didn't help that a known fan tweeted the Nats must have remembered they were Expos. :lynch:

15. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Hmph :mad:

16. Zemgirl

Maybe they could think of themselves as the 1994 Expos? Then it can be like The Revenge of the Expos. :D

17. PRlady

I was on the Metro yesterday right after the game, and at a junction hundreds of Nats fans coming home from the game got off the train I was boarding.

I haven't seen that many Washingtonians so glum since Bush was re-elected...

18. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

:fragile:

I fell asleep secure in the knowledge that the Tigers had it -- and wake up to this. :(

19. PrincessLeppard

I quit watching when the Orioles blew it in the ninth.

Merde.

20. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

Every team I wanted to win yesterday ended up losing. It couldn't have been a worse day of baseball. While I'll certainly cheer for the Giants if they're in the World Series, or Oakland if they're facing the the Cardinals, neither are my preferred top hopes for the World Series. but most importantly, please oh please at the very least avoid a Cardinals vs Yankees World Series.

21. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Nats alternate between looking like deer in the headlights and dead in the eyes. Even Zimmerman. I am not optimistic.

Morse left how many men on base and was so slow in the outfield.
    Why is Bryce Harper still batting second and Ian Desmond is batting sixth? Move Des up right now! I might put him 3rd in the line up, he's 7 for 12.

Nice to see Frank Robinson throw out the first pitch.

22. PrincessLeppard

The Giants/Reds game starts in 20 minutes. So does my next class.

I am about to repeat wedding scenario.

:sekret:

23. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

:p

That is all.

24. PRlady

Gee, I wonder where you live. :p

25. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Yay, Giants!!!! Go A's, go Yankees!

26. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

F&ck yeah! Finally something to cheer about. Walk-off homer from Jayson Weryth to win game 4 for the Nationals!! :cheer2:

27. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I just turned to TBS to see how that game was going to turn out...about one minute before the game winner. Nice!

I want to root for the Nationals. But my husband's cousin is a relief pitcher for the Cardinals. Divided loyalties...

28. PrincessLeppard

:cheer:

In the Giants game, I was so excited after Posey's grand slam that I sent a "FCUK YEAH" text to my sister, except that I accidently sent it to my dad. :p

He took it well. ;)

And I know this isn't any consolation to Heather, but I really didn't think the Giants would pull this feat off, and I also appreciated (though my heart didn't) that the Reds didn't roll over and die after that six run inning.

29. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

It was great. The whole park erupted, and the place was rocking. We went out afterwards and it was fun to see bars full of happy Nats fans.
    And win # 3 for Teddy too.
    Frank Howard threw out the first pitch.

They brought a military family to the game, a mom and 2 kids, standing on the terrace with the big Presidents behind them. Showed them a video message from the dad in Afghanistan saying he missed them and wished he could be there for a Nats win. Then the Presidents parted and there he was! The little boy was so surprised. I think the mom knew.

Going to game 5 tomorrow. Yikes.

Condolences to Heather, and congrats PL.

30. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Well, the migraine I woke up with and suffered through most of today (which also caused me to miss work today) must have been a premonition to how my Reds season would end. This day is full of suck too. :fragile: