Base value for Jumps different for ladies than men?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by bek, Feb 10, 2013.

1. bek

bek Guest

Personally I think that ladies skating we are seeing a bit of downgrade in jumps. It will change a bit with Kim coming back, which will force others to upgrade their content. However, I am a bit concerned with the lack of triple lutzs in the short for ladies.

So I'm wondering if perhaps what should really happen is some base value changes for the women. Please don't get me wrong, I am not angry about Kostner's lutzless win at Worlds last year or anything like that. But I think it is a sport and the women should be more encouraged to go for risk, if they can do it.

I think one idea would be changing base values so that a 3axel was scored more like a quad and a 3 lutz was scored more like a triple axel. Some changes on how combos are scored would be useful for men and woman, along with of course a bonus for having all the jumps..

I don't think there should be a litmus test (you must have this jump in order to win) but I do think its discouraging seeing ladies who can do the 3lutz, leave it out.

I really do think considering the technical abilities for ladies and men are different, the base values should maybe be different too....

2. torren

torren New Member

sorry, delete

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  3. torren

torren New Member

I agree with some degree. triple axel's base point should be higher.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  4. torren

torren New Member

because of strong russian girls, not only kim