Barefoot Contessa Refuses to Meet with Make-a-Wish Child

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Apr 1, 2011.

1. duane

duane New Member

Sounds to me as if someone is looking for her own reality show.

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I should have quoted IceAlisa. I wasn't talking to you or anyone else.

3. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Please quote me when I said Ina was evil. I didn't realize she had ubers. You must have missed the part when I said it's likely Ina didn't know about the situation until it went public. But if you want to continue with the :drama:, by all means.

4. bek

bek Guest

I'm not an Ina uber. Never saw her show, couldn't pick her out of a line up. But I can on principal feel sorry for someone who is getting racked over the coals for not doing someone else a favor. Its a principal matter for me. I'd imagine that celebrities get bombarded with so many charity offers that if they accepted everyone one, they'd never have time for a personal or professional life . So they learned the value of the word "no", and since I'm not privy to Ina's schedule I can't say whether this offer was more unique than her other offers. Nor can I judge for her what offers should be more important. And yes I can imagine that she would hire staff to sort through the offers, and once again since I'm not privy to the offers she gets or her schedule, I can't judge for her staff whether they were wrong not to choose this one.

5. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Where is that dead horse emoticon?

ArtisticFan and (deleted member) like this.
  6. bek

bek Guest

:lol: I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't some uber.

7. BigB08822

I could quote where you said it was likely that Ina didn't know about the situation or I could quote this:

Norlite and (deleted member) like this.
  8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Oh that's right. Same thing as saying as she is evil. :rolleyes:

And yes, the article I read did make it sound as if she refused without trying. When I read her rep's statement later on linked by a poster, I said it was unlikely she knew about it. What exactly is your problem with this again?

9. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Wow, talk about Pot. Kettle. black.

It's clear you intend to go on until you have the last word. I'm done with arguing with you as your personal attacks, twisting people's words and we demanding we defend this twisted version of them is tiresome. I post here to have fun not win arguments at all costs.

But for people who might find it funny... I had barely heard of the Barefoot Contessa before this. And yesterday I turn around from posting in this thread and what do I see sitting on my kitchen island? A box of "Barefoot Contessa Red Velvet Cupcake" mix.

Apparently the woman is not only an evil child hater, she's EVERYWHERE!! :lol:

becca, BigB08822 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. BigB08822

You still don't know??? :slinkaway

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

To be honest I wasn't aware I was having an argument with you. :confused: You quoted my response to bek. Not sure why you are taking that post personally. Your post makes no sense to me.

12. genegri

genegri Active Member

After reading her blog, I find this mother tacky to say the least. I have every sympathy for her and her child, but hers is the only behavior that has been out of the line.

Not saying this mother is, but just in general terms, having terminal illness does not automatically make a person or their family angels; egotistical or other not so nice people and their family may get sick too. And when they do, their ego can manifest through their behaviors and sometimes blogs. Maybe that's their way of dealing with their situations and I know most of us try to give sick people as much benefit of doubt as possible, but there also has to be a bottom line.