Barb Underhill

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by googooeyes, Apr 21, 2012.

1. googooeyes

googooeyes Member

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

3. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Did Underhill do any behind-the-scenes work for Battle of the Blades? I do remember her being shown working with hockey skaters on other programs (probably World or Olympic broadcasts).

4. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Didn't see her in any behind-the-scenes footage from BOTB seasons 2 or 3, but she competed in BOTB season 1 and looked fantastic! She did a short exhibition too with Paul one week. It was hard to imagine that it had been 25 years since their world title. :)

5. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Barb has been teaching stroking to Triple A hockey teams for some time and then she worked with some individual NHLers the last two years. There was an article about her acitivites in the star or Globe a yer or two ago.

6. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

She's been working with the Leafs most recently. My daughter does treadmill skating (in her hockey skates and a harness - very fun) and the last two times she's been there Barb has had sessions with her NHL players right before. The last time was pretty cool as my daughter's instructor (who runs the treadmill so is there for Barb's sessions) used her as a test subject for some new drills they had been working on with the NHL players to improve power and speed (my daughter is 8 ;)).

I am always curious about how much of Barb's insight comes from her experience as a figure skater, and how much from her new vision on hockey skates... I do know my daughter's instructor swears she has the best edges on any skater he's ever seen, and that includes Kurt B!

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!