Ballet School on LOGO

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

A documentary about the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School is on. I was supposed to go out an hour ago, but I am hooked. It's very interesting.

Is this the school Emanuel Sandhu attended?

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

No, he went to the National Ballet School in Toronto (also a very fine school).

3. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

what channel was this on? I looked for it but not on my t.v. and No Emanuel went to the national ballet school in Toronto.. I like documentaries like that and is it the one about the nutcracker as think I have seen it before :confused:

4. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I stumbled on this by accident; thank goodness TWC has a start over feature on several channels/programs, so I was able to see the whole thing. Rex, I was hooked also. It is so interesting to see young dancers at the start of their careers and I loved watching the First Steps or whatever it was called where the dancers choreographed for themselves.

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

For some reason, Johnstuart was my favorite...and I think the concept of a Ballet Grand Prix is interesting. Almost like figure skating.

6. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Personality wise, Johnstuart was definitely my favorite. I would like to have seen more of Tristan to know if his dancing was really that good.

I actually googled Johnstuart and he is now dancing with the Colorado Ballet in the corps de ballet.

I love it though. I thought it was a really well done piece and it made me really care about the dancers.

7. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I didn't have a favorite, but I thought the boys were so much more interesting than the girls in general. I could barely tell one girl from another, but the boys held my interest.

It may not have been that Tristan's dancing was really that good. They may have needed his body type or they may have had him in mind as a partner for a specific girl.

Johnstuart, on the other hand, looks destined for a career of playing Puck or Mercutio, but never Oberon or Romeo. If the right company has an opening for a demi-caractere (sp?) dancer, he could get snapped up.

8. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

This was on LOGO (www.logotv.com) and it looks like it'll be reshown on 4/12 at 1pm. Its called Ballet High.

It looks like the website also has all the episodes of Be Good Johnny Weir.

9. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Almost like figure skating for me.....

10. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I DVR'd it last night, glad to hear it was good, now I'm really looking forward to watching it. There was a reality dance show on a year or so ago that really sucked, can't remember anything about it. This sounds more "real."

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

LadyGray and (deleted member) like this.
  12. LadyGray

LadyGray New Member

Thank you all for posting about this!

13. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

Thanks for posting!
    :)