Bachelor Sean (Plus Ashley/JP wedding)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rob, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

2. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Congrats to Ashley & JP on their wedding tomorrow!

I still can't believe he got over her boohooing her eyes out over Bentley over and over again. I guess it was meant to be!

I'm sure for the nice check ABC is writing to them the guest list had to include a bunch of Bachelor/ette alumni though a few people on the list seem like to be actual friends so maybe it won't all people they have never actually met. The alumni pool seems to get to know each other quite well.

I have mixed feelings on Sean's chosen one. On paper doesn't look like a good match and another Lt. Andy & Tessa coupling. Time will tell if Sean and chosen one can make it more than six months post show!

3. Catherine M

Ashley & JP were suppose to have the main cover story on People this weekend but got bumped by the Royal Baby to be so its just a corner shot for them:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20653832,00.html

Sounds like it was a very nice wedding and I like her dress. Not sure what the ratings will be on December 16th as there isn't alot of buzz.

4. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

The article in the DWTS thread says that Emily Maynard is going to compete on DWTS next season.

5. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Really? and people have called Jake P a "media whore". I mean, hasn't she had her 15 minutes of fame over and over and over again? I am sick to death of this woman who pretends that her child is everything yet she continues to put herself out in the spotlight. How fast can we get her off the show?

6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Yeah, all she needs is an appearance on Bachelor Pad.

7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:huh: So all women with children who are in the public eye are bad mothers?? :confused:

Coco and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I think professordeb was pretty clear that she's talking about this woman, not all women.

9. professordeb

Yes, I was expressing my disdain for THAT particular female. It has bugged me that she keeps insisting that she is all about being a good mother and how much her daughter means to her yet she continues thrust herself into the limelight. UGH!

10. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I don't get how one woman is a bad mother for wanting a life in the limelight while other mothers who are in the limelight are okay? :confused:

11. professordeb

This particular one is, IMO, because she has been putting it out there about how terribly she misses her daughter and she can't do certain things because it might put her in a bad light and hence be a bad thing for her daughter to see/know. If she was as serious about this as she has insisted she is, then her actions would reflect such. She wouldn't go looking to be in the spotlight over and over again. Instead, she'd settle down and keep her life on the QT. That doesn't mean she can't have a life -- only that every single thing she does doesn't need to be "the story of the week". It just seems to me she says one thing but does another. There's a name for someone like that. It's the fact that she seeks it while paying lip service to how much she wants to be a regular mom. OTOH there are many mothers who are in the limelight and they are there because the press wants to put them there, not because said moms are doing whatever they can to extend their 15 minutes of fame. In my books, she no better than Kate of the Kate and eight fame.

12. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Most famous people seek a career doing something that brings them fame, then have kids, and then have mixed feelings about the effect the fame has on the kids. Kate Gosselin used her kids to achieve fame, and I think a lot of people don't really approve of that. I think professor deb puts Emily in the latter category. Plus, Emily doesn't appear to be pursuing anything like acting, or modeling, or sports, or being a commentator for sports or entertainment, or opening a restaurant, or launching a fashion brand. At least a lot of the reality fame ho types pretend to do that.

13. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

I hate Emily. She needs to just go away!

14. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Exactly; she's a hypocrite.

15. Catherine M

16. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Everyone needs a gimmick. Emily clearly is not a Rhodes Scholar, so she had to find another claim to fame.

17. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i thought bandying that dead boyfriend about was her gimmick

18. professordeb

:D think you got that right. Along with the "poor little me, I'm doing my best to be a single mother" and I need a real MAN in my life so world, I'm fame-mongering until I get one.

19. Catherine M

I want to marry Mama JP.

And I still think ABC paid Ashley's sister to stir up things to make things less obvious and she was enough of a fameho to do so.

20. Cruella

Cruella New Member

OMG Catherine, I was just coming on here to say how much I love JP's mother! She does seem like the dream M-I-L, doesn't she? And as much as Ashley still bugs me, she and JP do seem like they're a good match and genuninely happy.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I think my hearing is beginning to fail me. Did I hear that wedding planner say that dress for the dog cost $7,500?

22. Catherine M

I've been watching this show for a long time and JP's mom is probably the best mom they have ever shown. Such a sweet lady and seems very loving towards both JP & Ashley. And she's probably just as nice to the brother's girlfriend so no faking for the camera. Unlike Ashley's sister who seems like she's gritting her teeth when saying nice things.

23. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Your hearing is fine.
    What a waste of money!

24. Catherine M

I'm on the fence about Sean's season. I guess I'll tune in but I won't be surprised if I zone out mid season.

25. Catherine M

Ashley & JP really do seem happy. Best of luck to them!

26. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I forgot to tape it. Boo!

27. professordeb

Congrats to the couple. Here's to hoping they have a long and happy marriage.

28. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Is what's his name(the bach. host) really qualified to marry them or was it all for show? Are they legally married?
    Or did they have a real wedding first?

29. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

He was qualified. Anyone can get ordained to perform wedding ceremonies, you can even do it online.

30. Catherine M

Just a reminder that Sean's quest for true love forever or till at least November, starts tomorrow.

Hasn't really been alot of buzz about the season so I'm not sure yet if I'll be watching as I've got plans for tomorrow evening.