Australian Adult Skater Tibbi Straub has passed away

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by Aussie Willy, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Some of you may know Tibbi who competed at the Obertsdorf Adult competitions over the years. This morning I was told that last night he passed away, suffering a major heart attack.

Condolences to his wife Sharon. He will be sadly missed from the Australian skating scene.

2. Bunny Hop

Bunny Hop Perpetually learning Dutch Waltz

:( I only met Tibi and Sharon a couple of times when we were home in Sydney a few Christmases ago, but they were both very friendly and helpful, and Tibi encouraged us to stay in touch.

My husband was only speaking to Tibi a few weeks ago at Penrith ice rink, and we'd been looking forward to getting to know he and Sharon better.

This is very sad news indeed.

3. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the news. I saw some posts on Facebook from other adult skaters and recognized him from the photos, but wasn't sure where he was from. This is sad news indeed - everyone who had met him at Obertsdorf spoke very highly of him.

4. coskater

coskater New Member

I saw them routinely in Oberstdorf each year. He was a very nice man, who was very going and loved to skate. I can't imagine how Sharon is dealing with this loss. So sorry ....

5. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Tibi was a great guy and will be sorely missed.