At long last, the latest Manleywoman SkateCast! #57 with collector Roy Blakey

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by manleywoman, Sep 6, 2012.

1. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Thanks everyone who listens to my podcasts for all your patience while it took me much of the summer to switch hosting services. The files individually are so large, that my old service couldn't handle the bandwidth anymore. So I did my homework and settled on a service that specializes in podcasting and promoting the podcasting community. Hopefully this is the last time I have to do this for a long while!

Anyhow . . . SkateCast #57 with is Roy Blakey, a prolific collector of skating memorabilia who has been collecting for over 70 years! He has his own website that gives an overview of ice show history and highlights of the collection itself. He also was recently on Antiques Roadshow with one of his costumes for Sonia Henie.

Thanks again for your patience and enjoy the episode!!

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  2. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

Hi MW,

Could you list the websites you mention at the beginning of the podcast as well?

Cheers

EOS

3. manleywoman

From my site:
    " A prolific collector of skating memoribilia for over 70 years, Roy Blakey is the owner of one of the worlds largest collection of skating memorabilia. Highlights of his collection, and an overview of show skating, can be viewed at his website Ice Stage Archive. His collection is going to be featured in an upcoming documentary by Roy’s niece Keri Pickett called The Fabulous Ice Age. He talks about how a day at the movies started his love for skating, his happiness with being in skating shows himself, and how much fun he had showing a Sonia Henie costume on an episode of Antiques Roadshow (Roy is at the 28:55 mark in the video). 58 minutes, 02 seconds"

4. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

It was well worth the wait!
    I enjoyed the interview very much.

Thanks, manleywoman.

5. manleywoman