Astrology Changes...Thought You Were Scorpio or Sagittarius? Now You Are "Ophiuchus"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Jan 14, 2011.

1. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

All my life I thought I was a Libra. But I am not...I'm a Virgo.

Why your zodiac sign might have changed

So who here at FSU is an Ophiuchus? Please let the rest of us know how to pronounce your zodiac sign! :p

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Oy Vey!!!

3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I used to be a Capricorn, now I'm a Saggitarius :drama: My friend is an Ochi thing now - whatever it is, the name is dumb. The Babylonians got it right when they dumped it.

4. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I'm surprised this isn't making more news - if it's all true, it would seem to turn a very longstanding and broad spectrum of thinking on its head. Even if you're not a full believer, I'd hazard to guess there are very few of us who don't know our sign and some of the characteristics associated with it, and who haven't read their horoscope on occasion.

I am SO not a Taurus. :drama:

5. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I'm still a Saggitarius. The reinforcement of this is amusing to me for some reason.

6. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

7. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

8. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

I'm an Opho ... Opha ... Oprah ... ugh, however it's spelled. It looks like it should be pronounced "Oh f**k us," but that could just be me being annoyed I'm not a Sagittarius anymore. I was Googling this yesterday and learned from Wikipedia that another name for Ophiuchus is Serpentarius, which sounds like the missing Malfoy son -- I think I like that one better. It's easier to spell, for one thing. We Opherwhointhewhatnows need to band together and figure out what our personality traits are supposed to be!

9. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

There is more than 1 zodiac, and has been for quite some time. And what Westerners use as their zodiac, the Tropical Zodiac, hasn't changed at all, because it's based on the seasons, not constellations. CNN

With that said though, I looked at my "new" sign and feel it more accurately describes me. My original sign is Aries. There is very very little in the description that applies to me. I'm not firey, impatient, assertive or outgoing. About the only thing that I can agree on is that I look good in red. :) But my new sign, Pisces, is about 90% accurate when it comes to describing me, if not more.

10. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I'm an O-cus. Oh, the horrors, LOL.

11. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:yikes: I'm one of those. Changed from Sagittarius to Opie. :wuzrobbed Haven't got a freakin clue how to pronounce it. :lol:

CynicElle and (deleted member) like this.
  12. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

My dad is the new sign. I'd call and tell him if I knew how to pronounce it...:lol:

13. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I am not going with this. There is no one who is more of a Gemini than I am and now they suddenly want me to be a Taurus. I don't think so. :drama:

14. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

I went from aquarius to capricorn.
    Now my life makes complete sense. :rolleyes: :p

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

I've always said I have no sign, so I guess I'm still good. :lol:

16. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with the TROPICAL zodiac and Sagittarius!

17. KatieC

KatieC Well-Known Member

Probably smart. They say I've moved from Cancer to Gemini. I don't want to be a Gemini, even though I never read them.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

I don't go with it either. I'm 100% Scorpio, born-on-the-cusp be damned. Besides, I was supposed to be a November baby.

19. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

I guess I'm now a Matterwitter.

20. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

Well, so many things depend on your other planets and how they all interact with one another. Aries may be the only fire sign in your chart!

www.alabe.com/freechart. Type in where you were born, what time (if you know it) and you'll get a slightly better description of how it all works! Actually interpreting the intersecting lines and conjunctions at the top takes some time, if you really want to know though I could help you out.

nerdycool and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I've also moved from Cancer to Gemini. I actually sort of like it...never enjoyed being called a "cancer."

22. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I'm no longer a Cancer but am a Gemini. I don't want to be a Gemini! :wuzrobbed

23. BYTCH

BYTCH Celebrating Prancer's Specialness

Good article, tracks the story: "It began when astronomy professor Parke Kunkle of Minneapolis Community and Technical College told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune about the precession of stars over time. He said 'Two thousand years ago the Sun was 'in' whatever it was in. Now it's about a whole constellation off from that.' Kunkle's quote went viral and was picked up by FOX News and other media outlets because people mistakenly assume that Astrology is based on constellations. But that's not true."

Ahhh, Fox News doing what it does best--distorting and misinterpreting facts. Now it all makes sense and I remain a Scorpio

24. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

You can you really be an Astrology expert? Whatever floats your boat, but it still remains a pseudo-science that produces no real, practical results.

Even if you take that site to be truth, the constellations still play a role with Western astrology and they don't quite correspond anyway. So really, it doesn't matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  25. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

I have been and always will be an Aquarius!!

Mozart and (deleted member) like this.
  26. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

This is exactly what I came here to post :rofl:

Aquarian Power :respec:

Mozart and (deleted member) like this.
  27. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Now I'm a Sagittarius (I used to be a Capricorn). I'm so not ready to be a Sagittarius. :drama: My little brother is the new sign. I like its name, it sounds cool. :cool:

28. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

All my life I wished I was born on my due date and not too weeks late because I always felt more Pisces than Aries. Now I am :cheer:

29. AnnieD

AnnieD Active Member

I don't like this new fangled star sign thingy! I was quite happy as a Sagittarian and now I'm a bloomin' sign I can't even pronounce and I've never even heard of. I think I'll just pretend I didn't hear this today!

Any chance that the main characteristic of a typical Ophiuchus-ian is "resistant to change?"

30. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Oh no, I went from Scorpio to Virgo!
    But I AM a cliché-Scorpio...and most of the time proud of it...my life has ended now.:drama: