Ashley Wagner on Today

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by sk9tingfan, Nov 16, 2012.

1. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Ashley Wagner will be skating on the Today Show during the 9 AM hour on Tuesday, November 20th. :)

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thank you for the info! Definitely want to record this. :)

3. sk9tingfan

Ashley just tweeted that she will be skating at 9:45 AM tomorrow morning (Tuesday, November 20th) on the Today show.

4. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Sounds great. Thanks! :) ETA, I imagine that's eastern time. So, I'll set to record for 8:45 a.m.

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Bump!

6. sk9tingfan

Some confusion over times. David Baden who is her agent just tweeted 8:45 AM for Ashley. Not clear who is correct; David or Ashley

7. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

All set to see & record! About 4 minutes ago, they showed Ashley doing warm-up skating on the rink, in a red jacket, just before cutting-off for a ad break. It was mentioned that Ashley has just been named to GQ's '20 Hottest'!

Time is now 9:30AM...so Ashley comes on any moment now.

Wheeee - Ashley!!!!!

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Saw it! I was a little surprised that there were no jumps, not even a double. But there were spins, a spiral, and a spread eagle. She looked really nice and very confident and happy.

9. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Saw it too - FANTASTIC! What peppiness, energy, vigor, musicality, pizzazz...yeah, I liked it. She did two high falling leaf split jumps in a row. Magnificent footwork. It appeared to be quite chilly and windy, thus the absence of rotating jumps, I'm guessing. Gorgeous long-sleeved red dress; semi-updo pony-tail hairdo...sassy with bounce. Skated to Joy to the World (in Mannheim Steamroller arrangement, I believe). In the pre-skate interview, she said that she can finally set aside the title 'Almost Girl' and be "The IT Girl.' She also pitched the upcoming Disson Holiday special, this Sunday from 4 - 6PM on NBC. Wheeeee!!!!

This gal has projection - 100% Star Power. I honestly have not been so impressed with the 'star personality' of a female singles skater since Baiul and, before her, Hamill. Wagner absolutely has the talent and personality to become a US ladies skating star the likes of which we've never seen since Dorothy Hamill. It's only been 35+ years. No jumping robot here!

10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

11. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Oh, that explains it! Well, kudos to her for being able to pull off a great routine anyway!

12. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I saw her program, too. It did come on at 9:45 (central time), and I managed to record it! Loved her routine and thanks for the twitter info, Sylvia. I had a feeling that was why she couldn't jump. The music, Joy to the World was perfect for her! :)

13. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Such Swag(ner)! :D