Artistry on Ice on September 4th in Beijing, China

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by NONKO, Jul 20, 2010.

1. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

That is an interesting music selection indeed :lol:

I don't want Plushenko skating to Sex Bomb at my wedding :shuffle:

2. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

I'm from Japan, and I've been a fan of Chinese pairs, especially a long-time fan of Pang/Tong since when they were not a big name and not so popular as they are now.
    Sad thing is: I can't attend this show, but it's good some people here like you keep us informed about it.

3. yaoyao

yaoyao New Member

Yeah, I feel many programs on the list will be too weird and unsuitable for a wedding ceremony too, but ShenZhao is always emphasizing that wedding just is a small part of the show, they do want to show the audience a different side of figure skating from competitions, to show the Chinese fans most expectative programs. This is such a feast on ice, as they will emphasize performance.
    Certainly, the program list may change, but I believe it must be a fantastic show!
    Thanks for ShenZhao!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  4. Carets

Carets New Member

Or Scent Of A Woman Tango? I want to see that exhibition once more!!

Plushenko:Sex Bomb!:eek:

5. xy3026rosa

xy3026rosa New Member

Hi,Galaxy.You like Chinese pairs ? I also like Chinese pairs too.I like PT very much.You can't attend the show,what's a pity!But the show will be broadcast on Sep11th by Shanghai TV.Maybe you can see it .

6. luCN

luCN New Member

Don't worry!WE chinese have humor too ! :hat1:

for PT's LP,we don't call it "impossible Dream" , but "try your best to achieve the dream never regret" , we think it's a very positive attitude and full of power and love:encore:

as for Lambiel,I know a little about him,but I think "don't leave me" sounds good,and we know a little about French LOL :p

7. elanor

elanor New Member

Yeah, the programs sound a bit weird for wedding party, all numbers in second part look to be sad or serious. :rolleyes: I hoped for Stephane's Traviata and S/Z Who Wants to Live Forever. And I wish Yagudin stopped skating Winter, great program for him but it was ten years already. Maybe they want to make the Chinese audience familiar with the skaters and their more known numbers. I hope the show is successful. Lucky Chinese funs. Great for S/Z they were able to do it.

8. lily

lily Active Member

What's wrong with Stephane's "Ne me quitte pas"? It's beautiful and romantic, maybe a bit sad, speaks about love...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FptJcJuRgjI

9. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

Do you speak French?

Because the lyrics aren't exactly what you want to be talking about at a wedding...

10. luCN

luCN New Member

You already have so many shows in Japan!jealous!:rollin:

PT are so beautiful and I really feel happy for them falling in love :encore::encore::encore:

Nearly all the people learn English here ,but maybe can't find one who knows french in 100000 people ,so it's not big problem:lol:

11. candle15

candle15 New Member

It's so interesting. :)

Can't wait!!

12. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

Thanks for a lot of information.
    Look forward to seeing the show!:)

13. senorita

senorita New Member

plushnko has not skated sex bomb since ages ago, maybe they asked him this?:wideeyes:

14. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

LOLOL!

Thanks xy3026rosa.

15. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Who Wants to Live Forever won't exactly lighten up a mood.

Also, people often dance at weddings. At least in the US, although I don't know anything about weddings in China. And not all the music tends to be about romance.

16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

At weddings in the US, sometimes the music is chosen for the dance beat, and it's better to ignore the lyrics...

17. luCN

luCN New Member

Johnny arrived yesterday night with his agent,about twenty little girls waiting for him.He looks tired but very kind to his fans,in a red shirt.

some gifts,some greetings,some photos.everybody looked happy:)

someone asked if he knew XXX had come(accoding to the news maybe Lambiel?don't listen carfully).He didn't mind that at all,obviously the ONLY thing he care about is PLUSHY &#65281;&#65281;&#65281;:)He kept asking wether he'd arrived or when will he come.He really loved Plushy and Russia &#65281;&#65288;maybe he will go to the airport when plushy come?LOL&#65289;

Today&#65292;he goes to the Purple Forbidden City.It's cool outside with no wind ,good weather for going out&#65281;

busy today,don't have time check my English mistakes,anyway...

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. lily

lily Active Member

Looks like Lambiel arrived too yesterday.
    http://sports.xinmin.cn/2010/08/31/6579883.html

Google translation gave funny things such as "he was wearing leisure suit with jeans, handsome" :lol: and "fans offer gifts and flowers and he looked happy and handsome in group photo with them". I hope it's not totally wrong. :lol:

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. reut

reut Active Member

"He looks happy and handsome" can't be totally wrong, I think. ;)
    Here is full translation to English.

20. reut

reut Active Member

Tara already tweeted the picture from there:
    http://twitpic.com/2k4cp5

21. luCN

luCN New Member

I think it's quite good for the online translationg:D

“he looked good wearing a leisure suit,shirt,with jeans,quite handsome.”
    “some fans went to the airport to wait for him.Lambiel was very happy to receive the flowers and gifts from the fans,and take photo with them gentility and gracefully.”

Title:"Prince of Spin" Lambiel arrived in Beijing ,the first one to come of the show cast

then introduce his medals and score,a real genius of figure skating,attending 2002 Olympics when he's 17 and got 15th.Two time consecutive world campions ,2006 Olympics silver medal and so on.....

He came alone,arrived 12:40,go out from the VIP channel around 13:05....

BTW,I heard that he go out of the hotel in the afternoon,and until the midnight he didn't come back.well,Beijing's night life is rich and colorful ,hope he had a good time....:lol:

22. luCN

luCN New Member

although tara often offers us many pics and informations,I don't like her somehow:rolleyes:

I think she doesn't like a agent ,but a girl friend or baby-sister:eek:She shouldn't do many things and should do many things that she never did :rolleyes:

and it seems that she wants to get the limelight even more than Johnny:eek:

23. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

Yeah. I agree that "Scent of a Woman Tango" suits the wedding more. I features delightfulness and graceful coquetry of a young woman.

But my hunch says it's her new SP. Her jumps may not be in places yet, still I'm looking forward to it.

24. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

Thank you, xy3026rosa, for the TV information. I hope I will be able to see it.
    Yesterday I called one of TV stations in Japan, and talked them about this show. I said to them, " The hosts are Chinese OGM pairs and the casts are amazing. Ms. Asada might perform her new SP there for the first time in the world.( I thought it would be a big push to them.;))" The woman who picked up my call was very polite and nice, saying, "I will sincerely deliver your request to the staff in charge. Thank you very much." I hope they will televise it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  25. lily

lily Active Member

26. luCN

luCN New Member

one more interview from SZ
    http://www.heb.chinanews.com.cn/5/2010-08-31/80566.shtml

rough translation

·we will perform 3 numbers,one is &#22825;&#19979;&#26080;&#21452; a Chinese song by ZhangliangYing as the ending of the wedding ceremony,second Turandot a very special program for us,which not only bring us to the top of the world but also let us know our love,3rd Corrida dance with PT ZZ and two young pairs,to give the young skaters a stage to express themself and give them some support and encouragement.

·there will be three stages ,the rink,one for the singer and host,one for the orchestra.

·Lambiel the world famous figure skating champion from Switzerland, American star Weir has arrived.World champion Mao and Olympic gold medalist Plushenko will arrive at September 2rd.

27. luCN

luCN New Member

28. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you for the information!
    Please, keep us updated.

29. lily

lily Active Member

30. discoduck

discoduck Bringing Albinoni Back

Looking forward to seeing pictures from the show!

The older couple in the pictures. Are those Xue's parents? I believe I recognize them from some photos I saw during the Olympics.