Artistry on Ice on September 4th in Beijing, China

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by NONKO, Jul 20, 2010.

1. LadyGray

LadyGray New Member

I have no idea what Xue plans on doing to these towels, but what a gorgeous photo of them!

Also, I want these shoes.

2. REO

REO New Member

Those two are a very handsome couple aren't they? I bet their wedding will be gorgeous.

3. luCN

luCN New Member

Hello everyone,I'm from Beijing,China.My English isn't very well,but I'll try my best to bring some informations from the show :)

1.first of all,"Artistry on Ice"isn't the real name of the show,"Artistry" is the label of a cosmetics company,which is the main sponsor of the show.It may has none bussiness of the art."Artistry" is the transliteration of chinese word pronounced "Yazi".

2.the real name of the show is "figure skating World champion Show",maybe because all the cast have a World champion of Olympic medalist(except Weir)

3.usually the details will announce a month before the show,so we may see more informations in the early August

Hope you can understand.I'll pick some tips from the press conference soon :)

4. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

Thank a lot for the information!:)

5. luCN

luCN New Member

tips from the press conference:)

Those English articals contained nearly all the words they said in the first part of the press conference.So I only pick some tips from the second part about the cast.

about lambiel "we are all very familiar with him","Lord of Spins"

about mao "world champion and Olympic silver medal","very popular in Japan"

about weir "He's score isn't as good as others on the list","but he has some unique point","people think he's the male version of Lady GaGa"(actually they made a mistake here to say "female version of Lady GaGa" LOL)

they said they will ask someone else who is more fit this show to add on the list.

:)

6. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Welcome to FSU luCN. And thank you for your translations. Much appreciated!

jtpc and (deleted member) like this.
  7. yaoyao

yaoyao New Member

8. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

Thanks for the information, yaoyao.

Really glad they are considering all of fans in the world.
    Thanks billions, Shen and Zhao!

I think a lot of fans will go overseas and see the show:)

9. yaoyao

yaoyao New Member

10. melonmelon

melonmelon New Member

Thanks.
    I think the seating chart is very strange. :confused:
    Anyway there is no way to buy ticket from abroad, so my friend booked the ticket instead of me. :lol:
    Do you know where the official hotel is ?

11. yaoyao

yaoyao New Member

Here is more advanced seating chart, you can choose your seat online.
    http://live.damai.cn/bj/xuanzuo/66670

Here is the official hotel, but all in Chinese, you can let your Chinese friend help you.:saint:
    http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3017&language=zh_CN

12. yaoyao

yaoyao New Member

Joannie Rochette will join the show!:saint:

13. luCN

luCN New Member

Hi everyone~:)I find some new interviews on tudou.com

Shen&Zhao said that there will be two stages for singers and others,confirmed Rochette's attendance,and they also said they may oganize a show next year!LOL

I'm so busy these days,I will bring more details when I have time:)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  14. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

15. melonmelon

melonmelon New Member

16. yaoyao

yaoyao New Member

17. yaoyao

yaoyao New Member

Yes, the official hotel is Four Points by Sheraton in Haidian District, instead of Nikko Century hotel. It is indeed relatively far from the rink.
    Here is the map:
    http://pic.yupoo.com/chenjing2010/Ap2WWumD/LA9V6.jpg

18. luCN

luCN New Member

Yes,the official hotel is really far away from the rink,and the traffic not good.You know,figure skating isn't popular in China at all.The sponsors are hard to find for an ice show,even if there are plushy and Yugudin......

BTW,Shen&Zhao announced that five Chinese pairs including them and P/T,Z/Z are preparing a group number choreographed by their coach Yao,something like Paso Doble LOL:)

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  19. bohemianrsdy

bohemianrsdy New Member

I have purchased two (2) 100 rmb tickets to this event, but due to some changes in schedule, I might not be able to attend -- I am willing to re-sell these tickets for a lower price. If anyone is interested, please PM me :)

20. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

21. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

I have my tickets :cheer2:

22. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

23. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Yes, well for me, and some friends :) And technically I don't have them, and I haven't paid for them, but a friend already has mine for me :) Wheeeee. :cheer2:

24. letsskate

letsskate New Member

Does anyone know the TV broadcasting schedule yet?? I'd assume the chinese channels will show it live? but then, i also know that CCTV is known for changing their schedule last minute and unannounced ... so.. anything? So I can probably prepare early and find a stream online lol..

25. luCN

luCN New Member

CCTV won't broadcast zhe show , because Shen&Zhao collaborate the show with a Shanghai local TV.

I'm so suprised they didn't work with CCTV or at least Beijing Local TV ,the show may get much more attention here in Beijing then, now it's .......:(

And I'm a little disappointed ,because that shanghai local TV's audiences will be much less and it may add too many ads into it.:(

26. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

27. zhantt

zhantt New Member

Hi everyone~ I am an old fan of figure skating, but new to FSU :)

I translated one of S/Z interview on Aug 19 in order to promote this show to a greater English-speaking audience. This is a tremendously long piece, so I'll post only the Google Docs public link in here. Please feel free to re-post this preamble or the whole piece to anywhere you like :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A brief note to English viewers

This is a translation of an interview with Shen/Zhao and their coach Yao Bin about their September 4th show Artistry On Ice, recorded by Tencent.com (video included in this link) on August 19th. The video of the interview can also be found in three parts on YouTube at
    Part 1 of 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsVwl6boOB0
    Part 2 of 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRXGg2r_GqA
    Part 3 of 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtdjnSV0h4
    This translation is hosted on Google Docs at
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=1yv0-_HowJKo6OnLb4qGjRjPBNo_jd-MjXct3ay8iq5E&hl=en
    The time stamps in this document are available based on both the whole video on Tencent or the split copy on Youtube.

This will be the first figure skating show in China. As you might not have known, S/Z once retired after winning 2007 Worlds and toured in many shows around the world, including Stars On Ice. They came back for Vancouver Olympics, won the first Gold for China and felt it is time to pursue their second dream, which is to promote figure skating in China. Their first step is to start the Artistry On Ice shows, partly inspired by SOI, and put their wedding ceremony into this debut.

China has very little figure skating culture, market nor fandom. It will be a tremendous endeavor to have the public understand figure skating as the art it is. It is simply amazing to see S/Z get committed to this life-long dream after the Gold at Vancouver.

This is the reason I took time to take down their words and translate it into English. Some of it may sounds very naive to you, but please remember that they, as such big stars in the West, are talking to a country and an audience who is almost ignorant of figure skating. Do take a look at Shen’s face when she speaks, an innocent little girl with such sweet dreams.

28. xuefan76

xuefan76 New Member

Thanks Shen&Zhao and all others enjoy figure skating......:encore:

29. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Next weekend!!! BTW, no live stream at the official home page? I tried but hard to understand :confused:

30. yaoyao

yaoyao New Member

A little sorry, no live stream at the official home page at present, BUT I believe we will have many clips about the show.
    The whole show will be broadcast video on September 11th by Shanghai TV.
    When I find a easy-to-use live stream of Shanghai TV for foreign fans, I will post it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To zhantt, thanks very much!

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.