Article: (Tammy) Gambill’s pupils young but talented

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by crzesk8dad, Feb 7, 2013.

1. crzesk8dad

crzesk8dad Active Member

2. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Nice article! Thanks for sharing it! :encore:

3. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I really, really want Dornbush to do well. He has such textbook jumps and doesn't have the boring qualities of Carriere, Mroz or Aaron. In my mind he is right up there with Farris and Brown. Sadly he just hasn't been able to put it all together since his silver medal at 2011 Nationals. :drama:

4. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Was this the coach that Scott mentioned during competition?

5. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

ITA! He has that command of the ice that eludes so many skaters. I really hope his ankle injury heals totally and completely soon... and no more boot problems. I just want to see what he can do without impediments!

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

7. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

If Richard skates clean he is easily in the top 3 in the US if not top 2.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  8. AnnMJensen

AnnMJensen Member

Tammy really has a very good system going - her skaters (at all levels and all events) are always very well put together and look prepared, even if the jumps have an off night. I really admire what she is putting out.

9. Morry Stillwell

Morry Stillwell Well-Known Member

It is a pleasure to to judge tests at the rink where Tammy coaches. Test candidates are always well prepared. Tammy also has a good support staff of coaches. One other things that adds to the enjoyment of judging at the Riverside rink, is that during the test sessions there is a ballet class going on. Judging tests with classical ballet music in the background is just great.

10. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Like she isn't swamped already but does she conduct "how to" seminars for new coaches?