Armin Mahbanoozadeh proves he’s latest U.S. sensation

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by azskatefan, Jan 3, 2011.

1. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information, Sylvia, as always. You are amazing.
    A part of me is thrilled that Armin is dedicating himself to skating. That young man has true talent. And a part of me is worried- I know firsthand of some very bright people who refused admission to Ive Leagues to pursue something else and then were not able to get admitted to the same level of educational institutions. I hope that would not be the case with Armin. I hope he skates very successfully and then can pursue a bright academic future- if that remains his wish.

Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  2. ninadel

ninadel New Member

Really? From my experience I would think commitment to outside pursuits holds a lot of weight... shows you're not a cookie cutter applicant. And his high school marks will remain the same. Sounds like these Ivy Leagues you're referring to are suffering from bruised ego. Going to a "non Ivy League" school isn't the end of the world anyway... look at MK.

3. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

That would be my thinking, as well... but a relative of mine deferred a top school after being admitted because she got a Fullbright (!) to work abroad, and her application the following year was denied. Nothing changed in her grades, and her life experience was enriched. Granted, it was a creative writing program, so maybe they are more unpredictable than most.
    Anyway, best wishes to Armin!

4. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!